Madame X album general discussion

3 hours ago, Eltacubo said:

Does anyone know what these photo or videoshoots were for?

6189AA62-5A86-4128-A477-0F1654DB3090.jpeg

It looks very Billboard Awards '19. Maybe it was from its rehearsal.

madonna-bbma-feature-2.jpg?w=700&h=437&c

49 minutes ago, rocknrolla said:

That's weird I don't notice anything in come alive really.   

For me, she sounds very unnatural in extreme occident, whatever is going on.

I feel as though we are listening to different songs.  Her voice sounds completely natural to me on this song, with the exception of autotune used on the word “lost” a couple of times.

When she sings “I wasn’t lost, believe me,” she sounds very Evita voice, as she does on Killers Who Are Partying.

I don’t hate the vocoder effect but I can be picky with it. Some songs it feels like an extremely natural fit and is part of the sonic landscape.

Other times I find it too muffled, particularly on Future and in parts of GC. I know that was an artistic choice so accept it but would prefer if the lyrics got a chance to resonate clearly, vocoder or not.

Batuka is one of my faves on the album but I have found myself wondering what it would sound like with less vocoder and perhaps in a deeper register... something like the demo of Its So Cool. 

I agree with what someone suggested earlier with using less effects live. I think to the casual listener they just think she’s miming. She posted an IG clip or story a while back of Batuka being rehearsed and she was using her lovely deeper live vox so hopefully we get to hear more of that.

43 minutes ago, Shane said:

I feel as though we are listening to different songs.  Her voice sounds completely natural to me on this song, with the exception of autotune used on the word “lost” a couple of times.

When she sings “I wasn’t lost, believe me,” she sounds very Evita voice, as she does on Killers Who Are Partying.

Exactly! 

25 minutes ago, Flip The Switch said:

Extreme Occident is probably the most natural she sounds in the entire record. 🙄

Yes! 

1 hour ago, rocknrolla said:

That's weird I don't notice anything in come alive really.   

For me, she sounds very unnatural in extreme occident, whatever is going on.

Well, I guess you hear what you hear, I dunno what else to say hun 

15 minutes ago, cardiganstarlet said:

Batuka is one of my faves on the album but I have found myself wondering what it would sound like with less vocoder and perhaps in a deeper register... something like the demo of Its So Cool. 

I agree with what someone suggested earlier with using less effects live. I think to the casual listener they just think she’s miming. She posted an IG clip or story a while back of Batuka being rehearsed and she was using her lovely deeper live vox so hopefully we get to hear more of that.

I’m with you when it comes to Batuka. I LOVE the song and the vocoder makes her voice sound kind of like “tribal” if you know what I mean, like she’s part of the Batukadeiras group. I don’t know how to explain it without possibly offending anyone... but anyway, I also wonder what it would sound like if she didn’t use any voice effects. But love the song nonetheless. 

3 hours ago, I Don’t Search I Find said:

I love vocal effects. Veronica Electronica forever!

E276DDC3-91C6-47BE-9A93-AACF6967BE85.jpeg

She looks like a fembot in that photo !   The ones that scared me so much when I was a child and gave the Bionic Woman such a frightening time :lmao:

Image result for fembots the bionic woman gifs

2 hours ago, impr3ssive_instant said:

Yeah I'm not hearing any vocal effects on it at all...

I’m wondering if people know Madonna’s voice at all. I heard critics say there’s auto tune and effects in every song and that’s why they don’t like the album. But I don’t hear it in many of them. Could it be they just don’t know about her voice? Or don’t I? It’s confusing. 

2 hours ago, Lolo said:

I’m wondering if people know Madonna’s voice at all. I heard critics say there’s auto tune and effects in every song and that’s why they don’t like the album. But I don’t hear it in many of them. Could it be they just don’t know about her voice? Or don’t I? It’s confusing. 

Right. I’m kind of starting to think that rocknrolla is just trolling 🙄 

In the next update of the song "Faz Gostoso" should reach 12 million streams on Spotify. Madonna has a potential hit. Just she, the team and Anitta get organized for this. A music video would bring much more visibility.

