Madame X: Your top 5

Medellín

God Control

Killers Who Are Partying

Come Alive

Extreme Occident

This was the hardest decision-making I've done in some time. I'm almost ashamed Dark Ballet isn't here. 🙂

I think I'm ready for an initial ranking. The bottom 3 kept changing with the first few listens, songs are still growing on me.

1. Crave

2. God Control

3. Looking for Mercy

4. I Rise

5. Crazy

On 6/26/2019 at 1:00 AM, Jazzy Jan said:

Going to cheat and pick my top 7

Looking for Mercy 

Medellin 

Extreme Occident 

Crazy 

Funana 

God Control 

Crave (  this song went from zero to hero for me ) 

:inlove: :inlove:  Love it so much - so simple but so beautiful....... 

God Control

Medellin

I Don't Search I Find

Dark Ballet

I Rise

This week

God Control

Medellin

Batuka

I Don’t Search I Find

Looking For Mercy

No way I'm ranking the Top 5, picking them was already hard enough. So, in no particular order:

God Control

Looking For Mercy

I Don't Search I Find

I Rise

Come Alive or Killers

...or Dark Ballet, and maybe Extreme Occident :laugh: Shit, can't decide!

3 minutes ago, Nonoka said:

No way I'm ranking the Top 5, picking them was already hard enough. So, in no particular order:

God Control

Looking For Mercy

I Don't Search I Find

I Rise

Come Alive or Killers

...or Dark Ballet, and maybe Extreme Occident :laugh: Shit, can't decide!

Yeaaay, NO "Crazy", I want to kiss you, :kiss2: :lol:

This is just impossible but I'll just go with my play count for now!

#1 Medellín

#2 God Control

#3 Crave 

#4 Future

#5 I Don't Search I Find

Special mentions to Faz Gostoso and Killers Who Are Partying, though!

Oh, madonnaman. 😁

It's tough to choose five, because it's a strong work, but as of right now, in tracklist order (though GC is my top overall):

G-d Control

Dark Ballet

Come Alive

Extreme Occident

Looking For Mercy

47 minutes ago, HolidayGuy said:

Oh, madonnaman. 😁

It's tough to choose five, because it's a strong work, but as of right now, in tracklist order (though GC is my top overall):

G-d Control

Dark Ballet

Come Alive

Extreme Occident

Looking For Mercy

Great choices, HolidayGuy X! Madonna would be so happy!

HolidayGuy X, thank you for all these years that you have contributed to the "chart" facts and predictions on this board.

Madonnaman X

1. Batuka 

Love the Baianas and candomblé beats. Love the lyrics. You really gotta try and get into a spiritual, trance type of dancing listening to this song to fully grasp the magic of it. 

2. Killers Who Are Partying

Love the Italian vibes and her singing in Italian. Beautiful! 

3. Come Alive

Please stop comparing it to body shop! Love the lyrics, the African instruments, the boys’ choir! Gives me chills. 

4. Extreme Occident

Love the lyrics, again, and production! Her voice is incredible! Love the Indian beats and her singing in Portuguese! 

5. Looking For Mercy 

I relate to this song 100%! But her voice is just the best she ever sounded! Great production and beautiful melody. 

—————————————————

After these obvious top 5 for me, I also really like: 

1. Medellín

chill, laid back, and upbeat at the same time. M’s voice is angelic! 

2. Future 

Really got into this song from first listen. Love the lyrics, reggae beats and the trumpets! M’s voice is trippy af! 

3. Crave

Beautiful vocals from both Madonna and Swae Lee. Beautiful melody. Beautiful production. 

4. Faz Gostoso

I Love Brazil, so hearing Madonna sing in Brazilian Portuguese is like a dream come true! This song takes me right back to Rio and I’m obsessed with the best! 

5. I Don’t Search I Find 

Classic M! Incredible vocals

—————————————————

Crazy and Bitch I’m Loca are fun songs to listen to, as in, I won’t skip them, but they’re not my favorite. 

I’m also not a fan of Dark Ballet because it’s not really a song in my opinion, more like an intro to some kind of theatrical skit. Not a fan of God Control either, just because I’m not really into 70s disco sound, also although I’m against guns, lyrically I don’t really relate to the song. I appreciate it tho and totally get why ppl love it. 

