Madame X album general discussion

1 hour ago, Crystal Coffin said:

By the time "Batuka" is on, I was like, girl, she really DID HER OWN THING here  

It totally felt as a **genuine album**, unlike RH which was more of a bunch of songs thrown together to be passed as one

That does make sense to me, and I love RH. M❌ Is on such a different level.

1st listen done!

Initial thoughts...I’ll need to spend a lot of time with this album.

I'm still in awe. I can't. Love her so much! I know about "new album buzz" but this might be one of my favorites. There is just her, she is in her lane, in her category, in her dimension. Noone comes close, ever!

Thank you M!

Have been properly playing it now with my precious, beefy, ass kicking Hi-Fi sound system for the past four hours or so, since returning home. Deluxe CD delivered today, last night past midnight and this morning have been playing it through streaming. Will never do that again on first official listen. I hate streaming services, fucking crap quality sound. Now I am appreciating it more, although I am taking it all in, I am still marinating on thoughts and feelings.

Highlights so far for me are: God Control, I Don't Search I Find, Faz Gustoso, Extreme Occident, Medellin, Ciao Bella, Funana, and potentially Come Alive.

The comparisons I have heard between Madame X and Ray of Light are ridiculous, or between Madame X and Confessions - totally completely different albums, cannot compare them and say that one is better than the other about two different things altogether.

The over-hype I have seen in recent weeks and the days, hours leading up to the official release, set me on very high expectations buzz, and I should have not allow myself to fall for that.

31 minutes ago, Nikola said:

I'm still in awe. I can't. Love her so much! I know about "new album buzz" but this might be one of my favorites. There is just her, she is in her lane, in her category, in her dimension. Noone comes close, ever!

Thank you M!

That was my reaction as well. I really can’t picture any other mainstream pop star making such a gorgeous and weird body of work. 

Thats probably the reason I love it so much because I FEEL like I’m listening to the album Madonna wanted to make.

Can anyone share an amazon link to the 2 disck hardcover edition?

4 hours ago, Mozo1 said:

The choir-esque ending of Come Alive had me crying at my desk. So beautiful. 

Me too. I wasn't expecting to love Come Alive as most of the reviews, from what I remember, didn't pay it much attention but it's amazing. 

Been listening pretty much nonstop. Favs for me include **I Don't Search**, Killers, Faz Gostosa, Crave, Medellin and Ciao Bella. I'm also digging Crazy, Come Alive, Batuka, Dark Ballet and Future. I don't get the love for God Control, the disco transition is jarring, I can't get into the groove! Strange bc some folks really love it, different strokes I guess. Bitch I'm Loca is just silly, but fun. Looking for Mercy has some good parts, but it's too repetitive and dirge-like for me. The one track that I really don't care for is Extreme Occident. Overall, it's an ambitious melange of cultures & styles, glad our lady is still reaching and striving! Which songs already have videos to be released? Batuka and one other, right?

A few people are saying the album has received mixed reviews but I don't agree. Almost all of the more respected publications have given 4 stars and a lot of the 3 star reviews have been positive. Maybe 'mixed' in that they are not all the same rating but it's not like the album is getting  a load of negative reviews as well as the good ones.

Q magazine used to spell out what its ratings meant and 3 stars was something like 'good but not for everybody' which I think sums this album up pretty well - although I would give it 4 stars myself, nudging 5.

I think her problem sometimes is that we/reviewers judge all of her albums against her other unparalleled work rather than what else is out at the moment.

Edited by Silverfox

47 minutes ago, Flip The Switch said:

I can’t see the lyrics anymore on Apple Music. Is anyone having the same issue? 

I can still see them. Maybe try to force close and pull it back up? Hopefully that works for you! 

1 hour ago, Silverfox said:

Me too. I wasn't expecting to love Come Alive as most of the reviews, from what I remember, didn't pay it much attention but it's amazing. 

Yes! It certainly wasn't one of the more publicized tracks but Jesus...

M. is one of those artists who just has that power for me. She knows exactly where my heart is at any given time and she has an arrow for it and is always ready to pierce said heart. Come Alive did, and I didn't even know I needed to hear it so bad. 

I am loving Madame X so far, btw (finally home from work) and I was worried. She's killing it and me! I haven't been this thrilled since COADF. That's not a knock on years of great tracks, but this is an album, mofos!!! 🙂🙂

10 hours ago, Rebel Saviour said:

Ciao😀 Have you listened to the album? It's amazing! A masterpiece! 

Ciao 😀😘

Non ancora purtroppo

Ma oggi ho tutto il giorno per farlo!

E non vedo l'ora

Mi fa piacere che ti piaccia e tanto anche

Sono davvero curioso

After a few spins, can we safely say that Madame X is a MASTERPIECE of an album ?

Everyone around me loves it ! Including friend & family that kept on bashing M since 4 Minutes.

She hit the right spot this time❤️  I feel so glad !

I've only listened to half of Madame X. There's just a lot to take in at once!

Very interesting musically and so creative. It's melancholy and vulnerable mixed in with joyous tracks.

Loving the influence from different cultures, but on the fence about many effects on her voice.

Felt went overboard a bit with voice effects, but I'm still getting use to it.

4 hours ago, madonnaman said:

image.png

MADONNA - Madame

Happy Release day June 14, 2019

My favorite cuts from the new album are:
#1 Crave
#2 Come Alive
#3 Faz Gostoso
#4 Bitch I'm Loca
#5 I Don't Search I Find

What a shocking, otherworldly performance by Madonna on her 14th studio album. All the delays she took was well worth it. It looks like her entire fanbase is really happy with her latest accomplishments. Madonna focused on her craft and produced what is her most eclectic package yet. Congratulations Madonna! We are such lucky fans.

I use the very basic version of Spotify to stream these days. 

MADONNAMAN
fan since 1982

Love the top 4 songs you mentioned

Songs I’m digging at the moment:

Medellin

God Control

Future

Crave 

Crazy

Come Alive

I Don’t Search I Find

Looking For Mercy

I Rise

A unique, mysterious and always engaging album from my Queen. A brave tracklist that transcends the modern pop scene and becomes something greater. Madonna has created audio landscapes rich with atmosphere and emotion. 

1 hour ago, XXL said:

Sweet. Madonna gets no respect for creating this brilliant album i will be listening for years.  The album is so original and cool AF 

Got my copy today! The standard version. Didn't see any of the deluxe unfortunately. Madonna is one of the very few artists that I will go and grab a copy for on the day of release. Also, there weren't many standard versions left! So I grabbed one quickly.