Madame X album general discussion

2 hours ago, Martin B. said:

This.

More than ever, the nominations for those awards shows are a combination of advertising investment, popular success and industry appreciation. Madonna no longer has the industry and the GP on her side. It is therefore illusory to think that she will receive a mark of appreciation for these awards show that she did not receive in her glory days. As for VMAs, we are in 2019, this awards show is not important for a very long time and is aimed at an audience of 25 y.o. and under. It would have no positive promotional impact.

M said to Kanye don't go looking for awards. Beyonce, swift and slob have loads because they pay for them.

Madonna doesn't as she's not desperate. Her art is her reward.

12 minutes ago, jonski43 said:

M said to Kanye don't go looking for awards. Beyonce, swift and slob have loads because they pay for them.

Madonna doesn't as she's not desperate. Her art is her reward.

Guys let's not pretend Beyoncé is irrelevant or not deserving any award! 

12 minutes ago, samosamosamo said:

She deserves awards but tbh she and Jay owe a lot of what they do to Kanye and Madge and that's the tea...

56 minutes ago, samosamosamo said:

Bey is amazing. Bey also buys awards and hugely manipulates streaming figures in her attempt to show "impact" and "relevance"...let's not pretend. 

1 hour ago, samosamosamo said:

Oh yes, I don't mind Beyonce but as stated above she's being investigated for fake streams and she is known to have supposedly bought awards too. This is something Madonna has never done.

1 hour ago, jonski43 said:

Oh yes, I don't mind Beyonce but as stated above she's being investigated for fake streams and she is known to have supposedly bought awards too. This is something Madonna has never done.

But how can we know that? As much as I loved Madonna's Billboard Woman of the Year Award Speech I did feel it ackward she was even being considered in late 2016. I don't mean she didn't deserve it but it was you know, kinda random.

1 minute ago, madgefan said:

But how can we know that? As much as I loved Madonna's Billboard Woman of the Year Award Speech I did feel it ackward she was even being considered in late 2016. I don't mean she didn't deserve it but it was you know, kinda random.

It wasnt random... she was releasing RHT on Showtime that same week.  😉     

Yes it was odd though considering she didnt do anything but tour for the first 3 months of the year.

Just now, dcbyebyebaby said:

It wasnt random... she was releasing RHT on Showtime that same week.  😉     

Yes it was odd though considering she didnt do anything but tour for the first 3 months of the year.

Exactly my thoughts! And wasn't she facing harsh criticism for supporting Hillary at the time?

6 hours ago, lasky said:

Well, best female is now merged with best Male to become artist of the year.... hmmmm... I still wish they don't merge it.....

Never knew....haven't checked on MTV VMA for years. Why the hell would do they do that?!?!

3 minutes ago, madgefan said:

Exactly my thoughts! And wasn't she facing harsh criticism for supporting Hillary at the time?

Not sure about that but I always thought the Billboard Woman of the Year was her teams way of promoting without her having to perform. I dont see any problem with it either. She deserved it at least once in her career so its not a big deal. 

4 hours ago, idro said:

! MADAME X IS AN AWARD !

EXACTLY! The album speaks for itself, it's a brilliant piece unlike any other album out there, so few have even a SINGLE masterpiece, while M has created yet another 37 years into the game. 

20 hours ago, KalamazooJay said:

Madonna is not going to be nominated for a VMA or for Album Of The Year at the Grammys. Nor will she be performing at the VMA’s. And nor should anyone here want her to do so. The last thing she needs is Twitter blowing up at the slightest misstep or ‘offensive’ comment she makes if she dares to speak. 

Does she deserve an album of the year nomination with Madame X? I would say absolutely. Especially with the dire state of pop music right now. She dared to do something FAR different than anyone else out there and while she got favorable reviews, she still got her fair share of unnecessary eye rolls. ‘Ohhh Madonna’ is what critics seemed to say while praising the album. 

It’s fine. Erotica wasn’t nominated for a god damn thing and it’s all of a sudden become this early 90’s critical darling. Her work is easy to dismiss upon its release for some critics as self indulgent or scattered or clunky or not cohesive enough or any other phrases or words that are popular at the time. But it’s far more difficult to dismiss her albums as time goes on when people look back and realize that she wasn’t appreciated for putting herself on the line and taking risks that other pop stars don’t take. 

I suspect this era will be looked at as turing point in her career the same way Erotica was. An album that wasn’t mainstream but set the precedent of what it means to be a pop star at 60. 

👏 

great post!

On 7/3/2019 at 8:50 AM, samosamosamo said:

Beyoncé is deserving of the migraine giver of the century award.

26 minutes ago, HolidayGuy said:

I finally listened to the three bonus tracks from the Euro deluxe edition. They're OK, though they don't wow like some of the others. Some nice sounds, though.

Personally, I consider that they are perfectly in their place as bonus tracks. unlike MDNA and Rebel Heart where bonus tracks were sometimes better than some songs on the album, this is not the case here.

8 hours ago, Martin B. said:

Personally, I consider that they are perfectly in their place as bonus tracks. unlike MDNA and Rebel Heart where bonus tracks were sometimes better than some songs on the album, this is not the case here.

I agree.

On 7/3/2019 at 9:50 AM, samosamosamo said:

You can think Beyoncé is award-worthy all you want but I refuse to believe that her and Jay-Z deserve a GLAAD award. What the fuck was that about?!

15 hours ago, HolidayGuy said:

I finally listened to the three bonus tracks from the Euro deluxe edition. They're OK, though they don't wow like some of the others. Some nice sounds, though.

Ciao Bella is fantastic and Funana is great.  

On 7/4/2019 at 3:35 PM, Flip The Switch said:

So sad... But I kinda know the feeling, my father died few days before MDNA was released and my brother died right after Rebel Heart was released. That's why I am confused when I am listening to them: happy or sad?  

On 7/4/2019 at 8:35 AM, Flip The Switch said:

So sad..  I remember that week Rebel Heart was release, I end 10 years of relationship because I discovered my boyfriend cheating me, I lost my job, my house and my father die..  It was pretty dark times for me.. 

Those periscope transmission from the Rebel Heart tour save my life!  😭

17 minutes ago, Marcelox said:

So sad..  I remember that week Rebel Heart was release, I end 10 years of relationship because I discovered my boyfriend cheating me, I lost my job, my house and my father die..  It was pretty dark times for me.. 

Those periscope transmission from the Rebel Heart tour save my life!  😭

🙏❤️