Jump to content
MadonnaNation.com Forums

Madame X album general discussion


Recommended Posts

Wow....Ciao Bella and Funana are VERY 90's Madonna. Actually, 90's dance music. Reminds me Des'ree and Everything but the girl, Enigma, Neneh Cherry.

But Back that up...just no. It doesn't fit. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think she chose the best 15 tracks for the album. The deluxe tracks are nice, but not required for the full experience.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, rocKstar said:

Funana is the song from the clip she posted in the studio, where she says: Estere do you like the music?  

Finally!

Great. I was hoping that would be one of the bonus tracks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/11/2019 at 10:23 PM, Humberto77rj said:

Like I said before, this album might seem a COADF to some, but the impact is going to be the same as ROL or Music, because it's that unique "Madonna ahead of the time" sound.

And not just ahead, but an elegant mix of great latin/portuguese/brazilian music + her pop touch. And inteligence. It's an inteligent album, a mature album that'll make pop starlets scream and moan for not being bold enough (nor creative enough) to do the same.

You hit the nail on the head. None of those POP TARTS can’t even muster up a raw album like M has done countless of times. M is special cause she is an artist first and foremost and not some product of a label. I gave in and heard half the record and “KILLERS” “BATUKA” and “GOD CONTROL” have me such in awe. Not since COADF have we’ve been blessed with such rawness. ❤️

Link to post
Share on other sites

My friend got a copy sent to him to review officially so I sat in on the session - didn't bow to the leaks but heard it early.

I won't go on and on but I will say my face hurt from smiling by the end. Apart from 2 songs I loved it, and I mean loved it. Sonically it is so interesting and accomplished and nothing at all feels half-hearted or phoned in. My immediate response was 'this is better than Confessions' because whilst Confessions is a fucking brilliant album it was also played very safe albeit to her strengths. This doesn't play anything safe. And that's the M I adore the most.

I just wish everyone listening to it for the first time could film their faces when God Control kicks in.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yay my French copy was delivered today in the UK I can get to listen to the album officially, glad I didn’t give in to leaks online 

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, domyeyebrows said:

My friend got a copy sent to him to review officially so I sat in on the session - didn't bow to the leaks but heard it early.

I won't go on and on but I will say my face hurt from smiling by the end. Apart from 2 songs I loved it, and I mean loved it. Sonically it is so interesting and accomplished and nothing at all feels half-hearted or phoned in. My immediate response was 'this is better than Confessions' because whilst Confessions is a fucking brilliant album it was also played very safe albeit to her strengths. This doesn't play anything safe. And that's the M I adore the most.

I just wish everyone listening to it for the first time could film their faces when God Control kicks in.

What were the 2 songs you didn't like?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Fever said:

What were the 2 songs you didn't like?

It's not even that I didn't like them - they just didn't jump out at me like the others. Even the ones I didn't love were very interesting sonically.

Batuka and Occident.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, domyeyebrows said:

My friend got a copy sent to him to review officially so I sat in on the session - didn't bow to the leaks but heard it early.

I won't go on and on but I will say my face hurt from smiling by the end. Apart from 2 songs I loved it, and I mean loved it. Sonically it is so interesting and accomplished and nothing at all feels half-hearted or phoned in. My immediate response was 'this is better than Confessions' because whilst Confessions is a fucking brilliant album it was also played very safe albeit to her strengths. This doesn't play anything safe. And that's the M I adore the most.

I just wish everyone listening to it for the first time could film their faces when God Control kicks in.

I had the biggest smile on my face when I first listened to that. In fact, I actually cried with joy at the end of it.  It's fantastic.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Crux said:

I had the biggest smile on my first when I first listened to that. In fact, I actually cried with joy at the end of it.  It's fantastic.

Totally. Three of us just looked at each other with big smiles and started to dance haha

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would love to read decent fan reviews from us. Not just 'i like that song, but that one is shit', but a real detailed song by song review from you all. Together with points for each song and overal album scores.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, henree said:

Does anyone know who produced the bonus tracks?

Funana – Written by Madonna Ciccone and Mirwais Ahmadzai; Produced by Madonna Ciccone and Mirwais Ahmadzai.

Back That Up To The Beat – Written by Madonna Ciccone, Brittany Talia Hazzard and Pharrell Williams; Produced by Madonna, Jeff Bhasker, Mike Dean and Pharrell Williams.

Ciao Bella – Written by Madonna Ciccone and Mirwais Ahmadzai; Produced by Madonna Ciccone and Mirwais Ahmadzai.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ashtangi74 said:

I would love to read decent fan reviews from us. Not just 'i like that song, but that one is shit', but a real detailed song by song review from you all. Together with points for each song and overal album scores.

I'll have to listen again a couple times before I can do that, but I would love to!

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ashtangi74 said:

I would love to read decent fan reviews from us. Not just 'i like that song, but that one is shit', but a real detailed song by song review from you all. Together with points for each song and overal album scores.

I think we did that for Rebel Heart, so we'll probably do it for MX too after everyone's listened to it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, sam1978mannheim said:

I got s mail from Amazon that madame x will b delivered today. I live in Germany. Is that possible? 

Meine kommen erst morgen .. auch Amazon 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, micro_03 said:

Meine kommen erst morgen .. auch Amazon 

 

14 minutes ago, micro_03 said:

I got s mail from Amazon that madame x will b delivered today. I live in Germany. Is that possible? 

Wisst ihr, wie es mit Universal Music (Madonna Store Germany) funktioniert?

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Tomyx21 said:

 Expert Germany 😬😬😬

2B042A43-82A6-4036-B158-7F2C51716FD7.jpeg

Wow! Where did you ordered from? I ordered from Madonna Store Germany (Universal Music) in Berlin and have no idea how fast they deliver...I am afraid that my order won't arrive before the weekend 😞

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Rise said:

I think she chose the best 15 tracks for the album. The deluxe tracks are nice, but not required for the full experience.

When Back That Up to the Beat is the highlight out of the three tracks, enough said 🙂 Very good idea not to include these three on the actual album. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Geiger83 said:

Wow! Where did you ordered from? I ordered from Madonna Store Germany (Universal Music) in Berlin and have no idea how fast they deliver...I am afraid that my order won't arrive before the weekend 😞

Bin einfach zu Expert gefahren, die haben nicht viel Auswahl , ne Handvoll CD`s aber die war dabei. War auch Bei Mediamarkt , dachte vielleicht die Deluxe zu bekommen. Die haben die im Lager , wollten es aber nicht rausrücken , auch als ich mich auf den Boden gelegt habe und geschrieben habe war nix zu machen 😉

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...