Jump to content
MadonnaNation.com Forums

Madame X album general discussion


Recommended Posts

On 6/28/2019 at 3:14 PM, Je5u5 said:

Crave.. disco?

maybe she has a bootleg of that remix that is apparently being released in 2020.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys remember this small clip from the Apple Music Interview back in April?

We never got to see more of it, and I was wondering if they're ever going to show sth more...well, I checked on Apple Music now and they have put up two more clips. One she's talking about Dark Ballet and in the other one she gets asked which previous era was Madame X inspired by the most (hint, she doesn't give a clear answer haha) I can't link but just check it out for yourself if you've subscribed there 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nonoka said:

You guys remember this small clip from the Apple Music Interview back in April?

We never got to see more of it, and I was wondering if they're ever going to show sth more...well, I checked on Apple Music now and they have put up two more clips. One she's talking about Dark Ballet and in the other one she gets asked which previous era was Madame X inspired by the most (hint, she doesn't give a clear answer haha) I can't link but just check it out for yourself if you've subscribed there 🙂

Thanks, Nonoka! If anyone goes and participates in the “Today at Apple” Music Lab where you can remix Crave, there was a brief intro which was taken from this interview, too. It doesn’t sound like it’s the same as the two clips you mentioned, either.

So odd how this has been segmented and cut into very short clips without sharing more widely...

Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 11:00 PM, bardo said:

maybe she has a bootleg of that remix that is apparently being released in 2020.

So I was  in a club in San Fran on Saturday night and they played a CRAVE remix that was really good with Video. I was shocked since I never heard the remix before and did not know she created a video version. I hope the Crave remixes come out soon on Spotify and YouTube.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CalinB said:

So I was  in a club in San Fran on Saturday night and they played a CRAVE remix that was really good with Video. I was shocked since I never heard the remix before and did not know she created a video version. I hope the Crave remixes come out soon on Spotify and YouTube.

i've been pretty open-minded about their whole release strategy, and honestly remixes won't do a whole lot for sales or airplay, but the rollout of remixes is so baffling to me. at this rate "god control" remixes will be out in the fall. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Believe it or not, I have yet to listen to MX till now cos I'm waiting for my clear LP (3 copies)  from Madonna store. I have the Japanese version, fnac version, boxset, black lp, rainbow lp, blue lp but all remains sealed. :sneaky:

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, horn said:

Believe it or not, I have yet to listen to MX till now cos I'm waiting for my clear LP (3 copies)  from Madonna store. I have the Japanese version, fnac version, boxset, black lp, rainbow lp, blue lp but all remains sealed. :sneaky:

hold up....WHAT?

have you watched the videos? performances? etc...?

Link to post
Share on other sites

So now the pride performance is over, I assume the promo campaign for the album is also over other than a potential video for Faz Gostoso? Again I assume she will now be concentrating on the tour rehearsals which means the era in terms of the public / TV performances is also over.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Crystal Coffin said:

"Extreme Occident" has lyrics in Portuguese, am I right? Songs with Spanish lyrics are the Maluma collabs?

Yes. That's Portuguese. ❤️

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, smirnoff_ice said:

So now the pride performance is over, I assume the promo campaign for the album is also over other than a potential video for Faz Gostoso? Again I assume she will now be concentrating on the tour rehearsals which means the era in terms of the public / TV performances is also over.

No. 

We still have Batuka video yet to be released and I’m pretty sure she’ll do more TV appearance/performances later on to advertise a second leg of her tour. I doubt she’ll only do small theaters in select cities. Madame X is here to stay for a long time. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Katypatra said:

No. 

We still have Batuka video yet to be released and I’m pretty sure she’ll do more TV appearance/performances later on to advertise a second leg of her tour. I doubt she’ll only do small theaters in select cities. Madame X is here to stay for a long time. 

But what could she do in terms of promotion that would expose her to a broader audience? Which talk shows? Is there anything confirmed? I doubt it a little bit, as she has done no performances on TV this time. I don't think it will now suddenly change. In this sense I also believe the (big) promotion is done. BMA, Eurovision and Pride were the big exposure channels for her and unless I am mistaken there is nothing like these till the tour starts.

Edited by Geiger83
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Geiger83 said:

But what could she do in terms of promotion that would expose her to a broader audience? Which talk shows? Is there anything confirmed? I doubt it a little bit, as she has done no performances on TV this time. I don't think it will now suddenly change. In this sense I also believe the (big) promotion is done. BMA, Eurovision and Pride were the big exposure channels for her and unless I am mistaken there is nothing like these till the tour starts.

BMA was amazing, but it didn’t grasp general public with the song. Eurovision was a flop. Pride was great but a bit too serious. So maybe her management will push her to do more promo afterall. Bitch Im Madonna saved Rebel Heart era, so maybe she should perform Faz Gostoso in Brazil or something.

