Starrah talks about writing for Madonna

Starrah photographed on June 3, 2019 in West Hollywood, Calif. 

How Starrah Went From Working Retail to Writing For Madonna

Recently Starrah -- who’s published by Pulse Music/People Over Planes -- started working closely with Madonna, who came to her with multiple song ideas that turned into half a dozen tracks on her new album, Madame X. The pair sorted through the fragments, singing different melodies until they hit on the ones that felt right. For a writer who had spent years toiling behind the scenes, it was the ultimate “I made it” moment. But Starrah says that even in the presence of the queen of pop, her fly-on-the-wall approach is the same. “I just listen to who [artists] are as people,” she says. “The most I can do is get inside their minds and see what they’re thinking.”

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop/8515687/starrah-billboard-cover-story-2019

15 hours ago, rocknrolla said:

I'm so glad they worked together!!  I was expecting a disaster when she tweeted about the writing camps last summer.

Future, Crave, Crazy, I Rise, Come Alive

love her work in: looking for mercy, crave, crazy, come alive

Starrah and Madonna worked out just fine. I was worried about a Rebel Heart sitch (the awkwardness of very palpable writer camp vibe in that album DRIVES ME NUTS) cuz lets face it, Starrah is kinda writing camp territory. But they seemed to have hit it off thank god. 

The songs they did are some of my favorites on the album. I think she's the one writer M really connected with out of the new school, in the way Avicii was clearly the singular one last time. Something in those sessions together clicked, and those songs really show it.

5 hours ago, Alain Delon said:

And Back That Up To The Beat!

Not a fan of this reworked piece, future, and I rise. 🙂 But overall, starrah's contribution to MX is stellar.