Jump to content
MadonnaNation.com Forums

Madame X album general discussion


Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, bardo said:

i agree about the album as a whole but i love body shop. the vocals and production are great. it's a precursor to come alive. and i think the lyrics are cute/clever.

Rebel Heart: A disjointed heretic temple with many enjoyable spots but many problematic ones too

Madame X: A heavenly, captivating church with very little flaws

:smoke: :smile: 

My #1 favorite is Ray of Light, but The Perfect Album to me is Music. That 5+5 combo is without any fault. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

44 minutes ago, Crystal Coffin said:

Rebel Heart: A disjointed heretic temple with many enjoyable spots but many problematic ones too

Madame X: A heavenly, captivating church with very little flaws

:smoke: :smile: 

My #1 favorite is Ray of Light, but The Perfect Album to me is Music. That 5+5 combo is without any fault. 

I’ve updated my rankings on my signature. Don’t be alarmed at the placement of MX. It’s a dynamite album that blows my mind and rocks my world. All of those albums leading up to MX are effectively 10/10 each for me. It’s just a preference thing, with some of those albums like Erotica having been ever present in my life like old friends. Madame X is as good as it gets. Any artist would do anything to have this in their catalogue, but Madonna just adds it to her already legendary catalogue.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Crystal Coffin said:

And Boys for Pele to Tori Amos 

Yes!!!! This is the one.

Madame X ranks as my #3 Madonna album. That won't change now and I can say it with confidence.

1. Erotica

2. Ray of Light

3. Madame X

4. Like a Prayer

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, stevo208 said:

Yes!!!! This is the one.

Madame X ranks as my #3 Madonna album. That won't change now and I can say it with confidence.

1. Erotica

2. Ray of Light

3. Madame X

4. Like a Prayer

I still can't place MX exactly but I can already say it belongs for sure to my top 5. By the way Erotica is my favorite album too. I can't Express how much I love it

Edited by Geiger83
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, the-queen said:

I wish we could get a big card, signed by all the fans here, and present it to M, thanking her for this amazing album. 

Totally ! I'm so grateful !  :thumbsup:

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Crystal Coffin said:

Rebel Heart: A disjointed heretic temple with many enjoyable spots but many problematic ones too

Madame X: A heavenly, captivating church with very little flaws

:smoke: :smile: 

My #1 favorite is Ray of Light, but The Perfect Album to me is Music. That 5+5 combo is without any fault. 

So glad to hear you say this! I think so, too. 10 tracks, stunningly creative, boldly experimental and brutally efficient. I think it deserves a rightful place among her best albums ever.

Link to post
Share on other sites

For me, Madame X stands with Erotica, American Life and Music as a very, strong and iconic album. Not same level as Confessions, Ray of Light or Like a Prayer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoiler

 

this record is absolutely the record I have been waiting for since last year since the interview where she declared the records influences

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, possiblymaybe98 said:

Am I the only one that reeeally loves it? Out of so many tracks only 3 or 4 are trend-chasing, and Living For Love is her most underrated single ever, would’ve been a classic if it was released in the 90s.  MDNA is the true stain in her discography, Rebel Heart is not.

Your not the only one. I reeeally love it too. Love the production, the speaker splitting anthemic vibe of Iconic, the beats on Holy Water and Living For Love, the industrial sounding Illuminati and the craziness of Bitch I’m Madonna. It’s far better than anything her peers released in that time period also, including the younger pop girls.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, the-queen said:

I wish we could get a big card, signed by all the fans here, and present it to M, thanking her for this amazing album. 

Oh my god I love that idea 😂 signed! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

image.png

Madonna kicking ass in the Crave video.

I'm sure all fans are still playing the Madame album non stop since June 14, 2019. And rightfully so. 

MADONNAMAN X

Edited by madonnaman
general correction
Link to post
Share on other sites

This album is the highest rated of all time on Metacritic by users.. 9.2. A lot of people love it. I see a lot of love on youtube as well. It may not be the album for everyone, (it's left field, autotune can be off putting to some) but the experimentation and exploration is being very well received.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Nikki said:

This album is the highest rated of all time on Metacritic by users.. 9.2. A lot of people love it. I see a lot of love on youtube as well. It may not be the album for everyone, (it's left field, autotune can be off putting to some) but the experimentation and exploration is being very well received.

That’s really great! :clap:

I wonder if they’ll be many more professional reviews... Rebel Heart had 29 reviews counted and MDNA had 34!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, madonnaman said:

image.png

Madonna kicking ass in the Crave video.

I'm sure all fans are still playing this non stop since June 14, 2019. And rightfully so. 

MADONNAMAN X

Nice sentiment but the video plays suggest otherwise. The Eurovision clip has twice as many plays, for instance. Dark Ballet has almost as many plays in a week. And the audio clip of Faz Gostoso will easily have more plays in a week than the Crave video in a month.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Je5u5 said:

Nice sentiment but the video plays suggest otherwise. The Eurovision clip has twice as many plays, for instance. Dark Ballet has almost as many plays in a week. And the audio clip of Faz Gostoso will easily have more plays in a week than the Crave video in a month.

 

The Crave video has a bug on YouTube which results in the video skipping to the next song after 5 seconds when playing on smart TV, so I think this has a lot to do with those views.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow I didn't realize MDNA isn't well liked?  I loved it then and still listen to it now.  Rebel Heart has a few songs I still listen to. I would rank MX above both. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Illuminati said:

I just saw that the vinyl has the wrong track listing. It says that Future is track 4 on side A, but it's actually track 1 on side B. 

This bothered me. I thought the Vinyl was badly pressed until i realised the song was on the other side. Future does work better as a track on side B.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, tasteinmen said:

The Crave video has a bug on YouTube which results in the video skipping to the next song after 5 seconds when playing on smart TV, so I think this has a lot to do with those views.

That also happens with Katy Perry's video and that has over 50 million plays in two weeks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Je5u5 said:

That also happens with Katy Perry's video and that has over 50 million plays in two weeks.

I stand corrected, Crave’s number have been stuck around the same mark for a while.

That Katy Perry song is an instant banger.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, stevo208 said:

Yes!!!! This is the one.

Madame X ranks as my #3 Madonna album. That won't change now and I can say it with confidence.

1. Erotica

2. Ray of Light

3. Madame X

4. Like a Prayer

For me it's:

1) Ray of Light

2) Music

3) Madonna

4) Confessions on a Dancefloor

5) Madame X

 

I really love Express Yourself and Like a Prayer as singles. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1) Like a Prayer

2) Ray of Light

3) Confessions on a Dancefloor

4) Erotica

5) Madame X

It will take a few more listens but it might get over Erotica over time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nikki said:

but the experimentation and exploration is being very well received.

I think M got the world used to her experimentations ever since Erotica. Suddenly, in between COAD and HC she switched gears, and appeared to be chasing a True Blue kind of album again: chart-ready behemots and fillers. Sadly the chart toppers never appeared. MX is a very different album to HC, MDNA and RH. She owns the genres she borrows from, which is to me one of her most valuable skills. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, tasteinmen said:

I stand corrected, Crave’s number have been stuck around the same mark for a while.

That Katy Perry song is an instant banger.

Banger is a word I learned from this forum and I hate it

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Beastialg said:

1) Like a Prayer

2) Ray of Light

3) Confessions on a Dancefloor

4) Erotica

5) Madame X

It will take a few more listens but it might get over Erotica over time.

1) Erotica

2) Madame X

3) Bedtime Stories

4) Im Breathless

5) Hard Candy

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...