I honestly doubt the big promo is over. Just because we are not aware of what is yet to come, doesn’t mean there’s nothing being planned. Like I said earlier, M is experimenting with this new style of touring. I really think that a wider selection of cities is yet to be added to Madame X tour. She’ll have to do some promos here and there when that time comes.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, smirnoff_ice said:

So now the pride performance is over, I assume the promo campaign for the album is also over other than a potential video for Faz Gostoso? Again I assume she will now be concentrating on the tour rehearsals which means the era in terms of the public / TV performances is also over.

Crave is doing surprisingly well on AC radio (number 12 this week if I’m not mistaken), so an acoustic version on late night tv might be a good idea

Link to post
Share on other sites

They counted on the Eurovision impact to have legs for this rollout. And it shoudve, if done right.

There is no bigger tv event

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, luizotaviobarros said:

Crave is doing surprisingly well on AC radio (number 12 this week if I’m not mistaken), so an acoustic version on late night tv might be a good idea

Yes, but the audience impressions are still miniscule

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Katypatra said:

BMA was amazing, but it didn’t grasp general public with the song. Eurovision was a flop. Pride was great but a bit too serious. So maybe her management will push her to do more promo afterall. Bitch Im Madonna saved Rebel Heart era, so maybe she should perform Faz Gostoso in Brazil or something.

I honestly doubt the big promo is over. Just because we are not aware of what is yet to come, doesn’t mean there’s nothing being planned. Like I said earlier, M is experimenting with this new style of touring. I really think that a wider selection of cities is yet to be added to Madame X tour. She’ll have to do some promos here and there when that time comes.  

I got really excited after the incredible BMA performance and - as expected - was totally in shock after Eurovision (still everyone who I know here in Germany talks and asks me about my opinion on Eurovison. IMO this shows how big ESC is here and unfortunately how negative it turned for the MX campagne), Pride was fantastic but too small.  What is still open...VMA? I personally think that even if her team has some surprises, nothing  - unless there is something really special - will be as big as BMA or Eurovison. For sure there will be some promo, but also nothing big. I really hope they don't let MX die because the album deserves being promoted. The question is if Madonna is interested in doing promo. I wouldn't be surprised if she and her team rely on the idea that the residencies will generate interest on the tour, so to say the tour will auto promote itself. I really hope there is still more good promo and surprises to keep MX alive. As much as I (as a fan) love getting new videos from M and feel spoiled this era with so many fantastic videos, this is not a promo strategy that will reach broader audiences, releasing videos is not enough to promote MX

Edited by Geiger83
Link to post
Share on other sites

So as anticipated sales fell off by 95%...on BB the album dropped from #1 to #77.  

The NY post wrote an article titled 

Madonna album sales tail off after concert promo

Surprisingly it states the Material girls drop no longer a “crazy anomaly” referencing the ticket bundle strategy and JoBros 96% drop and many artist doing it to be #1.  Click bait but pretty balanced article. 

Link below 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2019/07/01/madonnas-madame-x-sales-tail-off-after-concert-promo/amp/

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just feel there is a big documentary on the way... Something like In Bed with Madonna or I´m Going To tell you a Secret. IGTTYAS came circa 15 years after IBWM, so a new documetary can come also 15 after the last one. They shoot so many professional videos since she came to Portugal! And I really don´t believe it is just for instagram promo. It can be a documentary similar to Lady´s Gaga one for Netflix, it also had a huge impact. So this could be the right promo. A documentary that shows her coming to Portugal, process of recording an album and can end with the beginning of the tour. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jaspit said:

I just feel there is a big documentary on the way... Something like In Bed with Madonna or I´m Going To tell you a Secret. IGTTYAS came circa 15 years after IBWM, so a new documetary can come also 15 after the last one. They shoot so many professional videos since she came to Portugal! And I really don´t believe it is just for instagram promo. It can be a documentary similar to Lady´s Gaga one for Netflix, it also had a huge impact. So this could be the right promo. A documentary that shows her coming to Portugal, process of recording an album and can end with the beginning of the tour. 

Yes, she has so much to say, so why not convey her important message full on doing a real documentary, not what we got from amazon prime. The amazon prime documentary felt like a very long trailer. I have absolutely no doubt that Madonna has enough materiel for a lengthy movie. Talk more about about the world, love, guns, spirituality, whatever! A documentary that GP could watch and learn something from. It would be amazing. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Geiger83 said:

I got really excited after the incredible BMA performance and - as expected - was totally in shock after Eurovision (still everyone who I know here in Germany talks and asks me about my opinion on Eurovison. IMO this shows how big ESC is here and unfortunately how negative it turned for the MX campagne), Pride was fantastic but too small.  What is still open...VMA? I personally think that even if her team has some surprises, nothing  - unless there is something really special - will be as big as BMA or Eurovison. For sure there will be some promo, but also nothing big. I really hope they don't let MX die because the album deserves being promoted. The question is if Madonna is interested in doing promo. I wouldn't be surprised if she and her team rely on the idea that the residencies will generate interest on the tour, so to say the tour will auto promote itself. I really hope there is still more good promo and surprises to keep MX alive. As much as I (as a fan) love getting new videos from M and feel spoiled this era with so many fantastic videos, this is not a promo strategy that will reach broader audiences, releasing videos is not enough to promote MX

