Madame X album general discussion

16 hours ago, Bat-Fan said:

I listen to the album 1-2 times a day and never get tired of it. I could not do that with Rebel Heart even though I liked it. I put RH on yesterday just to rest MX but found my self a bit bored with a lot of the tracks, there is a certain "flatness" or serility to RH, wheres MX is so alive and screems freedom. RH is good but a bit unexciting at parts

Indeed.

RH has some "boring" moments, so when I listen to it I often find myself skipping them (i.e. S.E.X., Iconic etc.). MX is fluider.

Edited by marcell976
error

I love both so much!

I listen to MX fromΒ MedellΓ­n through I Rise all the time, just as I listen to RH from Living For Love through Rebel Heart. Both absolutely stunning records...and so insanely different artistically.

53 minutes ago, Shaun said:

I love both so much!

I listen to MX fromΒ MedellΓ­n through I Rise all the time, just as I listen to RH from Living For Love through Rebel Heart. Both absolutely stunning records...and so insanely different artistically.

Β 

:thumbsup:

MY FAVES:

1. MADAME REBELΒ 

2. EROTIC STORIESΒ 

3. AMERICAN MUSIC

4. PRAYER OF LIGHTΒ 

5. VIRGIN BLUE MADONNAΒ 

6. HARD CONFESSIONS ON MDMA

Β 

4 hours ago, Ray Of Darkness said:

It also helps that MX doesn't have a bazillion deluxe editions like RH had. Sure, there's a deluxe, but it's much more contained and therefore more cohesive as one unit. Although I'm still mad Ciao Bella isn't on iTunes or Spotify.

Doesn’t Madame X have the same number of editions RH has?

What a record.. canΒ΄t get enough of it. After binge hearing God Control Future Crave and IDSIF I discover / re-discover the other tracks, thereΒ΄s not a single average or bad track on the album.

Totally falling in love again with Medellin, what a song.

I don't know why but I haven't connected with this album. I liked listening to it when it first came out, though there were a lot of songs I skipped (God Control, Future, Killers Who Are Partying, I Rise.i didn't like at all). everything Post Confessions have been meh for me but I did listen to HC, MDNA, RH a lot for at least a year after it they were released before I stopped listening to them, it's been years since I've listened to any of them except for 2-3 songs from each album I have on playlists. With MX I stopped listening to it less than a month after it was released and it's been weeks since I listened to it. I've even opted not to see the tour this time around (though I know I'll kick myself in the ass for missing Rescue Me)Β I'm glad everyone here seems to like it though, hope it's not another 4 years before the next albumΒ πŸ˜‚

Β 

There’s this hilarious girl on Youtube who is reviewing all of Madonna’s albums in reverse chronological order.

She reviewed β€œMadame X” and while she liked some of the tracks, she didn’t like the album all that much. She just reviewed it for fun without wanting to review any more Madonna albums, but with the idea that she might try to do the top 5 fan favorites from her comments section.Β 

Then she was watching TV and heard β€œRay of Light” in the background of some TV show, and fell in LOVE with the song. So she decided to view more M albums, with the idea that she wants to do all fourteen but might only do the top five in her comments section if she isn’t happy with what she hears.Β 

Then she reviewed β€œRebel Heart,” and she fell in *LOVE* with the album. It was lovely to watch her get very excited about β€œLiving for Love,” β€œDevil Pray,” β€œGhosttown,” β€œBitch I’m Madonna,β€Β β€œIconic,” β€œHold Tight,” β€œJoan of Arc,” β€œInside Out,” and β€œWash All Over Me.” It actually made me miss β€œRebel Heart,” which I haven’t listened to in several months.

The next was β€œMDNA.” Ooh boy. She didn’t like that one very much.

Then was β€œHard Candy.” She didn’t like that one very much.