The only song I don’t like is “I Rise” and mainly it’s because of that obnoxious intro! I hate that dumb bitch. 

Overall, amazing album!

5 out of 5 rating from me! 

I can listen to it from the beginning to the end without skipping a song! Very consistent, global and diverse! 

13 hours ago, HolidayGuy said:

Oh, madonnaman. 😁

G-d Control

Dark Ballet

Come Alive

Extreme Occident

Looking For Mercy

I’m pretty sure you’re allowed to spell God as intended by Madonna in this case 😉 

5 minutes ago, HolidayGuy said:

😄 I know; just something that's stuck with me since my fifth-grade teacher in Brooklyn passed on that practice.

Haha that’s cool 

This keeps constantly changing for me, by the week. It really is such a great album--it gets better and better and the more listens allow the strong production value to be so evident. 

Today, on July 2nd (LOL):

5) I Don't Search I Find - Incredible song that just swings. Madonna sounds incredible and this reminds me of the Confessions-era. Love this song.

4) Killers Who Are Partying - Beautiful music. A chill, hypnotic song. Very cinema-esque, as-is most of the album.

3) Medellin - This one has grown even more on me this week. Love the remix, love the video. Incredible song and Maluma an added huge plus.

2) Come Alive - So damn catchy. Gets better each spin.

1) God Control - Just one of Madonna's all-time best songs. I hope she releases this as a single. Radio may not make it a hit, but it doesn't matter. It's a powerful, helluva masterpiece song, that will withstand time in 50 years. 

20 hours ago, Katypatra said:

1. Batuka 

Love the Baianas and candomblé beats. Love the lyrics. You really gotta try and get into a spiritual, trance type of dancing listening to this song to fully grasp the magic of it. 

2. Killers Who Are Partying

Love the Italian vibes and her singing in Italian. Beautiful! 

3. Come Alive

Please stop comparing it to body shop! Love the lyrics, the African instruments, the boys’ choir! Gives me chills. 

4. Extreme Occident

Love the lyrics, again, and production! Her voice is incredible! Love the Indian beats and her singing in Portuguese! 

5. Looking For Mercy 

I relate to this song 100%! But her voice is just the best she ever sounded! Great production and beautiful melody. 

—————————————————

After these obvious top 5 for me, I also really like: 

1. Medellín

chill, laid back, and upbeat at the same time. M’s voice is angelic! 

2. Future 

Really got into this song from first listen. Love the lyrics, reggae beats and the trumpets! M’s voice is trippy af! 

3. Crave

Beautiful vocals from both Madonna and Swae Lee. Beautiful melody. Beautiful production. 

4. Faz Gostoso

I Love Brazil, so hearing Madonna sing in Brazilian Portuguese is like a dream come true! This song takes me right back to Rio and I’m obsessed with the best! 

5. I Don’t Search I Find 

Classic M! Incredible vocals

—————————————————

Crazy and Bitch I’m Loca are fun songs to listen to, as in, I won’t skip them, but they’re not my favorite. 

I’m also not a fan of Dark Ballet because it’s not really a song in my opinion, more like an intro to some kind of theatrical skit. Not a fan of God Control either, just because I’m not really into 70s disco sound, also although I’m against guns, lyrically I don’t really relate to the song. I appreciate it tho and totally get why ppl love it. 

The only song I don’t like is “I Rise” and mainly it’s because of that obnoxious intro! I hate that dumb bitch. 

Overall, amazing album!

5 out of 5 rating from me! 

I can listen to it from the beginning to the end without skipping a song! Very consistent, global and diverse! 

Great list. I like it. ❌

Unfortunately Madonna doesn't sing in Italian on Madame X, although she says quite often "bella ciao". 🔥

4 hours ago, side_streets said:

Great list. I like it. ❌

Unfortunately Madonna doesn't sing in Italian on Madame X, although she says quite often "bella ciao". 🔥

Omg you’re right! That part in Killers is also in Portuguese! I thought it was in Italian since the languages are similar and some of the instruments used in the song sound Italian. 

14 minutes ago, Katypatra said:

Omg you’re right! That part in Killers is also in Portuguese! I thought it was in Italian since the languages are similar and some of the instruments used in the song sound Italian. 

You are right.

The words are similar, but IMO, Portuguese seems more difficult.

The pronunciation might give you a headache.

I am sure native speakers of both languages here can give us more insight. 🌞