Madame X album general discussion

On 7/15/2019 at 1:40 PM, zephyralexxx said:

That was my only concern as well and that's what I pointed it out. In rest, everything was perfect for me. 

But no, if it happens to express a little dissatisfaction, you're just a whining bitch. 

ya how dare you express your opinion that differs from the blind worship of everything she does. :chuckle:

36 minutes ago, T0pher said:

ya how dare you express your opinion that differs from the blind worship of everything she does. :chuckle:

I know right! After a career best album, six music videos, 2 straight months of promo, live performances and an upcoming tour there is A LOT left to be desired. :chuckle:

If only there were somewhere I could go to read about and discuss Madonna's numerous missteps. There's nowhere on the net for that. 😞 

2 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

I know right! After a career best album, six music videos, 2 straight months of promo, live performances and an upcoming tour there is A LOT left to be desired. :chuckle:

If only there were somewhere I could go to read about and discuss Madonna's numerous missteps. There's nowhere on the net for that. 😞 

😉💋

26 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

😂😂😂 Piss off

Not everyone is going to like everything that she does. This is a forum, he's allowed to express what he thinks without a bunch of wankers jumping down his throat 

28 minutes ago, T0pher said:

😂😂😂 Piss off

Not everyone is going to like everything that she does. This is a forum, he's allowed to express what he thinks without a bunch of wankers jumping down his throat 

Tipically fanatics. A huge difference between fans and fanatics. 

On 7/14/2019 at 1:42 PM, Alvarø said:

Also, Twenty One Pilots discography is slaying.

I love this, they're my favorite band. 💛

That and MX being #1 prove that we latinos somos los mejores. 🤘🏻

On 7/13/2019 at 8:34 PM, p4_trulo said:

Hello hyd beautiful peeps ? ( : im wondering if there is any member of the forum signed or registred on WIKIPEDIA to change or rather add that Madame X its been number 1 for the past two weeks on Mexico ( to see more number 1s on the list jeje )  , mix up the store where ive seen it at number 1 its the biggest ( or rather only one left) record store of Mexico , here i add 2 photos as proof hehe , they even ran out the first week of madame X albums on all their editons and only got back the regular edition nowdays , the deluxe one hasnt arrived yet , queen slays in Mexico , i guess its because in Mexico and latino america the GP its a bit less ageist than ur anglo culture   jeje 

64760571_2175357152755030_9077948812193955840_n.jpg

66814093_493595878078142_95707840043286528_n.jpg

I know we rock muchote !!  xD but still i didnt got anyone available to change it on wikipedia jeje 

17 hours ago, T0pher said:

😂😂😂 Piss off

Who suggested that anyone has to like everything she does?

That's what YOU said, not me.

17 hours ago, zephyralexxx said:

Tipically fanatics. A huge difference between fans and fanatics. 

Yeah, from my experience, the ones that nitpick EVERYTHING indeed ARE the biggest fanatics.

Fans don't get pressed about silly things. Just sayin...

1 hour ago, Ringmybell said:

Album available on YouTube possible worldwide

The album was already available on YouTube from day one. I think some countries had it blocked for whatever reasons.

8 hours ago, Kurt420 said:

Yeah, from my experience, the ones that nitpick EVERYTHING indeed ARE the biggest fanatics.

Fans don't get pressed about silly things. Just sayin...

Agreed! There are “fans” out there who think that THEY are Madonna and that she needs to conform to them and their expectations because they “own” her. It’s a mental retardation if you ask me. These morons walk around dictating what she should or should not do! Leave nasty comments on her social media and so on. Really cannot grasp the level of this delusion! Like, you are not Madonna, you don’t own her, she is her own artist and expresses herself in whatever way she wants!! 

Just listened to Beyoncé’s Gift album - can safely & confidently say that Madonna’s MX album is a much better ‘world infused Afro inspired’ album than B’s Gift.

M’s pop sensibilities are far superior and to think she worked with full creative control with a bunch of fewer collaborators rather than B’s industry filled help proves that M is still a genius and at the top of her game.

when is the world going to give due credit to this woman’s (Madonna’s) musical talents!!!!!

I'm still intrigued about some images used on Welcome to the World promo and cd booklet that seemed to be shown with a purpose, not just videos made during a photoshoot. that manequins, the falling mask, the "handmaid tale" look... could be a fan dream but maybe there's more to come? are those footages to backdrops on tour? oh, I want more...

3 hours ago, Lolasmommy said:

Just listened to Beyoncé’s Gift album - can safely & confidently say that Madonna’s MX album is a much better ‘world infused Afro inspired’ album than B’s Gift.

M’s pop sensibilities are far superior and to think she worked with full creative control with a bunch of fewer collaborators rather than B’s industry filled help proves that M is still a genius and at the top of her game.

when is the world going to give due credit to this woman’s (Madonna’s) musical talents!!!!!

And the list of writers and producers on Beyonce's record goes on for days. 

7 hours ago, Lolasmommy said:

Probably when she's dead. And the industry is going to ask Lady Gaga to do a full live tribute!

Im home alone on a  Friday night and ive put this record on again, and its giving me so many vibes. Every song a different mood and each one perfect.

Even Bitch Im Loca has found its way into my heart.

I was a staunch supporter of Rebel Heart - though i felt overwhelmingly that it was a missed opportunity. It was also cursed by having so many good songs, and no cohesive sound or thread. Madame X also has no cohesive "sound" but the fact that she has reduced the amount of producers down helps hugely and it feels like an album not a collection of songs.

Mike Dean & Mirwais clearly have an audiophile approach to production and i think it helps. So much of Rebel heart didnt sound good. Plenty of great songs let down by the mixing and some of the rushed production.

