Madonna - World of Madame X (Documentary on Amazon Prime)

33 minutes ago, dubtronic said:

I'm not sure we can share here links of stuff that can be officially streamed.

I’d love a documentary for the new tour. And i dont mean something quickly edited, I mean a real doc like TOD and IGTTYAS. While this was a nice glimpse, it still felt like a long trailer. I’d love a lengthy raw documentary again. 

Having watched the whole thing, I thought to myself:

"Again, proven: Madonnna is too amazing for the current pop world where everyone is so deeply beneath her. I understand even better now why she gets so much hatred from mediocre people across all age groups."

My favorite parts of the docco: "Come Alive" and "Batuka". I want to see more of this side of Madonna - a true lover of music. I say this again: It's very, very intriguing to see what would be the next path of her musical direction. If M15 is set to display the same or similar level of defiance, Madonna will be more than a "legend". 

Just watched the documentary and like some of you have said, i wish it was longer. 20 minutes passed by in a blink of an eye.. As I was watching, it strucked me how lucky I am to be able to follow this amazing woman until now. M is the league of her own. She's impeccable. 

My favorite part is near the end when M sang Crazy with Dino. Aww... My heart melted. ♥️♥️♥️ 

15 hours ago, V.K said:

This is not so easy to access , hope someone puts a high quality torrent up soon , love this stuff

I wish she talked about EVERY song though, including "Funana" and "Ciao Bella" 

And can I declare that nobody in this world says the word "record" [RARE-KURT] better than MADONNA :rotfl::inlove:

"I decided to call my record MADAME X..." - Madonna, 2019 

^^ the official statement that launched an era :drama:

Guest CzarnaWisnia

Loved it. Sometimes in interviews I have the feeling she thinks people find it boring when she talks about how the music came together, but to me it's the most interesting thing she can talk about. I wish she talked more often and at length about her process (it's often journalists who are not allowing her to do so, as they are more interested in pointless, frivolous things, and have a very narrow view of life and art). M has a lot to say about the creative process, and I loved her approach to art as common property, so to speak. She doesn't only take from here and there, but invests herself and literally soaks up in vivo the heart of cultural practices she comes into contact with. I know a lot of people here hate C. Paglia, but both women also share the same sentiment: she said "art belongs to everyone". That's exactly right.

edit: Re the images above: this film/era is a pot of gold.

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks
21 minutes ago, CzarnaWisnia said:

Loved it. Sometimes in interviews I have the feeling she thinks people find it boring when she talks about how the music came together, but to me it's the most interesting thing she can talk about. I wish she talked more often and at length about her process (it's often journalists who are not allowing her to do so, as they are more interested in pointless, frivolous things, and have a very narrow view of life and art). M has a lot to say about the creative process, and I loved her approach to art as common property, so to speak. She doesn't only take from here and there, but invests herself and literally soaks up in vivo the heart of cultural practices she comes into contact with. I know a lot of people here hate C. Paglia, but both women also share the same sentiment: she said "art belongs to everyone". That's exactly right.

I so agree. I love hearing about the "process" and "music making".  

4 hours ago, Crystal Coffin said:

"I decided to call my record MADAME X..." - Madonna, 2019

I keep saying that sentence on a daily basis to my imaginary friends on the table, it’s so powerful, iconic, I love it.

Madame X is a secret agent, a head of state, a housekepah.

4 hours ago, Crystal Coffin said:

I wish she talked about EVERY song though, including "Funana" and "Ciao Bella" 

Finally caught it on YT , couldn't wait for that hi - res torrent to turn up . Yeah , they could have easily strech it  out more  , it's for the fans anyway and the fans love to hear about the work .

2 hours ago, luluthecat said:

So had this still not been officially announced?!! It’s amazing, why isn’t it everywhere? 

It's on Youtube now. 😉

4 hours ago, CzarnaWisnia said:

Couldn't agree more. It's a pleasure listening to her elaborate on the creative process. I wish we had more of these moments

Why do we think she needed to drink “a little more wine” when it came to anitta? I wasn’t clear on what she meant by that and the interspersed images of Anitta’s bare arse and titty-tassel-covered-areolas has me curious. 

1 minute ago, strictmachine said:

Why do we think she needed to drink “a little more wine” when it came to anitta? I wasn’t clear on what she meant by that and the interspersed images of Anitta’s bare arse and titty-tassel-covered-areolas has me curious. 

Because Portuguese is hard for her and with Anitta it meant Brazilian Portuguese which is different to the one she was used to in Lisbon.

Just watched the documentary. So beautiful... There are 2 moments where it's really heartbreaking: the Batuka one with M kissing the batukaderas and the other one the scenes with M from Africa when she dances with the africans, shakes their hands, you can really feel that sentiment that she hasn't forgotten from where she started in the beginning, the poverty, she really understands that she is so powerful, has a lot of money and she is very lucky, but in the same time she feels she needs to help the others as long as she lives.