Madonna on Jimmy Fallon

2 minutes ago, Ai Papi Si. said:

Why is that Obama story bad? Lol

I guess maybe I’m being overly dramatic, but they told this story last time she was on ... and I had a co-worker who told me he turned it off because she was “too much” — she was perhaps a little OTT on the flirtatious scale with the president, who is married. (Said co-worker likes Madonna but commented on how she was making inappropriate remarks about him since he is a married man.) So there’s that angle, too. But my beef with it is that it lays bare how desperately she wanted to meet him, she did the show just for that purpose, and Jimmy’s innocently relaying the bit about asking Obama if he wants to meet her ... but it just comes off as Obama not being impressed with meeting her, almost ambivalent or perhaps even reluctant. 

Many other stories out there show other luminaries being starstruck by a legend, and yet Jimmy paints this picture of a president who wants to shake hands and get out of the room. 

Maybe I’m just being negative or picky, but I feel like once was enough for the anecdote. Sorry if I sound hypersensitive or something. Just my read on it.

Love Love Love it. She looks amazing. The outfit is so beautiful and love the interview .

7 minutes ago, antoniotorres said:

It isn't! It just sounds as if President Obama wasn't star struck! That's all! People are inferring something sinister unjustly!

There were strong implications around the time of the controversial comments during the second night in DC on the MDNA Tour that Obama and his administration were not happy with Madonna and communicated as much to her. Clearly it didn’t cause Madonna’s affection/fondness for him to flag at all. I’m not implying anything SINISTER. I’m saying the story isn’t necessarily FLATTERING to Madonna, so I would have preferred they spent the very short time talking about something else, rather than repeating the same anecdote we heard when she gave Jimmy the facial (I think?).

It’s fine. It’s whatever. I shared how I felt. I liked her appearance. I was not applying sinister undertones to it, though. 

16 minutes ago, reQuiem4adream said:

That’s what GP (or non Madonna fans) like. 

Really? The charts and the streaming numbers could have fooled me. Alongside the reaction when she aired it for over 200 million people. 

Guest jamesshot

Look, I love Obama and Madonna. It is clear he was not all that impressed meeting her most likely due to that bizarre MDNA DC concert speech. It doesn't matter either way. They met and he likely had his mind changed a bit. If he doesn't like her, WTF cares. 

I wouldn't even make a big deal out of the Obama thing...he's that way with everyone. Has a very nonnonchalant, play-it-cool vibe. I don't think I've ever seen him star struck by anyone or anything. That's just his way.

Guest jamesshot

Well, Obama is known for his aloofness so there is always that. The haters will use it against Madonna but what else can they use against her? She is the apex. Of course, she will always be THE target being the apex. 

1 hour ago, vertigokane said:

This was everything that the Graham Norton interview should’ve been. She was easygoing, playful, and got to interact with the audience. 

It would have been if she didn’t have to share the spotlight with those loser clowns ..

I’m gonna stop dwelling, because I feel like I’m being a downer about an otherwise fun appearance ... but I’ll just say it is this story coupled with the other “snubs” for lack of a better word throughout the years... M was very supportive of him during both election cycles, and at the RHT stop in DC she spoke about him before LVER. It was clear she was feeling a little something about the fact that she invited him but he didn’t come. 

Many other celebrities got an invite to the White House during his eight years in office. Not M. (Her humanitarian work alone should have been able to get her in the door...)

That’s it, though. She wears her heart on her sleeve about him, and it just seems unrequited. Okay, I’m not losing sleep over it, but I just feel a little sad for M about it. I don’t really care one way or the other, except as it impacts Madonna. She doesn’t seem heartbroken, but for her to have to say, “He probably didn’t even know me” seems almost absurd.

She looked amazing and so relaxed. What a difference in comparison to the Graham Norton show. Loved it. 

Obama anecdote was cute, what’s the deal? 

The only thing is she’s NOT no1 in 60 countries. Probably she was on iTunes for a few hours? They should have been more accurate about that and run through each country. 🤣 like UK no2, Sweden no10 etc . 

My favourite outfit and look by now. She’s so sweet when she wants. 

The cha-cha dancing in the end was so great... and she looks absolutely flawless this era. I have no problem with eye-patch. I really like it, cause it’s part of this era. The grillz are a different thing but I got used to them.

Future sounds really cool, it has that echo of a dancehall and reggae vibe. But now we are associate it with Pride, that’s why it will be hated :lol: It’s clear that it’s one of her favourite songs from the album. The new Candy Shop for the next decade.

16 minutes ago, Monsieur X said:

It would have been if she didn’t have to share the spotlight with those loser clowns ..

That’s exactly why she was cold and distant. And I understand her. She never shared an interview with 3 other guests. 

Look at her on Fallon. Sweet and relaxed. 

19 minutes ago, Ai Papi Si. said:

Oh I totally forgot that ridiculous mdna comment. Lmao I don’t even think Obama remembers 

he probably just isn’t the type to go crazy over anyone. Michelle is more of the celebrity tbh

And Michelle calls Beyoncé “queen” so ... 

Not trying to get into stupid stan stuff, but it’s pretty clear there’s not any love there. Not being expressed as it is for others, anyway, so... Oh well. 

1 minute ago, peter said:

Not trying to get into stupid stan stuff, but it’s pretty clear there’s not any love there. Not being expressed as it is for others, anyway, so... Oh well. 

Madonna is like Prince at this point. An icon, but a subversive one. I don’t take any of it personally tbh

2 minutes ago, Nikki said:

the n1 in 60 countries thing is dangerous.. I hope this is just pr and that's not what her team says

I am pretty sure it’s PR, but I also think that she is surrounded by yes people who are not telling everything to her. 

3 minutes ago, peter said:

Well it seems they like safe/plain people. No shade but I would invite M to the White House over Beyoncé any day. It’s a clear choice.

28 minutes ago, Monsieur X said:

Which I found rather odd they didn’t have a solo interview spot for her since she’s had many in the past on Norton. 

1 minute ago, Ai Papi Si. said:

Madonna is like Prince at this point. An icon, but a subversive one. I don’t take any of it personally tbh

Right! I’m trying not to take it personally, even though clearly I must be a little bit, since I’ve posted so many comments about it. Ha! Oh well. Hopefully Madonna doesn’t take it personally either.

:kiss2:

6 minutes ago, zephyralexxx said:

I am pretty sure it’s PR, but I also think that she is surrounded by yes people who are not telling everything to her. 

I love it. It was technically true on ITunes and that’s all that matters. Spin it right.