Madonna on Jimmy Fallon

44 minutes ago, Mensch said:

Yeah sorry. Just letting you know what I’m being told 

And just like that the Pride setlist could also be different than we think...

thanks for all the info though!

17 minutes ago, FreeMySoul said:

wow not one single televised US promo performance

so disappointing 

Yep, none in the UK either. (Except Esc 🙄) just interviews. 

Is this how new music should be promoted? 

7 minutes ago, smirnoff_ice said:

Yep, none in the UK either. (Except Esc 🙄) just interviews. 

Is this how new music should be promoted? 

Bjork - Kate Bush ...incredible recording artists and less than zero whoring on TV 

well we should be - we want the album to get out there - plus RH had a lot so some had expectations and just want to see our qween.

maybe she will do it all next week the second week - i hope. that would be a good strategy.

1 minute ago, FreeMySoul said:

She’s not performing that’s the issue not the interview. It’s strange there isn’t 1 televised US performance other than the BBA. 

Maybe Eurovision was a turn off for her and she wants do it as little as possible (Pride) and then just do it for her show where she can control the variables and fans will be enthusiastic as always.

It does seem like she has been rehearsing A LOT since March, for just billboard, eurovision pride and for a tour that starts in September.

For RH she did so many amazing performances, various songs, changed choreo often and it all seemed pretty effortless. I dont forgot though the days of erotica and bed time story when it was rare for her to perform- but the medium has changed- radio and music videos sold the albums back then to GP

Guest jamesshot

Honestly, she can't afford a bad performance so maybe her voice was not up to par and she wisely canceled. 

I guess I’m not really surprised she isn’t performing. She just really seems to be doing her own thing this era and doesn’t seem to really give a fuck about any kind of proper promo. 

She probably saw how little the return on investment she had with all the promo she did for RH and thought why bother. 

Sad really. She still has a fan base that will happily watch anything she does and has a whole host of incredible new songs that don’t need a lot of bells and whistles to perform. 

Crave. I Rise. Killers Who Are Partying. Extreme Occident. Crazy. 

I do love her on Fallon tho. 

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks

So there isn't a performance?  I figured as much.  I knew she'd just do an interview and possibly do some silly skit with him. Oh well, it's better than nothing. 

And I agree, she did a load of performances for REBEL HEART and that didn't really help her.  She can't win for losing. Though, I'd think "Crave" would have been a good song to perform on a few U.S. shows. 

Honestly sometimes I wish she just went the visual album route, did no promo, and just went on tour. We'd be living off the fumes of a MADONNA VISUAL ALBUM for god knows how long, and the tour would be the most exciting thing for us since 2012. We wouldn't be having these ludicrous conversations. 

What televised  RH performance aired during release week in the USA? (not recalling) The Ellen show was the week after.

ashtangi74- a hit? At age 60? The adult-oriented charts is where she will score them, if at all- and she's doing so, with "Crave."

I wouldn't be surprised if the overly-but-unsurprisingly-dramatic reaction to Eurovision put her off to live performances for the time being.

4 minutes ago, HolidayGuy said:

What televised  RH performance aired during release week in the USA? (not recalling) The Ellen show was the week after.

ashtangi74- a hit? At age 60? The adult-oriented charts is where she will score them, if at all- and she's doing so, with "Crave."

I wouldn't be surprised if the overly-but-unsurprisingly-dramatic reaction to Eurovision put her off to live performances for the time being.

I think they thought that Eurovision would sell the album worldwide and the bundles would sell it in the US. Since Eurovision didnt go as planned they had to scramble to find shows to go on. Which meant no time for performance as the shows had been booked.  

7 minutes ago, Ai Papi Si. said:

Honestly sometimes I wish she just went the visual album route, did no promo, and just went on tour. We'd be living off the fumes of a MADONNA VISUAL ALBUM for god knows how long, and the tour would be the most exciting thing for us since 2012. We wouldn't be having these ludicrous conversations. 

I've said this even before the album got released.. but I think she should've done a deal with Netflix (or youtube) and shown a doc making the album, including the living room sessions and maybe M doing a few songs acoustically (with the local musicians). maybe even do a few private little shows, film them, and just pick the best one to show to the masses.. so she has the control and chooses what everyone sees. it would be perfect..

Just now, Nikki said:

I've said this even before the album got released.. but I think she should've done a deal with Netflix (or youtube) and shown a doc making the album, including the living room sessions and maybe M doing a few songs acoustically (with the local musicians). maybe even do a few private little shows, film them, and just pick the best one to show to the masses.. so she has the control and chooses what everyone sees. it would be perfect..

This part of her career I blame on Madonna's management. Madonna is an artist, leader, and a creator, she is not a day-to-day manager. She's got too much on her plate, so she trusts that her management is doing well by her. But nope! They manage her like she's Bebe Rexha or something. She's the biggest female pop star in history. Her catalogue (and current album) is a sophisticated one, SO ACT LIKE IT. I don't know why she's going on stupid shows like Grahama Norton or Fallon in the first place (let's be real, Fallon is kind of a phony). I can't even remember the last time that Beyonce did an interview or that dreadful Toilet Swift did one either, and their careers are better off for it (Well, Taylor is starting to flag, but that's because she's just really crap and ppl are realizing it). 

Madonna doesn't need visibility, she just needs to create. Imagine if she released a big visual manifesto for Madame X and did nothing thereafter except tour. It would be such a breath of fresh air. 

1 hour ago, idro said:

Bjork - Kate Bush ...incredible recording artists and less than zero whoring on TV 

Completely different category, either of those two cannot be compared to Madonna.