Madame X album general discussion

On 7/9/2019 at 3:41 AM, impr3ssive_instant said:

All the visuals for this album have been amazing

Everything about Madame X has been beyond. She's delivered and then some. 

17 hours ago, Orangema said:

Madonna doesn’t make any come back with Madame X, she’s just arrived! Like a cool newcomer ! 

What a great interview. Thanks for sharing. Mirwais totally gets M, and vice-versa. Such a great partnership.

Can i just say this album will age magnificently you can just sense that. 

I took a week break from it and listened to it again it’s such a great piece of work. Bravo Madonna!👏

18 minutes ago, SheldonCooper said:

I took a week break from it and listened to it again it’s such a great piece of work. Bravo Madonna!👏

Completely agree with this, it really is a masterpiece 

30 minutes ago, SheldonCooper said:

Hi, I did it as well and was super excited when listening to the album again. It is really great. After one month I can say it belongs easily to my top 5  Madonna albums

Edited by Geiger83

So every time Madonna has a new album, I make my Mom listen to snippets of every song and rank them. :lmao:  Been doing this for years.

I just knew Looking For Mercy would be her favorite, and I was right.  But she also liked God Control and said Madonna should be very proud of that song.  She asked me questions about the EO lyrics, which she liked a lot.

One thing that made me happy was that she literally gasped aloud when Madonna sings “God knows what I am” on KWAP.  It was not her favorite song but she thought that vocal was gorgeous.

She did not care for Come Alive or Bitch I’m Loca, which I had predicted.

Just sharing this cute report of my Mom’s required listening session hahaha.

32 minutes ago, Shane said:

So every time Madonna has a new album, I make my Mom listen to snippets of every song and rank them. :lmao:  Been doing this for years.

I just knew Looking For Mercy would be her favorite, and I was right.  But she also liked God Control and said Madonna should be very proud of that song.  She asked me questions about the EO lyrics, which she liked a lot.

One thing that made me happy was that she literally gasped aloud when Madonna sings “God knows what I am” on KWAP.  It was not her favorite song but she thought that vocal was gorgeous.

Your mom has TASTE.

On 7/11/2019 at 10:10 AM, Flip The Switch said:

Mexico and Central America:

9F924B70-34DA-4903-B919-1E99FA0E4010.jpeg

I have not heard anything about which version would be commercialized in Argentina and Chile. It's disappointing because the album is going to be a month old already and no news about it in this part of the world. I wonder if Argentinian fans in this forum know something??

2 hours ago, madgefan said:

I have not heard anything about which version would be commercialized in Argentina and Chile. It's disappointing because the album is going to be a month old already and no news about it in this part of the world. I wonder if Argentinian fans in this forum know something??

Same version in Argentina (2 CD deluxe). It's been available in most record stores almost at the same time that the rest of the world.

4 hours ago, Shane said:

My mom was such a big M fan too... Madame X is the 1st album she won’t listen.

My prediction is that Future (I’m sure she would have love that trumpet as much as I do) and Crazy would have been her favorite... 😊

7 minutes ago, runa said:

My prediction is that Future (I’m sure she would have love that trumpet as much as I do) and Crazy would have been her favorite... 😊

Sounds like you had a great relationship with your mom! So deeply sorry she’s gone 😞

11 minutes ago, runa said:

I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope and believe she can still hear it and she's in some way enjoying it with you. Hugggsxxxx

4 hours ago, Shane said:

Thanks for sharing. She sounds so fun. 

53 minutes ago, Beastialg said:

Same version in Argentina (2 CD deluxe). It's been available in most record stores almost at the same time that the rest of the world.

Thanks for replying! Do you have any pictures??

1 hour ago, Beastialg said:

That's the one i bought but it's an import, i think @madgefan was asking about a version made in Argentina/ Chile...?

6 hours ago, madgefan said:

Thanks for replying! Do you have any pictures??

I didn't bought the CD version myself since I changed my car and several new models don't come with have a cd player (bought the Vinyl version and digital itunes to play on my iphone + spotify)

Still, here you have the link to the biggest book and music store in Argentina and the Madame X version they offer : http://www.tematika.com/cds/rp_internacional--1/rp_internacional--1/madame_x___deluxe_2cd--665753.htm

If a visit one this days I'll take a photo.

5 hours ago, Gus said:

That's the one i bought but it's an import, i think @madgefan was asking about a version made in Argentina/ Chile...?

He asked which version is being sold on Argentina music stores. And it's the 2 Deluxe version. And yes it's an import like in most latin american countries. Same thing happened with Rebel Heart.

Mom gets to hear Madonna because of me so she loved so far Medellín, Future (she signs the melody), God Control (she keeps saying wake up, wake up) and Bitch, I’m loca (bésame en la boca).

So at the end she liked some songs, with RH I only heard her signing LFL and BIM.

12 hours ago, Iconic Fetus said:

Mom gets to hear Madonna because of me so she loved so far Medellín, Future (she signs the melody), God Control (she keeps saying wake up, wake up) and Bitch, I’m loca (bésame en la boca).

So at the end she liked some songs, with RH I only heard her signing LFL and BIM.

My mom passed away about 12 years ago. She was not into music at all, let alone English pop music. She was more into politics and history. But she was aware of my obsession with Madonna. I think she tolerated it, yet never commented on the ever-present Madonna music in the background at home and in the car as she drove me to work. One day she surprised me. We were in the car and as usual I insisted on putting on Madonna. And then out of the blue she said , ' THIS SONG I LIKE, IT'S ACCURATE.'  I was baffled and yet also felt like I finally converted my mother. But then i noticed a smirk on her face. Madonna was singing, ' AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY'M SO STUPID.' 

2 hours ago, miki said:

My mom passed away about 12 years ago. She was not into music at all, let alone English pop music. She was more into politics and history. But she was aware of my obsession with Madonna. I think she tolerated it, yet never commented on the ever-present Madonna music in the background at home and in the car as she drove me to work. One day she surprised me. We were in the car and as usual I insisted on putting on Madonna. And then out of the blue she said , ' THIS SONG I LIKE, IT'S ACCURATE.'  I was baffled and yet also felt like I finally converted my mother. But then i noticed a smirk on her face. Madonna was singing, ' AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY'M SO STUPID.' 

Hahahaha! Your mom seemed to have a wicked sense of humor and refined sarcasm! Love it!! 🙂