iHeartRadio Icons Madonna Interview

15 minutes ago, Genevieve Vavance said:

@karbatal madonna loves Rosalia!! :wow: 

I was watching Rosalia last Saturday last weekend at the festival O son do Camiño (Spain).  I have also seen Black eye peas, David Guetta, Iggy Pop ..

Just now, rebelgirl said:

I was watching Rosalia last Saturday last weekend at the festival O son do Camiño (Spain).  I have also seen Black eye peas, David Guetta, Iggy Pop ..

cool!! 😄 

I have to check her out now

17 hours ago, headonfire said:

She just said that 2 of her favourite songs on the record are God Control and Extreme Occident! 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌 Extreme Occident is a very personal song for her! I loved the way she explained it.

I wonder if Extreme Occident and Looking For Mercy were too personal and intimate, so they were only put on the Deluxe where the most dedicated fans would hear to it instead of the general public. That's the only way I can wrap my brain around omitted these gems from the regular edition.

Just now, Nikki said:

still waiting for BeatsOne to give us the FULL MADONNA INTERVIEW. what's taking them so long?

Maybe they’re waiting for that “Madonna Lab” event thing to happen. I’ve been very confused by the timing of that — we heard about it earlier, I guess when Apple held that conference for developers? But it wasn’t “everywhere” you know? I only found links to it through reading this forum. But M has finally posted something (not behind the scenes, but actual announcement-type of post) and I thought the dates were this week, maybe?

It’s the “remix Crave using an iPhone and GarageBand” or something like that. In store, on devices they supply.

So anyway, what I mean is, maybe this interview will be released to coincide with the in store Apple promo. They can cross promote that way. Just musing aloud — I have no actual idea.

You could see that she was back home and felt at ease. I love that she was a bit crazy at times and that she explained the songs in detail. I had also been wondering which tracks came first, and now that we know, it’s only logical that Killers Who Are Partying was the first one. No wonder the record became so political. All in all, a lovely in-depth interview. It was definitely the rosé talking when she kept saying  “she just won’t shut up”. Maybe not entirely funny but classic Madonna. 😅

Is it me or so far no interviewer has asked Madonna about Eurovision?

She has done some interviews since it happened but it's never one of the subjects.

1 hour ago, Monsieur X said:

Probably because they’ve been instructed not to.

Sure, I do not think Madonna is very satisfied with that performance, and she surely knows that it was a great missed opportunity.

I think they were not aware of the impact that Eurovision was going to have, I think they did not try too hard, as opposed to the Superbowl.

Eurovision is party, fun, people want to see Madonna dance, do something amazing, (like the Super Bowl).

not a recycled performance from a year ago, dark, with a static Madonna on stage.  where they did not shine nor their incredible dancers..Future?.. great song bit not for Eurovision.

Do you imagine idsif or God Control with a good staging?  that's what fans want in Eurovision.

I hope She  have learned, Eurovision has already passed, but in Europe it has had a very negative impact.

2 hours ago, Rock said:

She has done some interviews since it happened but it's never one of the subjects.

I've noticed this too. I would love to hear her thoughts on it. I really doubt interviewers have no interest in asking. Seems like they were told not to mention it.

3 hours ago, rebelgirl said:

Sure, I do not think Madonna is very satisfied with that performance, and she surely knows that it was a great missed opportunity.

I think they were not aware of the impact that Eurovision was going to have, I think they did not try too hard, as opposed to the Superbowl.

Eurovision is party, fun, people want to see Madonna dance, do something amazing, (like the Super Bowl).

not a recycled performance from a year ago, dark, with a static Madonna on stage.  where they did not shine nor their incredible dancers..Future?.. great song bit not for Eurovision.

Do you imagine idsif or God Control with a good staging?  that's what fans want in Eurovision.

I hope She  have learned, Eurovision has already passed, but in Europe it has had a very negative impact.

Madonna her self said she has never watched Eurovision before when JPG gushed about it

She didnt know platform at all

And the fact its bigger than Super Bowl which she rehearsed like half a year..

5 hours ago, Rock said:

They were told not to ask her about this subject, for sure. She is aware of the impact and negative reaction, otherwise her and her team wouldn't have upload the performance with the "correct" autotuned voice. 

On 6/22/2019 at 6:31 AM, M_Sinner said:

Thanks so much. Such an amazing interview . She's lived quite a life and it's reflecting on this record. I love it .

2 hours ago, dollhouse said:

Madonna her self said she has never watched Eurovision before when JPG gushed about it

She didnt know platform at all

And the fact its bigger than Super Bowl which she rehearsed like half a year..

It definitely seems she didn't know what a big deal it was. And I didn't either. As an American, I didn't know about Eurovision at all or how many people watched but it would have been nice if someone had told her. Oh well. Water under the bridge. Now we just have Pride to worry about. lol

22 hours ago, Nikki said:

still waiting for BeatsOne to give us the FULL MADONNA INTERVIEW. what's taking them so long?

Is it me or does she look older here than now? The way she looks in the last month or so is just so incredible. She hasn't looked this good since Confessions!

I understand Eurovision is huge in Europe, but I have barely ever heard mention of it in the US...it is like the Super Bowl in Europe. They didn’t ask, because it doesn’t even register here, it is nothing in the US. No one here cares in the slightest.

7 minutes ago, Simo9jo said:

I understand Eurovision is huge in Europe, but I have barely ever heard mention of it in the US...it is like the Super Bowl in Europe. They didn’t ask, because it doesn’t even register here, it is nothing in the US. No one here cares in the slightest.

No, it's not that. She gave a plenty of european interviews, besides the dutch one who was brutally stopped by her team, no one dared to ask her something they were forbidden to ask her. 

I'm sure that applies to the European interviews, they were most likely told to not ask her, but no one cares or even knows what Eurovision is in the USA, it would be pointless to ask. Europeans on here are having a difficult time understanding how irrelevant that show is. I follow music closely, and I had barely heard of it before (only due to my ties to Portugal), and I certainly never watched even a second of it before this year. The interview in this thread is an American outlet, they simple would not ask about Eurovision under any circumstance. So it is that.

47 minutes ago, Simo9jo said:

I'm sure that applies to the European interviews, they were most likely told to not ask her, but no one cares or even knows what Eurovision is in the USA, it would be pointless to ask. Europeans on here are having a difficult time understanding how irrelevant that show is. I follow music closely, and I had barely heard of it before (only due to my ties to Portugal), and I certainly never watched even a second of it before this year. The interview in this thread is an American outlet, they simple would not ask about Eurovision under any circumstance. So it is that.

We know how irrelevant  esc is in the us. You guys keep talking about it