I even predict daily stream streams on day one

7 hours ago, Rock said:

It looks very Billboard Awards '19. Maybe it was from its rehearsal.

madonna-bbma-feature-2.jpg?w=700&h=437&c

Im not convinced. The lighting and microphones seem like they are a shoot setup which we havent seen yet.

What about these? Are they just from the album booklet?

F48E7B0B-CFCB-46E9-A4BC-9E1D7DE270E3.jpeg

018100BD-9E19-4329-B196-800D17E9CF54.jpeg

9 hours ago, Shane said:

Yes it's mostly in the beginning of the song, when she pronounces lost and cost

Madame X is such a beautiful listening experience.  I specially love the first six songs. Besides Medellin which is one of her best songs ever, I love Dark Ballet and killers the most. The remainder of the songs are gorgeous. I think this album should and will be recognized as a masterpiece. But it does take a few listens to get into and to appreciate its complexity and depth. Not a lot of people have time for that,  I understand. But I instead of exposing their ignorance by criticizing what they don't understand, I wish they would push themselves to expand their horizons. Ignorance is not bliss, though it's the norm now. I wish not everyone has the right to express his/her opinions. But unfortunately social media is democratic and we have to suffer reading through a lot of garbage.  

Edited by miki

9 hours ago, Eltacubo said:

Im not convinced. The lighting and microphones seem like they are a shoot setup which we havent seen yet.

What about these? Are they just from the album booklet?

F48E7B0B-CFCB-46E9-A4BC-9E1D7DE270E3.jpeg

018100BD-9E19-4329-B196-800D17E9CF54.jpeg

Her Savage is hopefully coming

19 hours ago, Katypatra said:

Right. I’m kind of starting to think that rocknrolla is just trolling 🙄 

Wrong.  I mentioned two songs:  EO and Future about  having the most vocal effects.  Future I LOVE and is one of my favorites.  But the first time I listened to it I was like WTF, I hate this!  Then the second time I was blown away.   So I wonder if some of the people (and reviewers?) who had a harsh reaction had a similar experience.   Things like this can be very polarizing.

I have re listened to EO and I think people here are correct, I just don't care for the way she sings the song.  Music is one of my favorite albums of hers, but I Still  find Nobody's Perfect unlistenable due to vocal effects on that one. 

Other songs I keep seeing mentioned like Batuka either I don't notice or it doesn't bother me.  She lets her natural voice shine in several songs, Crazy, Crave, Looking for Mercy.  Even when they are used, she uses her natural voice in other parts of the songs.

58 minutes ago, rocknrolla said:

Wrong.  I mentioned two songs:  EO and Future about  having the most vocal effects.  Future I LOVE and is one of my favorites.  But the first time I listened to it I was like WTF, I hate this!  Then the second time I was blown away.   So I wonder if some of the people (and reviewers?) who had a harsh reaction had a similar experience.   Things like this can be very polarizing.

I have re listened to EO and I think people here are correct, I just don't care for the way she sings the song.  Music is one of my favorite albums of hers, but I Still  find Nobody's Perfect unlistenable due to vocal effects on that one. 

Other songs I keep seeing mentioned like Batuka either I don't notice or it doesn't bother me.  She lets her natural voice shine in several songs, Crazy, Crave, Looking for Mercy.  Even when they are used, she uses her natural voice in other parts of the songs.

I gotcha. Agreed with a lot of what you said, but I LOVE EO!! My favorite song after Batuka. Also love Future! Had a similar reaction when I first heard it. 

the only vocal effect i dislike on the album is batukka its so not required here it would totally sound better without it ..we will see on tour ..we heard her singing it live and she sounded good and it was without the vocal effects 

On 7/24/2019 at 6:24 PM, miki said:

Rebel Heart is a great album as well. 

It must be my personal taste, but I've never listen so much to a Madonna album, Madame X, compare to the last two previous ones ...

The quality, balance, complexity is really high.

I do think it is her best album ever.

I think I listened to the albums Ray Of Light, Music, Confessions for at least 2 years in full with no skipping...after these albums I found myself going back to a handful of songs after the first few months of release...

Madame X I’ve been listening to all the way through almost once everyday since release & im picking up on new sounds, words, feelings all the time. I think this ones going into the same league for me as the albums I mentioned at the top of this post.