"Funana" Thread

18 minutes ago, Crystal Coffin said:

She probably wrote this song while eating 

She has a steel for stomach then. Imagine writing a paean or dirge for idols and contemporaries while enjoying her macrobiotic meal. -_~

2 minutes ago, Crystal Coffin said:

:chuckle: But the drums, they are cool! :wow:

Haha. Her full stomach agrees.

Well, it is a lovely song but thankfully it is only on the super deluxe CD. It is for me the weakest track together with Bitch I'm loca

I think this is a very catchy song, definitely a grower. I love how it sounds like an African tribal chant and builds up driven by a kind of primordial force. The drums are everything and it goes very well together with Future on the deluxe edition. This is not my type of music in general, so it’s a great example of how the queen is educating me. 😜

I love it. Could do without the auto tune that turns up throughout but think it is very sweet, sentimental and heart felt. Has a lovely vibe and is melodic. Love that she mentions Avicci too - Mark of respect for a sweet, sensitive soul who made great music with her. 

15 hours ago, Bill said:

God how I adore this song!!’

What does she mean by “no Funana”?

She's saying "now funana"... Funana is a type of dance commonly associated with the accordion if I'm not mistaken.

Okay, I really DID NOT care for this song at first, and it didn't bother because, it's a bonus track on a separate disc, away from the main album, but, upon third listen, I quite enjoy it now, it's got a great beat in the middle, and the fluttering "let's go DANCINGNGNGNGNGNGINGING" is an ear worm.

23 hours ago, Bill said:

God how I adore this song!!’

What does she mean by “no Funana”?

I love it too. Has that mixture of fun and sentimental sadness that Madonna does so perfectly.  

25 minutes ago, Crystal Coffin said:

Liking this song more and more 

:thumbsup:  Love the combination of breezy happy vibe and sentimental melancholy. Like a soft Summer breeze. The way she sings " Avicci" is such a gentle mark of respect to him and very touching.  Also how she used Prince's full name. Always felt her extreme sadness of losing Prince who she adored so much as a peer and performer.  This song really moves me in a way I was not expecting. 

2 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

:thumbsup:  Love the combination of breezy happy vibe and sentimental melancholy. Like a soft Summer breeze. The way she sings " Avicci" is such a gentle mark of respect to him and very touching.  Also how she used Prince's full name. Always felt her extreme sadness of losing Prince who she adored so much as a peer and performer.  This song really moves me in a way I was not expecting. 

I agree Prince’s death hit her hard. Something about losing all her biggest peers in less than a 10 year period must have shook her.

i love how she shouted out for Whitney as well. Wasn’t expecting that at all.

i can see why this wasn’t on the album-it doesn’t really fit the tone, but it’s a great track that has such a sweet tone to it.

I have the box set preordered on Amazon. Release date is friday 6/21. Hopefully then I'll get to give the 3 bonus tracks a decent listening. they should be made to stream on spottily or Amazon. The whole album rollout is a mess. 

Should be on the album instead of an extra, brilliant fun and sad song at the same time . Pure paradox . Replace I rise or biloca with  Funana and the album would be just perfect 

On 6/18/2019 at 10:01 PM, reQuiem4adream said:

Where can I listed to or buy this version of Madame x?

You’ll hear it if you buy the album on cd .