An Audience with Madonna (Alexandra Palace)

I understand @Stranger it must be really hard, but like you said you have tickets for 3 shows, so you will enjoy M in all of her live performance glory three times. Some fans this era will not have the chance to see Madonna on tour due to tour locations and logistics involved with that. Let's enjoy the positive. The album is officially out in 12 minutes to be fully officially devoured, in a manner of speaking - don't be disheartened by Ally Pally. I pointed out the empty seats purely out of shock really, because I know of some members here who were gutted that they did not receive a confirmation email for tickets. Take it easy, and have fun blasting Madame X. Cannot wait to play it.

Can not wait for the one in NY!!! Intimate iHeartRadio Event in NYC next week...

The event will happen June 20 at 9:00 p.m. ET. During the playback of songs from the new album, Madonna will talk about the making of the record and more in a conversation hosted by radio personalities Paul “Cubby” Bryant and Christine Nagy.

Fans will also be able to stream it via LiveXLive on June 21 at 6:30 p.m. local time.

https://www.livexlive.com/live-events/festival/iheartradio-icons-madonna

https://www.livexlive.com/

It was everything. There was one static camera so not sure what she was filming for. She signed bodies she got fans up on stage, she was out of this world! 

28 minutes ago, headonfire said:

Tell us everything! 

I have to get my coach in three hours. I shall report tomorrow. XXX 

3 minutes ago, Nikki said:

is there an embargo on this thing? we're 12 hours later.. 🙄

I know😝😝😝

Where are the members who attended??

Trying to summarise things I can remember. I’m tired so won’t remember everything 

the vast majority of what she talked about was from audience questions. She was in a great mood, thoughtful and playful and very funny

She said she asked a theatre in Italy to bring the Madame X tour there but they said they only allow Classical music there and they said no to her.  

She had an audience member come up on stage and taught him how to do the butterfly dance from the Medellin video/performance. 

She wouldn’t give anything away about the tour really, except that she wouldn’t be performing Give It 2 Me. 

She did say though that it wouldn’t be ‘madonna unplugged’ and that it would be very ‘plugged’. She said there’d be singing and dancing and talking with the audience like last night.

She signed some peoples’ tattoos. 

She talked a lot about what she found inspiring in Lisbon. She said she found it beautiful but that she did feel lonely there which was something which she found drove her musically. 

Someone asked for a hug and she said ‘I don’t own any hogs so no’ 

she said that if she became president she’d ban guns for the first thing she would do. 

She said that the most important thing she’s taught her children is that they should treat all human beings with dignity and respect. 

She sang a few lines of Miles Away when there was a question from an audience member far back. 

She said that the thing we should take away from the album was that we should ‘wake up’. Graham asked what we do when we do wake up ... I can’t remember what she said next acrually lol. 

She seemed genuinely happy to be engaging with audience members which was so great. 

When we wake up she told us to make the best of our lives, take care of each other and the world around us.

i was really touched when she spoke about Malawi and her work there. When she discussed improving and opening new schools she added that girls needed education which got a big cheer from the crowd.

at one point some idiot shouted “get your tits out” to which she quipped “I did that already”!

she sounded disgusted about the idea of the unplugged suggestion. She retorted about being very much plugged!

such a great experience and one I won’t ever forget.

1 hour ago, Disintegration said:

She did say though that it wouldn’t be ‘madonna unplugged’ and that it would be very ‘plugged’. She said there’d be singing and dancing and talking with the audience like last night.

YYYESSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

The people that were there - you are so LUCKY and am so jealous  !

I need this youtube or something pleasssseeeeee !

This whole era has been INSANE and am all here for more insanity !

^omg they stole me post 😅

I’ve got a feeling she’ll do more stuff like this in the future. She seemed to really enjoy it, and there’s already another competition for a soundcheck at London Palladium. Think I saw there’s a New York equivalent to this London q and a as well. 

Thanks for sharing the info.

Seeing the pictures of the display boards and merchandise stall etc. looks like they made a lot of effort for the event too.

From everything I read so far, seems the one thing that everyone has said is that she was very relaxed and in a friendly talkative mood. 

As for the empty seats, can we find out who didn't turn up and burn them on the stake.

4 hours ago, Nikki said:

is there an embargo on this thing? we're 12 hours later.. 🙄

My god we were fucking SLEEPING. Living in the moment in AWE not thinking about anything else. 

She was in great form. Witty, relaxed, engaged with the audience, we were allowed photos at the beginning and she signed autographs at the end.

You could tell she was tired by the end and. She really thought about her answers and sometimes digressed. 

She looks flawless, much better than on camera. She's stunning, elegant, and has a huge ass. She takes about Malawi, her record, what she would do if she was president. 

She spoke about being lonely in Lisbon. What was was so special about it was her aura, yes she has a huge energy and she's slightly intimidating, but she also made you feel right at home. A night I will never forget. And the drinks were cheap! 

There were only a handful of empty seats that I saw?! 

Was an amazing experience and was pleasantly surprised at how relaxed and easy going she was. She signed a fans foot and told him his feet stank and were too hairy 😂😂😂

One fan was going on a bit and she said ‘you can sit down now’ 

she is so sassy in a non offensive way- just a total bad bitch and I love her even more after last night.

Oh another funny moment- graham said the album was her baby and she opened her legs and said she was currently in labour and something about the baby’s head being in position.

One fan mistakenly said she went to musical theatre with Martha graham and she was like ermmm no, bless him he was so nervous and kept swearing and she told him to calm down and stop swearing- I would have died on the spot.

Some of the the fans were so weird tho, the random guy who shouted get your tits out was so crude to hear and the guy I was next to was a complete mess and was shouting out he wanted her to give him free sex?! And then started shouting she was charging too much for her concerts. A woman aswell, rough as a badgers arse and downing pints of larger screaming pitch of her lungs and trying to engage in conversation with Madonna shouting shit replies back to her whenever she asked a rhetorical question- she was beyond a mess!!

Graham had to say at one point that the crowd needed to calm down as it was becoming a bit of a mob.