Madonna - World of Madame X (Documentary on Amazon Prime)

What a great documentary, it’s a unique way to explain the album’s creative process. Wish it was longer.

I loved this mini-doc. Like everyone else, I wish it was longer. I’ve always enjoyed “behind the music” type things, where we get to hear about what inspired the songs. 

i finally saw this. a fan posted it on youtube yesterday and it already has 50K views. i don't know why they didn't promote this more or at least post it on her own youtube account. i agree that it could have been longer but it's a great little promotional video that would help people understand the album better - if only they could see it.

What is the point of this being an Amazon Prime exclusive if it’s not going to be promoted by either party? :blink: Not even one social media post about it! If Madonna Inc. went through the trouble of filming and editing it and striking a deal for it to be an exclusive on Amazon Prime, you’d think they would want people to actually watch it. They can’t even be bothered to make one IG post or IG story about it! :manson: Something as super simple as that would start getting the word out about it. It would take less than 30 seconds just to do that.

30 minutes ago, I Don’t Search I Find said:

What is the point of this being an Amazon Prime exclusive if it’s not going to be promoted by either party? :blink: Not even one social media post about it! If Madonna Inc. went through the trouble of filming and editing it and striking a deal for it to be an exclusive on Amazon Prime, you’d think they would want people to actually watch it. They can’t even be bothered to make one IG post or IG story about it! :manson: Something as super simple as that would start getting the word out about it. It would take less than 30 seconds just to do that.

the fact that m herself didn't mention it on instagram is very strange. even nuno hasn't mentioned it. maybe there's a reason? should we ask him?

Agreed @I Don’t Search I Find and @smirnoff_ice ... This is a real head scratcher. Something seems really strange about that to me ... like there’s more to the story somehow.

I keep wondering every now and then what the “surprise” is that has been rumored a couple times. How M herself told people “it’s just the beginning” when there was some negative feedback about the limited nature of the MX theatre tour ... just makes me wonder. This lovely doc feels short — yet also too long to just be a teaser for a full-length feature. So I don’t know. Quite bewildering.

it´s weird, yes...and about the doc., isn´t it wonderful to see madonna having fun???

I understand she wants to make some voices sound robotic, but I wish she would left some voices untouched, especilly in batuka

2 minutes ago, bardo said:

the fact that m herself didn't mention it on instagram is very strange. even nuno hasn't mentioned it. maybe there's a reason? should we ask him?

Yes, very strange indeed. Maybe Nuno would answer! He was on here when that unfortunate leak happened with the unfinished Crave video...

M did make reference to it in different interviews, so it seems even more mysterious/curious that she wouldn’t be mentioning it now when it’s “out there” for fans (not only media as an exclusive access thing)

On 7/1/2019 at 9:44 PM, zizibello said:

Tnk you what a beautiful journey , gotta LOVE our girl , can t wait to experience her vision live

Edited by idro

It's fabulous. Seeing her in those settings, surrounded by musicians, really adds to the depth of the album for me. She's in a great place creatively and it shows. Seeing her do Batuka with the ladies is wonderful and whilst I actually enjoy the robotic element of the album it made me excited to hear her raw voice which still sounds great in that moment. I enjoy her being surrounded by musicians and even riffing off some of her oldies in that setting which makes me excited for Madame X live. If she spends the whole time onstage making music like that I will be a happy boy!

This was sooooo much fun to watch, I just watched it too. 

OMG I can't believe how I felt like it was only 3 minutes - it went by soooo fast. I love the way she described "crazy"

5 hours ago, jonur said:

This was sooooo much fun to watch, I just watched it too. 

OMG I can't believe how I felt like it was only 3 minutes - it went by soooo fast. I love the way she described "crazy"

I loved the "crazy" part! and hearing it tied with Accordiondonna imagery is a delight 😻

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks

Is it me or does the minute and two minute teaser clip she posted on social media yesterday has some footage that isn't in the documentary? 

https://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/2019/07/07/madonna-world-of-madame-x-review-an-education/

Madonna – World of Madame X Review: An education

Madonna’s travels lead her to a new album. 

By Regina Chavez Muir on July 7, 2019

madonna.jpg?w=1280

Amazon’s Madonna – World of Madame X gives a brief, but intimate glimpse into Madonna’s creative process as she works to put together her fourteenth studio album Madame X.  Released by Interscope Records, Madame X showcases songs heavily influenced by her time in Lisbon, Portugal. Nuno Xico’s 2019 documentary short features Madonna immersing herself in the musical culture, language, and history of Portugal. 

Mixing history and contemporary issues, Madonna seeks to learn about the music of various cultures. Xico’s direction is thought-provoking as most of the scenes with Madonna are shot in black and white while the music and featured collaborators are done in color. This is an interesting choice and supports Madonna’s intention to provide a platform for the world music she is showcasing. She says that she doesn’t set out to appropriate cultures, but rather pay homage to these influences and expose their music to a wider audience. 

madonna-2.jpg?w=1200

Madonna explores themes of intimacy and connection in the digital world and remarks on the falsehoods of online personas. This documentary invites the audience into Madonna’s intimate thoughts in a way that is far different from than the 1991 Truth or Dare. Madonna delves into human rights and the celebration of the individual. On this journey, she not only learns the history of musical genres that derive from other cultures, but learns Portuguese, Brazilian-Portuguese, and Spanish. 

Madonna confesses that her travels were in part a way to discover her identity. This is depicted in the persona of Madame X, a name given to her by a dance teacher who deemed her mysterious because her various looks and what those looks meant to her. Fans of Madonna can relate to this aspect as they have seen her in everything from  flapper inspired looks to conical bras throughout the years. Madonna is mainly brunette throughout the documentary, but changes her look with the different songs on the album. Fans can also hear some Portuguese inspired versions of hits like “Human Nature” and “Like a Virgin” interspersed throughout the film.  

madonna-madame-x-cover.jpg?w=1000

Madonna collaborates with many artists. One story that stands out in particular is her encounter with the Batukadeiras. Batukadeiras are female musicians who chant and sing in a drum circle. Madonna expresses that she felt the strength of female empowerment emanating from them and collaborated with them on the song “Batuka.” In addition to the influences felt by the Batukadeiras, Madonna incorporates other Portuguese influences like fado and morna, songs that evoke feelings of sadness, but also joy. Madonna also shares the historical origin of the krakeb, a percussive instrument used in North African music. 

All in all, Xico’s Madonna – World of Madame Xgives an in depth look at Madonna’s creativity and allows her to explain her influences and goals. Madonna not only seeks to share the stories and music she’s learned, but she also strives to incorporate political messages. The documentary uses shots of various protests such as Black Lives Matter, marches for Trans Rights, and the Women’s March. It also shows why Madonna remains successful. She gives voice to younger performers such as Diplo and Anitta, and she is passionate about using her voice to speak out on global issues her audiences care about.

MADONNA - WORLD OF MADAME X

IS IT GOOD?

Madonna travels and makes new friends in her quest to produce a new album. 

+Madonna teaches the audience about various musical genres found around the world.

+interesting lighting and musical choices

-It would be nice if some of Madonna's collaborators shared some of their stories.

Rating: 8/10, GOOD

Can someone share (here or  in pvt if it's forbidden) an Hd rip of the docu for those who are in country where it's not released? I know there's something on you tube but i would like to enjoy the experience in full hd as other fans can do.