"Ciao Bella" Thread

OMG, the third housey song on the album other than God Control and I Don't Search I Find. It reminds me of Issac and Shanti/Ashantgi but with a more house beat!

17 minutes ago, medellin said:

It's like a trippy, house song. Love it. She does this sound so well.

god control, i don't search i find, and now ciao bella prove she can do another dance album without it being a retread of confessions. 

35 minutes ago, Shaun said:

Is this a bilingual song? Can anyone post the lyrics? The descriptions sound amazing!

Yes except there is a male vocalist who sings in an African (?) language.

Musically, Ciao Bella is like a sad counterpart to I Don't Search I Find. Overall, it's very atmospheric and has a pensive mood.

Have you ever been to the land where you can find yourself?

Have you ever been to a place where you can rest yourself?

All the noise just disappears

Rain will wash away the sadness

All our lives we work in vain for a little touch of grace

Edited by medellin

In love with it!

EBTG meets Enigma, both of them fucked Neneh Cherry and they all came together. Then Madonna raised them and taught them everything they know.

That's Ciao Bella!

I actually already noticed Enigma influence by the end of God Control, at 4:44 when Madonna yells out “under democracy” very Sandra Cretu, followed by the whispers, with very Enigma pads in the background. 

1 hour ago, stijn said:

Who's the male voice?

is it Youssou N'Dour?

And D’Santiago brought together Madonna and Kimi Djabate, an Afrobeat musician from another former Portuguese colony, Guinea-Bissau. He recorded a bonus song for her album titled Ciao Bella.

Source:

https://www.scmp.com/lifestyle/entertainment/article/3013327/how-madonnas-new-album-madame-x-was-inspired-small-lisbon

1 hour ago, DanM said:

I don't like the male voice 😞 it feels more like a feat. Madonna song.

Yeah I agree. I think he's a bit too prominent and dominates the song overall that she comes across as a feat rather than the main performer. It's not a bad track but the weakest for me so far. Her parts and the music itself are great but I can see why it was a bonus track.

7/10

Me no likey, how they were able to fit literally nothing interesting in over 5mins is beyond me, especially with a title such as Ciao Bella!