Next is β€œConfessions on a Dance Floor,” which she hasn’t done yet but I am banking on her falling in LOVE with it. β€œAmerican Life” will come next, and we all know it splits fans so I am excited to see how she feels about it. Then will come β€œMusic,” and then β€œRay of Light,” the title track of which, inspired her to review the rest of the M catalogue. I am excited to see what she has to say about all of these albums, not because her opinion is that amazing or important, but because it’s interesting seeing what it would be like to have a new friend and show them all of M’s music and hear what they have to say from fresh ears untouched by M.

Her name on Youtube is AjayII. Personally I am glad she got MDNA and HC out of the way and still wants to continue, because for me those are the two albums that would be the least interesting to listen to in full for a casual listener, especially now that they are older albums.

Edited by imakicola

19 minutes ago, imakicola said:

Β 

There’s this hilarious girl on Youtube who is reviewing all of Madonna’s albums in reverse chronological order.

She reviewed β€œMadame X” and while she liked some of the tracks, she didn’t like the album all that much. She just reviewed it for fun without wanting to review any more Madonna albums, but with the idea that she might try to do the top 5 fan favorites from her comments section.Β 

Then she was watching TV and heard β€œRay of Light” in the background of some TV show, and fell in LOVE with the song. So she decided to view more M albums, with the idea that she wants to do all fourteen but might only do the top five in her comments section if she isn’t happy with what she hears.Β 

Then she reviewed β€œRebel Heart,” and she fell in *LOVE* with the album. It was lovely to watch her get very excited about β€œLiving for Love,” β€œDevil Pray,” β€œGhosttown,” β€œBitch I’m Madonna,β€Β β€œIconic,” β€œHold Tight,” β€œJoan of Arc,” β€œInside Out,” and β€œWash All Over Me.” It actually made me miss β€œRebel Heart,” which I haven’t listened to in several months.

The next was β€œMDNA.” Ooh boy. She didn’t like that one very much.

Then was β€œHard Candy.” She didn’t like that one very much.

Next is β€œConfessions on a Dance Floor,” which she hasn’t done yet but I am banking on her falling in LOVE with it. β€œAmerican Life” will come next, and we all know it splits fans so I am excited to see how she feels about it. Then will come β€œMusic,” and then β€œRay of Light,” the title track of which, inspired her to review the rest of the M catalogue. I am excited to see what she has to say about all of these albums, not because her opinion is that amazing or important, but because it’s interesting seeing what it would be like to have a new friend and show them all of M’s music and hear what they have to say from fresh ears untouched by M.

Her name on Youtube is AjayII. Personally I am glad she got MDNA and HC out of the way and still wants to continue, because for me those are the two albums that would be the least interesting to listen to in full for a casual listener, especially now that they are older albums.

I saw the videos, she is hilarious and I agreed with what she said about MDNA, it really is TERRIBLE but she loved RH. Wished she would have liked MX more

12 hours ago, rocknrolla said:

I personally connect with MX much more than Rebel Heart or MDNA. But IΒ have noticed the forum was pretty quiet since its release, so I wonder how many long time members feel about it.

I also connected with MX more than with Rebel Heart (which is by the way an album I love very much despite the bad production) and definetly infinitely more than MDNA (which is for me the least inspired album of Madonna and my least favorite). The issue with MX is that everything happened too fast after the announcement. On the one hand it was extremely exciting, but on the other hand the whole era "ended" too fast.Β  I know that times are different and Madonna has other priorities now but the album launch campaign felt too rushed and disconnected. I understand she didn't want to focus on singles but I missed more coherence (between singles and performances) and think it would have been a good thing. This was for me the only negative aspect of this era.Β  I also felt a little bit disappointed some weeks after the release because the first teaser gave us the impression that she would explore and play more with the characters she presented on the teaser, but this feeling has more to do with my own expectations, so it isn't that important. In the end I must say that despite some wishful thiniking and some small flaws (we fans will always wish more and more perfection) this album and era were really great and MX definitely belongs among the best albums Madonna has ever produced.Β  For me it is on my top 5.

