Madame X album general discussion

Universal Music (which distributes Madonna's albums here in Brazil) is doing a very bad job on Madame X. The album has a more than exclusive print run in Brazil with release expected next Friday of only 2,000 copies. super deluxe edition with two CDs). In addition to the reduced number of copies, the fan needs to pay the amount of 122.90 reais ($ 32) if he wants to purchase a copy. Those who want the 13 or 15 track version need to resort to importing.
Madonna's fan base here in Brazil is huge and it's no wonder all of her shows here sell out fast. Madonna is the best-selling international artist in our country and, to give you an idea, the Rebel Heart album sold over 30,000 copies here in 24 hours, thus securing the Golden album. Thus, it is difficult to understand why the disc did not have its traditional release here.

4 minutes ago, alexis said:

Universal Music (which distributes Madonna's albums here in Brazil) is doing a very bad job on Madame X. The album has a more than exclusive print run in Brazil with release expected next Friday of only 2,000 copies. super deluxe edition with two CDs). In addition to the reduced number of copies, the fan needs to pay the amount of 122.90 reais ($ 32) if he wants to purchase a copy. Those who want the 13 or 15 track version need to resort to importing.
Madonna's fan base here in Brazil is huge and it's no wonder all of her shows here sell out fast. Madonna is the best-selling international artist in our country and, to give you an idea, the Rebel Heart album sold over 30,000 copies here in 24 hours, thus securing the Golden album. Thus, it is difficult to understand why the disc did not have its traditional release here.

A Brazilian fan has petitioned Universal Music to see the public interest and the album will have its deluxe edition with 15 tracks produced and released in Brazil. If the forum is interested in participating and publicizing the petition for Universal to look more closely at Brazilian fans I can send the link

2 hours ago, alexis said:

I know!! I'm also brazilian and I have no idea why the record label decided to ship only 2k copies.

2 hours ago, alexis said:

Not surprised AT ALL.

Once again, undershipping and not making the album available for a huge amount of fans. I wonder if Madonna even knows the horrible job inter scope (and parent company Universal Music) are doing.. also, the fact that her manager is seemingly doing absolutely nothing to change this speaks volumes.

33 minutes ago, Nikki said:

Not surprised AT ALL.

Once again, undershipping and not making the album available for a huge amount of fans. I wonder if Madonna even knows the horrible job inter scope (and parent company Universal Music) are doing.. also, the fact that her manager is seemingly doing absolutely nothing to change this speaks volumes.

Interscope is the pits. They made my blood boil. Spend time reporting Madonna's biggest fansite over absolutely nothing, instead of promoting her work and making sure it is stocked and distributed properly. 

Madame X is now up to number 4 on my all time Madonna albums countdown and will probably end up at number 3.  I have been listening to over and over, and no song has worn out its welcome.  So many career highlights.

2 hours ago, Jitterbug said:

I’m loving this album so much. One of her best masterpeices ever. Only songs i skip are Bitch i’m loca and that Faz gus song 

I love bitch im loca i expected to hate it but its a bop ....

On 7/25/2019 at 8:46 PM, Lolasmommy said:

I think I listened to the albums Ray Of Light, Music, Confessions for at least 2 years in full with no skipping...after these albums I found myself going back to a handful of songs after the first few months of release...

Madame X I’ve been listening to all the way through almost once everyday since release & im picking up on new sounds, words, feelings all the time. I think this ones going into the same league for me as the albums I mentioned at the top of this post.

Totally

Same feeling here

On 7/27/2019 at 6:09 PM, Priceless said:

I feel like this is what sets her apart from so many other pop performers out there...she truly inhabits a mood, a feeling and a character in so much of her work and she employs a level of specificity and detail that other performers simply cannot match. There were several reviews that spoke of her using "so many accents" on this album - it's like, duh, of course she is speaking in different accents on this album, this is what Madonna does. I think her use of a vocal producer and vocal effects are really just an extension of that...she's trying to push her voice into new territory and different realms. And her voice is particularly suited for that, because on its own it's so clear and melodic that it really lends itself well to manipulation and distortion. I understand it's not everyone's cup of tea, but when has Madonna ever pleased all of the people all of the time?

Brilliantly said

Spot on

8 hours ago, Jitterbug said:

I’m loving this album so much. One of her best masterpeices ever. Only songs i skip are Bitch i’m loca and that Faz gus song 

+ 1, I really like BIL & Faz but on the main album they stand out like a sore thumb, should have been on the Bonus disc with the other 3 bonus tracks. 

I honestly feel this album will be celebrated years from now. It’s bloody brilliant.  

23 hours ago, Jitterbug said:

+1

15 hours ago, rebelheart said:

+ 1, I really like BIL & Faz but on the main album they stand out like a sore thumb, should have been on the Bonus disc with the other 3 bonus tracks. 

+2

15 hours ago, rebelheart said:

At first i also didn't really like it. but once I was "in the mood", i truly captivated by the songs. I was like, damn where i have been? And suddenly, listened to those songs non stop 😂😂😂

to quote a member here about the song.... "issa bop!" 

On 8/1/2019 at 5:53 AM, alexis said:

Faz Gostoso remains a hit here. See the sticker that accompanies the Brazilian album

A imagem pode conter: uma ou mais pessoas

Nenhuma descrição de foto disponível.

Bruno Medeiros

I want this edition so i can show friends theres a hit!

What a great album it is. It gets better and better. Some albums lose lacklustre so soon, but when I listen to Madame X I find new layers, new sounds, now backing vocals, maybe some meanings or feelings. I adore each and every song. 

I feel so happy that I can enjoy this album. 

For me, it’s starting to sink in that this album is her most consistent since Confessions and now my favorite of the 3 post-Hard Candy albums.

We are incredibly lucky to be listening to an album of this caliber nearly 40 years into her career. :clap: 

16 hours ago, karbatal said:

What a great album it is. It gets better and better. Some albums lose lacklustre so soon, but when I listen to Madame X I find new layers, new sounds, now backing vocals, maybe some meanings or feelings. I adore each and every song. 

I feel so happy that I can enjoy this album. 

I feel exactly the same. I'm loving the album and each song. It is so rich in sounds, layers and meanings!! It is one of her best and for me she doesn't have a bad album. 

It really is a great album. I’ve now switched to listening to the Mike Dean produced tracks, ‘Crazy’, ‘Come Alive’ and ‘Crave’ the most.  Which were my least favourite at first, but now I love them.

I listen to the album 1-2 times a day and never get tired of it. I could not do that with Rebel Heart even though I liked it. I put RH on yesterday just to rest MX but found my self a bit bored with a lot of the tracks, there is a certain "flatness" or serility to RH, wheres MX is so alive and screems freedom. RH is good but a bit unexciting at parts

12 hours ago, Bat-Fan said:

I listen to the album 1-2 times a day and never get tired of it. I could not do that with Rebel Heart even though I liked it. I put RH on yesterday just to rest MX but found my self a bit bored with a lot of the tracks, there is a certain "flatness" or serility to RH, wheres MX is so alive and screems freedom. RH is good but a bit unexciting at parts

I love certain tracks of RH but I've almost never have listened to the album from start to finish. In Madame X case the album flows so well and once you start the ride you let yourself go to the end.

I think Madonna had a bigger hand in writing Madame X than RH and MDNA and it feels more her and more connection to the better songs on it.