Madame X album general discussion

It's ok,. I have to listen to it a few more times, again I hated American Life so being that this album seems like a sequel to that turd with the overrated vocoder obsessed Mirwais on board, I honestly didn't expect that much

No HUGE dance anthems, basic lyrics (like AL),vocoder overload, sameness to many of the songs, bizarre political slant (not even sure Madonna knows what she means) just like AL

No wonder it's getting mixed reviews from the critics, this could of been the BIG return to form for her, she was on the right track with RH, which was far superior, those melodies on RH....

Of the songs not released ahead of time, I like God Control, Come Alive and I don't Search I Find the most

3 minutes ago, Get Together said:

I absolutely love and adore Rebel Heart, and I could never pit any album against the other, but it’s so true that this album has that “magic” ingredient. Fuck, we are SO LUCKY to be this goddess genius’ fan!

Naturally we MUST compare the current album to its predecessor in order to evaluate her musical direction and progress, so it's not about "pitting one against another" at all. The thing is, with RH and also MDNA, many fans had to make their own satusfying track listing, while Madame X is on a completely different plane - it's like she gave us a musical book that you have to listen to attentively, everything is tied together solidly. 

1 minute ago, Crystal Coffin said:

Naturally we MUST compare the current album to its predecessor in order to evaluate her musical direction and progress, so it's not about "pitting one against another" at all. The thing is, with RH and also MDNA, many fans had to make their own satusfying track listing, while Madame X is on a completely different plane - it's like she gave us a musical book that you have to listen to attentively, everything is tied together solidly. 

I agree with this.

But when all said and done Madame X is the most ambitious and best work she has released with Universal.

6 minutes ago, Samo said:

It's ok,. I have to listen to it a few more times, again I hated American Life so being that this album seems like a sequel to that turd with the overrated vocoder obsessed Mirwais on board, I honestly didn't expect that much

No HUGE dance anthems, basic lyrics (like AL),vocoder overload, sameness to many of the songs, bizarre political slant (not even sure Madonna knows what she means) just like AL

No wonder it's getting mixed reviews from the critics, this could of been the BIG return to form for her, she was on the right track with RH, which was far superior, those melodies on RH....

Of the songs not released ahead of time, I like God Control, Come Alive and I don't Search I Find the most

Can you please, ermm, fuck off from this forum like imakicola and madmex? 

1 minute ago, Crystal Coffin said:

Can you please, ermm, fuck off from this forum like imakicola and madmex? 

Sorry can't have an OPINION?  This is for fans to talk about Madonna's WORK, us it not?

I LOVED RH and defended it to the death on other fan forums, like you're doing now with MX which is admirable, but I would NEVER be so ignorant to tell fellow fans who didn't agree with my opinion to "fuck off"

I just had my first listen and I am blown away. It demands something from the listener. So many emotions listening from start to finish. She really put her heart and soul into this album. Pure genius,nobody comes close. She really captured something unique here. What the world looks like in 2019,but also a glimpse into her soul. It's beautiful,melancoly,sad,uplifting,and original and one hell of a ride. 

14 minutes ago, Samo said:

😱😱😱

image.png

MADONNA - Madame

Happy Release day June 14, 2019

My favorite cuts from the new album are:
#1 Crave
#2 Come Alive
#3 Faz Gostoso
#4 Bitch I'm Loca
#5 I Don't Search I Find

What a shocking, otherworldly performance by Madonna on her 14th studio album. All the delays she took was well worth it. It looks like her entire fanbase is really happy with her latest accomplishments. Madonna focused on her craft and produced what is her most eclectic package yet. Congratulations Madonna! We are such lucky fans.

I use the very basic version of Spotify to stream these days. 

MADONNAMAN
fan since 1982

3 minutes ago, Samo said:

Sorry can't have an OPINION?  This is for fans to talk about Madonna's WORK, us it not?

I LOVED RH and defended it to the death on other fan forums, like you're doing now with MX which is admirable, but I would NEVER be so ignorant to tell fellow fans who didn't agree with my opinion to "fuck off"

Get used to it.

i love the album, a million years better than rebel heart, in my opinion. But I don’t think you should be scolded for having an opinion, but unfortunately, on a Madonna forum of all places, you get dragged for having a different opinion than most. Go figure.