My top 5 this very moment is: Erotica (it will always be my nr 1😍), Bedtime Stories, Madonna, Madame X and Music.This are the ones I listen without skeeping any song (ok, maybe one or two) and the ones I feel a strongest connection, for many reasons (let's see if it remains so. At least regarding Erotica I know it won't change). I obviously love Ray of Light, Confessions, American Life, Like a Prayer, True Blue, Hardy Candy and th eother ones, but I only listen to them when I am in the right mood 

Edited by Geiger83

I’m not sure any album, by Madonna or any other artist for that matter, can top Rebel Heart (plus demos) for me. Β Madame X was at an unfair advantage because of that. Β I wanted to love it just as much or more but even though the videos and visuals have been superior to RH, the songs themselves just don’t connect with me the same. Β I don’t listen to it repeatedly and don’t really have any sing-along songs like RH. Β That’s why I’m not too sad about not having tix for this tour, even though I hate to miss any Madonna tour and I’m sure I’ll regret it. Β I still love this album, just not as much as others.Β 

I really stanned and adored RH so much, I listened to it continuously for like a year as it has such a vast collection of songs I enjoy...but, I think that Madame X is just superior in every way.

2 hours ago, Bill said:

I’m not sure any album, by Madonna or any other artist for that matter, can top Rebel Heart (plus demos) for me. Β Madame X was at an unfair advantage because of that. Β I wanted to love it just as much or more but even though the videos and visuals have been superior to RH, the songs themselves just don’t connect with me the same. Β I don’t listen to it repeatedly and don’t really have any sing-along songs like RH. Β That’s why I’m not too sad about not having tix for this tour, even though I hate to miss any Madonna tour and I’m sure I’ll regret it. Β I still love this album, just not as much as others.Β 

Agree with your sentiments completely. For me, Rebel Heart encapsulated everything I love about Madonna. It borrowed something from each era throughout her entire career. The innocence of her first couple albums, the seriousness from LAP and ROL. The sexuality from Erotica. It has some of the best melodies of her entire discography as well as some of her strongest ballads. Where she failed in terms of production she more than made up for in the songs themselves. I absolutely agree that as an ALBUM, Madame X is stronger. But the SONGS on RH are far superior in my opinion.Β 

I'm not trying to put out another MX vs RH discussion, because comparing these two albums is like apples and oranges, but as you said, RH was going to be an extremely hard album to follow up with regardless of what she released.Β 

3 minutes ago, dylanciccone_ said:

I prefer Rebel Heart over Madame X but both are solid works from Madonna after the lukewarm MDNA and the polarizing Hard Candy.

Love MX but agree that RH is more my thing.

Rebel Heart is an amazing album but Madame X is more experimental,Β I love when an artist takes risks ... just like madonna did with Madame X. Rebel heart's songs are generic to me .... in contrastΒ withΒ Madame X's songs which are something special...Β 

IB<E>BS<ROL<Music>AL>COADF<HC>MDNA<RH ... 2 months in I can't decide between RH or MX...both incredible albums and an embarrassment of riches.

Also M/LAV/TB/LAP are all = to each other for me...I have no preference...the 80s output of Madonna is too good (see IC).

Every album is quality. She's never released a subpar album.Β 

Β 

My favorite Madonna is and will always be the one of the 90s who liked to take risks musically and producing cohesive albums. Madame X is therefore necessarily my favorite album of her since Music.Β Despite all these qualities, RH remains a collection of songs (some excellent) and not a coherent album.

I only listened to RH a few times then i was bored with it. I listen to Madame X practically everyday It's her best since COAD IMO.

I love Rebel Heart very much. This album contains wonderful songs, with strong melodies and catchy hooks. But it is unfortunately bad produced and suffered with the leaks. With MX Madonna managed to create an album which is varied but cohesive at the same time, well produced and new, specially when we take a look at the current musical scenario. That is for me the crutial difference between RH and MX and what makes me like MX more. Everytime I listen to this album I feel it is too short, because it is so involving. That is a special quality that not every album (even Madonna's) has