Jump to content
MadonnaNation.com Forums

Madame X album general discussion


Recommended Posts

does anyone know if tracking week starts the same day worldwide everywhere? I can buy the album today already, but I want it to count for the official first week

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Sideris said:

Yeah  

#12 iTunes NZ

Yeah ! So I can listen to itand don't feel guilty x)

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Tomyx21 said:

Bin einfach zu Expert gefahren, die haben nicht viel Auswahl , ne Handvoll CD`s aber die war dabei. War auch Bei Mediamarkt , dachte vielleicht die Deluxe zu bekommen. Die haben die im Lager , wollten es aber nicht rausrücken , auch als ich mich auf den Boden gelegt habe und geschrieben habe war nix zu machen 😉

 

tolle Idee 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

In Berlin überzeugt das die Verkäufer aber leider nicht, ansonsten würde ich es auch versuchen 😂😂😂

Edited by Geiger83
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, domyeyebrows said:

It's not even that I didn't like them - they just didn't jump out at me like the others. Even the ones I didn't love were very interesting sonically.

Batuka and Occident.

 

Interesting...the range of liked and disliked varies so much for everyone. Must mean it's a good album overall!

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Lolasmommy said:

Please don’t have that hairstyle for Graham Norton show-it was like that when she appeared on Jonathon Ross 4 years ago!

Who cares! Let Madonna choose things she feels comfortable with. At the end of the day, it's just hair 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Boki_D said:

Who cares! Let Madonna choose things she feels comfortable with. At the end of the day, it's just hair 🙂

You should know by now, the things fans discuss more than a long anticipated album are her hair, her hands (in the past) and now her ass. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just played through Spotify Australia.

Wow, let me say this. It's... Interesting 😂

Totally like the sounds sonically, very unique and forward thinking I think. But for me, nothing has really clicked yet. I think it's going to be the kind of album that takes a few spins to fully understand and take in. God Control I would say is my favourite track so far because I love the disco feel. I don't search I find has a great house sound to it too. 

I will say that If heard these songs in a random playlist generated by Spotify and I didn't know they were M, I would probably skip. I also don't like the amount of autotune/vocal effects she's used in the album, almost every song.

Overall it's not what I was expecting, but is that a bad thing? Hard to say after one listen. Definitely will be playing a few times, hopefully I fully appreciate it then.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Real_Madonna said:

Just played through Spotify Australia.

Wow, let me say this. It's... Interesting 😂

Totally like the sounds sonically, very unique and forward thinking I think. But for me, nothing has really clicked yet. I think it's going to be the kind of album that takes a few spins to fully understand and take in. God Control I would say is my favourite track so far because I love the disco feel. I don't search I find has a great house sound to it too. 

I will say that If heard these songs in a random playlist generated by Spotify and I didn't know they were M, I would probably skip. I also don't like the amount of autotune/vocal effects she's used in the album, almost every song. 

Overall it's not what I was expecting, but is that a bad thing? Hard to say after one listen. Definitely will be playing a few times, hopefully I fully appreciate it then.

It's okay if it's a grower.

Crazy is the track with the most instant appeal.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Voguerock said:

Agreed... I'm crazy over Crazy! 😍

❤️ Same it's not her most ground-breaking work but so so good. I wouldn't mind 2-3 more songs like that on the record.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Marcello77 said:

Thanks (Do you know how to download them?)

If you use Google Chrome, you can download a Video Downloader extension, and then when you open the webpage with the video, the extension will let you download it to your computer.

Link to post
Share on other sites

We already knew this but now she apparently confirmed it in today's interviews:

Madonna offered several interviews today in London, and apparently confirms that "God Control" and "Batuka" already have their recorded videos, also mentioned that they will perform a clip of "I Rise" on the beach.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, robster said:

We already knew this but now she apparently confirmed it in today's interviews:

Madonna offered several interviews today in London, and apparently confirms that "God Control" and "Batuka" already have their recorded videos, also mentioned that they will perform a clip of "I Rise" on the beach.

Yaaas!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just finished my third listening of the album: absolutely surprised and pleasantly impressed.
GOLD:
-Looking for Mercy: song with an epic, deep and poignant tone
-God Control: the best song on the album
-Come Alive: this song takes me to heaven
-Extreme Occident: I could circle the notes of "life is a circle" for the next 5 years
-I Rise: crazy anthem and best song among those released with Dark Ballet
-Killers who are partying: profound text and song immersed in the style of Cesaria Evora

SILVER:
-Dark Ballet: I had very high expectations for this track, the MET and Eurovision performances spoiled my surprise. with the video it acquires decidedly more points
-I don't search I find: good song with reminiscences of the past, but current
- the singles: Crave and Medellin + Future
-Faz Gostoso: I admit that I am fond of Blaya's song, this new version ennobles the song immersing it in a carioca rhythm but Anitta was not necessary

BRONZE
-Bitch i'm loca: it is a bop and far from the trash of Soltera but does not add anything

HORRIBLE SONGS
-Batuka: with enormous regret I put this song as one of the worst on the album, it looks like a song from the running shoe spot and I find the voice absolutely annoying, savable only the last minute
-Crazy: it looks like a hard candy scrap, too bad because that accordion had enormous potential
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, robster said:

We already knew this but now she apparently confirmed it in today's interviews:

Madonna offered several interviews today in London, and apparently confirms that "God Control" and "Batuka" already have their recorded videos, also mentioned that they will perform a clip of "I Rise" on the beach.

omggg yes

Btw Rob, there should also be a bigger "movie" project. From another forum:

"Apparently there's a movie coming. Like, a visual experience for the album! She said in a Spanish interview that people should "watch the piece Nuno made with me to understand that all songs are going together"

 I knew that album trailer was something bigger!"

Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel that the weakest tracks on the album are the 1st 4 singles she released.

I'm really digging God Control, Crazy, Batuka, Extreme Occident, Faz Gostoco, Come Alive, I don't search I find and bitch im loca. And this is just after the 1st listen from start to finish. 

I'm happy 🙂

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...