It still pisses me off that masterpieces like Inside Out will never be recognised as such, but i think she was genuinely so thrown by the leak she didn't have a clue as to how to finish the record.

She should be so proud of what she achieved with this one.

As much as I love MX, and I really do, this release strategy has no focus. It's all over the place. Releasing remixes for one song on the same day as a video for another. They don't allow any one thing to gain momentum before jumping into the next. Madonna needs to get a more savvy team behind her. MX is her best music since forever and people dont know about it or are not interested due to poor promo and odd single choices, no and late remixes etc.

1 hour ago, Bat-Fan said:

As much as I love MX, and I really do, this release strategy has no focus. It's all over the place. Releasing remixes for one song on the same day as a video for another. They don't allow any one thing to gain momentum before jumping into the next. Madonna needs to get a more savvy team behind her. MX is her best music since forever and people dont know about it or are not interested due to poor promo and odd single choices, no and late remixes etc.

I think at this point in her life, making the kind of music she is, this has been the perfect roll out. the music industry is no longer what it was. She cant focus on traditional sales methods and instead needs to focus on her hardcore base. The way she has rolled out the album has given her fans something to savour every 7-10 days. i think its been excellent. i havnt got bored of it at any one point. Ive been anticipating something every day since April.

I agree this era has been disappointing for remixes, but so what. its such a minute part of it all. She cant have an organic hit nowadays, its just the way it is. dont mourn the loss of that aspect of her career. She is nearly 61 and has done everything. why does she need to keep doing it again!

1 hour ago, Bat-Fan said:

Whilst I agree with you, what your saying is spot on the MX era is not about striving for chart success. Madonna won't get air play now with new music and that remains a vital ingredient for hit single success.

Her chart glory days are over so I think this time following the big promo push she did for RH which didn't really get it anywhere outside fandom, she has teamed up with Mirwais to over see a project of fantastic pop music that doesn't follow the rules. The songs have interesting structures and sounds encompassing so many genres and it's not striving for a commercial/made for the masses goal. The videos take that idea even further as does the promotion really, it feels like a project for us fans abouve anything else. I mean the tour is totally just for the fans the whole way of buying tickets and those top dolla prices in a threate none of it is designed for the masses.

She's being challenging and provoking I'm not saying she hasn't been that before but I think to some extent she has taken a different perspective considering the situation she is in which is simply at her time of life and career her chart days are over. The push has been on streaming this time and she has unleashed a 4 songs/videos in quick succession to give flavours of the album. 

i don't think she will ever have an era loved and be popular outside the fans anymore. I think Hard Candy was the last, MDNA at a push but with RH it just didn't resonate with the general public like we are used to experiencing. It's just a sign of the times but MX is the most interesting album any female artist has released thus far this year. It shows just how incredible she can be as an artist. I take your point people don't know about it and it's really good and that frustrates me as well, but unfortunately it's a sign of the times. 

4 hours ago, madgefan said:

Probably when she's dead. And the industry is going to ask Lady Gaga to do a full live tribute!

I will scream blue murder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On 7/14/2019 at 10:38 AM, Shaun said:

The tour is an enormous, integral part of the era. New looks, staging, set list changes, tour merch, daily reports/news/videos from fans, periscopes, traveling, filming rumors, concert film release, live album. All of that is still to come. Plus the Batuka video. What are you on about?

On 7/15/2019 at 8:44 AM, Kurt420 said:

Madonna promoted the album for 2 months straight. We have FIVE music videos at this point.........COME ON!

Let's say Madonna was focusing heavily on album promo instead of tour rehearsals....then come tour time when everything isn't 150% everyone will be like "she didn't rehearse enough". Give the woman a fucking break for once. My God.

I said this long before the album was ever released but these days, no matter what she does, it's NEVER *quite* good enough. ALWAYS needs to be something more. 

Bingo.  :clap::clap::clap:

While we would all love more (who wouldn't), and while I would have loved to see a few more live performances...I can see the overall approach she is taking with this project (and specifically this kind of album), and I think it's been pretty fantastic so far (at least from a fan perspective). As said above, times have changed, the industry has changed, and her approach at this stage of life and career is starting to have a focus that it lacked a bit in the last couple eras. Always room for improvement, but I've really enjoyed the rollout this time around, with something new to look forward to almost every other week.  I would love to see it go on for another month, but album cycles are short these days (even for many top artists)...and I think the internet has made us want more, more quickly.

And it's been clear for the last decade, or two (even), that M's main focus is the tour now. I've long accepted that. And considering that's where the bread and butter is for (essentially) a legacy artist that isn't going to get a fair shot on the charts any more, it makes perfect sense. We've talked about it many times here before, that we're going to have to change our approach/expectations/and more when it comes to her career at this stage.

I love this album ❤️  It’s such a great night time album listen on these hot humid nights  

That’s it.  Lol

4 hours ago, SheldonCooper said:

I love this album ❤️  It’s such a great night time album listen on these hot humid nights  

That’s it.  Lol

It’s settled into her back catalogue really nicely, as if it’s always been there.

I love how it has its own identity as well like all her other landmark albums. 

Still love this album so much and listening to it almost everyday - I have to give it breaks as don't want to overdo it

Definitely one of her best albums & her best since Confessions, no doubt. 

11 minutes ago, Monsieur X said:

Still love this album so much and listening to it almost everyday - I have to give it breaks as don't want to overdo it

Definitely one of her best albums & her best since Confessions, no doubt. 

I'm the same except 4 the COAD part... That album is not on my radar anymore... But I get it. 

I feel like it's still am album I need to set aside an hour for to listen to in its entirety. Much like Erotica; Madame X's sister. They need to be enjoyed in a full setting rather than the odd individual track.