Just now, Get Together said:

I LOVE MADAME X

I LOVE Get Together, that was a jam and Confessions was THE album 

I think I'm gonna listen to it tonight

Madame X who?

3 minutes ago, Confessit said:

I agree with this.

But when all said and done Madame X is the most ambitious and best work she has released with Universal.

Yes.

Think of Boys for Pele by Tori Amos, or Ruby Blue by Roisin Murphy. The songs are very out-there and, it's MADONNA, A POP STAR doing it, so of course the dumbfuck mediocre critics are disturbed by it.

She really has the fucking stupidest fans. 

7 minutes ago, Samo said:

Fuck off, yes. 

Just now, FeTuoni said:

Get used to it.

i love the album, a million years better than rebel heart, in my opinion. But I don’t think you should be scolded for having an opinion, but unfortunately, on a Madonna forum of all places, you get dragged for having a different opinion than most. Go figure.

Of course you have all the right of a different opinion.

Although, I must confess that impress me. I was wandering today, after first album full listening, if there was a not-happy fan.

IMO the album (deluxe) is perfect! If you consider Ciao Bella then... 

3 minutes ago, Samo said:

I LOVE Get Together, that was a jam and Confessions was THE album 

I think I'm gonna listen to it tonight

Madame X who?

You are absolutely entitled to your own opinion! And I love that! We all celebrate an incredible woman who inspires us all to live our Truth(s). But I do of course hope this album grows for you! It is SPECTACULAR! That's the beauty of Madonna - there's something for everyone! 😍

Just now, Get Together said:

You are absolutely entitled to your own opinion! And I love that! We all celebrate an incredible woman who inspires us all to live our Truth(s). But I do of course hope this album grows for you! It is SPECTACULAR! That's the beauty of Madonna - there's something for everyone! 😍

Thank you.  But Get Together is probably in my top 5 all time Madonna songs, so underrated.  Stuart Price was a genious with that album, production wise

Why Madonna has NEVER tried a sequel of sorts to Confessions is a HUGE mystery to me ....

Just now, Samo said:

Thank you.  But Get Together is probably in my top 5 all time Madonna songs, so underrated.  Stuart Price was a genious with that album, production wise

Why Madonna has NEVER tried a sequel of sorts to Confessions is a HUGE mystery to me ....

Get Together is my username AND favorite song for a reason! It is....perfection. And I just feel that we are sooo so lucky to be Madonna fans. She keeps going. She keeps looking forward. She keeps experimenting. She keeps BRINGING IT. Fuck, I am falling down another Madonna hole all over again. And I am loving every second of it! 😂

4 minutes ago, Get Together said:

Get Together is my username AND favorite song for a reason! It is....perfection. And I just feel that we are sooo so lucky to be Madonna fans. She keeps going. She keeps looking forward. She keeps experimenting. She keeps BRINGING IT. Fuck, I am falling down another Madonna hole all over again. And I am loving every second of it! 😂

Too bad we have no Get Together type Disco perfection songs on MX....

Just now, Samo said:

Too bad we have no Get Together type Disco perfection songs on MX....

Ohhhhh that is totally not true! But I know we all digest music differently. I hope there's something on here you enjoy!

15 minutes ago, rodials said:

Of course you have all the right of a different opinion.

Although, I must confess that impress me. I was wandering today, after first album full listening, if there was a not-happy fan.

IMO the album (deluxe) is perfect! If you consider Ciao Bella then... 

Ciao Bella is incredible. The album is superb. From track 01 to 18. I couldn’t be happier as a fan.

I’m so overwhelmed by the positive response the album has had on my social media from people I follow. 

Lately I was used to everyone bashing Madonna but I saw so many people praising the album and calling it her best since confessions. 

With the exception of a few haters, this is a triumph for Madonna. 

49 minutes ago, YannBouch said:

Madonna is a god

God Is Woman (for real this time)