I agree with all that you said. If us fans can understand the issues and come up with actual strategies, I hope her new team is not going to disappoint. Next steps are crucial! Let’s keep an eye on it and hopefully there will be some news soon. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

VMA....I hope M performs and is nominated and wins in several categories like Best Female & Video of the Year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, smirnoff_ice said:

So now the pride performance is over, I assume the promo campaign for the album is also over other than a potential video for Faz Gostoso? Again I assume she will now be concentrating on the tour rehearsals which means the era in terms of the public / TV performances is also over.

We all would love more promo campaign, but I think that just after releasing "faz gostoso" she should concentrate in. tour rehearsals.

This tour is going to be amazing!

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Steve said:

So as anticipated sales fell off by 95%...on BB the album dropped from #1 to #77.  

The NY post wrote an article titled 

Madonna album sales tail off after concert promo

Surprisingly it states the Material girls drop no longer a “crazy anomaly” referencing the ticket bundle strategy and JoBros 96% drop and many artist doing it to be #1.  Click bait but pretty balanced article. 

Link below 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2019/07/01/madonnas-madame-x-sales-tail-off-after-concert-promo/amp/

Sadly steaming is big part of music industry now. Most of the record stores I frequent as a kid has closed down. Gone were the days where people shop at a store and buy a full album. So this is not surprising at all. These charts will become irrelevant very soon. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Madonna is not going to be nominated for a VMA or for Album Of The Year at the Grammys. Nor will she be performing at the VMA’s. And nor should anyone here want her to do so. The last thing she needs is Twitter blowing up at the slightest misstep or ‘offensive’ comment she makes if she dares to speak. 

Does she deserve an album of the year nomination with Madame X? I would say absolutely. Especially with the dire state of pop music right now. She dared to do something FAR different than anyone else out there and while she got favorable reviews, she still got her fair share of unnecessary eye rolls. ‘Ohhh Madonna’ is what critics seemed to say while praising the album. 

It’s fine. Erotica wasn’t nominated for a god damn thing and it’s all of a sudden become this early 90’s critical darling. Her work is easy to dismiss upon its release for some critics as self indulgent or scattered or clunky or not cohesive enough or any other phrases or words that are popular at the time. But it’s far more difficult to dismiss her albums as time goes on when people look back and realize that she wasn’t appreciated for putting herself on the line and taking risks that other pop stars don’t take. 

I suspect this era will be looked at as turing point in her career the same way Erotica was. An album that wasn’t mainstream but set the precedent of what it means to be a pop star at 60. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I still don't know quite how to articulate my full feelings for this record...because it's that good. No...downright phenomenal. Nearly 40 years into the game, and she puts out one of her finest records, let alone her most experimental. I'm still taken aback at what I'm listening to each time I play the album. And how many new little details I uncover from each listen. Without exaggeration, there is SO much to uncover in these songs it's almost too much. And then there's the visuals, which, lets' face it, are her best in nearly two decades...but sit perfectly alongside her career best. And then there's the very concept of the record which also continues to reveal itself through each listen. Good god. It's actually overwhelming.

This is truly a special era that the likes of may not quite be seen again for a long time. So I'm going to cherish every moment of it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, VogueMusic said:

I still don't know quite how to articulate my full feelings for this record...because it's that good. No...downright phenomenal. Nearly 40 years into the game, and she puts out one of her finest records, let alone her most experimental. I'm still taken aback at what I'm listening to each time I play the album. And how many new little details I uncover from each listen. Without exaggeration, there is SO much to uncover in these songs it's almost too much. And then there's the visuals, which, lets' face it, are her best in nearly two decades...but sit perfectly alongside her career best. And then there's the very concept of the record which also continues to reveal itself through each listen. Good god. It's actually overwhelming.

 This is truly a special era that the likes of may not quite be seen again for a long time. So I'm going to cherish every moment of it.

I also enjoy every moment of this era and this jewel that is Madame x.

is one of the best records of her carrer, We do not know when we will live something like this again.

I do not think to cry for the charts, sales, if it dances more or less, I value all the effort that she has dedicated to this record, to this era.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

This Album is a Masterpiece..there is only 1 Song i don't like.....I never hear a Madonna Album such long time in a row like

this one since COADF.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Corrupted critics and corrupted media have never been M's friends. She doesn't owe anything to them. Love that she is now over and beyond the whole "pop star" bullshit. :thumbsup: :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...