"Funana" Thread

Erk, namedropping people like Bowie and Prince in one breath and Avicii and Mac Miller in another sounds a bit cringe...I mean, god rest all their souls but some of these things are not like the others. 

1 minute ago, strictmachine said:

Erk, namedropping people like Bowie and Prince in one breath and Avicii and Mac Miller in another sounds a bit cringe...I mean, god rest all their souls but some of these things are not like the others. 

Well Madonna is 'woke' so anything goes lyrically 😉

6 minutes ago, strictmachine said:

Which is the beauty of all artists! Some are lauded, some are hated, some deemed talentless, some worshipped, some enjoy longevity, some fade into oblivion. But their expression lives on for their fans.

3 minutes ago, Shaun said:

Which is the beauty of all artists! Some are lauded, some are hated, some deemed talentless, some worshipped, some enjoy longevity, some fade into oblivion. But their expression lives on for their fans.

That’s certainly one interpretation...

17 minutes ago, Shaun said:

You're so sweet 😁 It made me reconsider the whole name-dropping bit...

11 hours ago, rayofgod said:

I love this one. 

Pretty sure this is from the clip we heard ages ago

Ironically, I think the clip sounds better (production wise)

Its a nice song but i prefer this demp sp much more

I've been going back and forth between this and Ciao Bella all day as I haven't listened to the main album. I've grown to adore this more than I did last night. Lyrically it's oh so on the nose, but I think it works here. 

It really is such a sad song, especially since I keep arcing back to her saying she has survivors guilt having witnessed a lot of her peers and friends dying and she's still here. Her ending the song by stating Prince's full name really drove home this for me. 

Anyways, I'm terrible at putting my thoughts into words, but this song really is pretty good, in my opinion. Mirwais production really sets the tone to evoke emotion.

Didn't like the new version of Back That Up and now this song. thankfully these two are just bonus tracks. so weak. 

the only thing I liked was the use of the autotune. hope Ciao Bella is better than these two

"funani" is the most commercial madonna - mirwais MX combo. it's this era's "love profusion." 

ranged , however, against the other overtly experimental, quirky collaborations the track sticks out like a sore thumb. nonetheless a thumb that one can happily suck on for days.

i'm fine with the name-checking, especially the inclusion of the two departed divas. although the most obvious omission of all will not sit well with his fans.