Madame X album general discussion

18 minutes ago, Genevieve Vavance said:

it's weird I can't focus on single songs, I HAVE to listen to the album from the beginning to the end, it's like reading a book (you don't start in the middle)

I'm the same! it's like a have 15 babies to take care of haha

3 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Btw this is the first album I love to hear from start to finish since American Life. I've never ever been able to listen the whole RH in one seat. 

And now where is Baba @Kim? And @VogueMusic? Verdicts on Madame X from you guys, please! 🙏

3 minutes ago, karbatal said:

I still haven't heard the three bonus tracks. I reserve them for when the superdeluxe cd arrives

Same.

I'm only at "Crave" so far finishing side B though listening to the vinyl but I'm clear I'll wait for the box for those three.

Listening to a Madonna album on LP is something I hadn't done since I was 8 so it's quite the experience in so many ways.

Back then I didn't have a glass of wine with me though LOL.

I’ve listened to the album so many times already and I’m in awe of the sheer brilliance of it. It’s so multi-layered and multi-faceted and yet it manages to sound and feel so Madonna, not gimmicky at all. I didn’t have the time to go and buy the record in the morning so I decided to stream it while at the gym. I’m glad there was no one there as I was both dancing and crying depending on the song. Lifting the weights was easy compared to this wild ride on an emotional roller coaster. I really don’t remember when I was this excited about a new album by any artist, even Madonna. 💓

2 minutes ago, Shane said:

How many times have you all listened?  Do you tend to stagger plays of a new album or overdose on it?

Overdose!  I have listened continuously w exception of 4hrs slept

7 minutes ago, Shane said:

How many times have you all listened?  Do you tend to stagger plays of a new album or overdose on it?

I’ve listened twice in full! And once I get back home I plan on playing it non stop. 

I’m very excited for the bonus tracks I’ll get to hear on Monday! 

1 hour ago, AnonymouslyInLoveWithM said:

Madonna has just accomplished two amazing things for me, which she has never accomplished in her almost-40-year-long career:

1.  Managed to create an album in which I truly enjoy and can say I love EVERY-SINGLE-SONG!  (As much as I love her and her music, there have always been a couple of clunkers in each and every one of her albums.  With Madame X, that is no longer the case.  Each song is brilliant in its own way!) And...

2.  (This one's minor, but an important one for me.) I have always felt the need to re-order the tracklisting on M's albums - I never thought she was particularly good at the order in which her songs were placed on her album.  No longer!  I truly feel Madame X is PERFECTLY track-listed - the order couldn't be any better!

Madame X truly is a WORK OF ART.  And, she created this NOW, SO deep and long into her outstanding career.  WHO ELSE can do this?!?

Side note:  I'm so glad I waited until today to hear the album in its entirety.  It truly felt like the old days when we all had to wait with baited breath and, finally, were able to exhale when listening to her art for the first time.  

Put brilliantly bud

such a mess here in Canada. no orders have gone out from Amazon.ca. even though I pre ordered the vinyl and cd the day it was announced and listed it's now out of stock with a delivery date pending. Now I don't feel bad at all for downloading it earlier this week and listening to it. 

How do get the “extra” songs like Ciao bella and Funana? I’m lost and in my mid 30’s 😂😂

I'm in love with this album, but I have to wait before I write a review. The tracks are so layered and I have to discover them more carefully. The album is a spectacular journey and a very diverse, yet cohesive listening experience.

I'm so proud to be a fan! 

Btw I love her raw voice very much, but I really think the autotune is a stylistic choice that connects with the experitmental concept of the album. I hope some people look beyond their first impression that it's used to hide "weak" vocals. 

The strings in the background of Dark Ballet's verses remind me of He's A Man from I'm Breathless.

55 minutes ago, Shane said:

Overdose 100% ❤️

It's on repeat 24/7

2 minutes ago, Kilt said:

Buy the 2cd deluxe

Ok thanks will do. Not available on itunes?

One thing is for certain, fans on here, and fan friends of mine all have different favourites. Every track on this album has been listed as a favourite or standout for someone. I don't recall that ever happening before. There's always one song that is universally the initial standout and one that is considered the dud. Not this time.

That's the real benchmark of a truly fantastic album and she has achieved that here.

Just now, stevo208 said:

One thing is for certain, fans on here, and fan friends of mine all have different favourites. Every track on this album has been listed as a favourite or standout got someone. I don't recall that ever happening before. There's always one song that is universally the initial standout and one that is considered the dud. Not this time.

That's the real benchmark of a truly fantastic album and she has achieved that here.

that's true

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks

Can I say how fantastically crisp this album sounds?   Wow!!  I'm loving all the layers this has.  And there are a handful of gems on this album that I can't stop listening to, such as "Crazy", "Crave", "Dark Ballet", "Bitch, I'm Loca", "Looking for Mercy", "Medellin".  "Future" and "I Rise".  Unfortunately, I don't rate this album as one of her best, at least to the standards of classic albums like Like a Prayer and Ray of Light.  I think the more I listen I will discover more to this album.  There is just so much to this album to love.  I just wish she laid off some of the vocal effects on some of the songs.  For me, it worked fine for "Future", but on some others it was just a bit too much. 

Holy. Fucking. MADONNA.

I just had my first, virgin listening experience. I honestly don't know how I did it, but I held out all day to go get the physical CD and bring it back home with a bottle of champagne. I put on my headphones, put my phone on 'do not disturb,' and Madame X took me on a wild ride while flipping through that epic art booklet! 

It is absolutely her meditation on the state of the world, the state of her soul, and the state of the listener. I am absolutely blown away. I cried, I danced, and I fucking felt. THAT.

I may have re-twisted my ankle dancing, but shit, it was so worth it. This album is an absolute aural cinematic masterpiece. I cannot wait to do it all over again.... In fact, I think I will do it right now! 😂

THANK YOU MADONNA!!!!!

3 minutes ago, Get Together said:

Holy. Fucking. MADONNA.

I just had my first, virgin listening experience. I honestly don't know how I did it, but I held out all day to go get the physical CD and bring it back home with a bottle of champagne. I put on my headphones, put my phone on 'do not disturb,' and Madame X took me on a wild ride while flipping through that epic art booklet! 

It is absolutely her meditation on the state of the world, the state of her soul, and the state of the listener. I am absolutely blown away. I cried, I danced, and I fucking felt. THAT.

I may have re-twisted my ankle dancing, but shit, it was so worth it. This album is an absolute aural cinematic masterpiece. I cannot wait to do it all over again.... In fact, I think I will do it right now! 😂

THANK YOU MADONNA!!!!!

By the time "Batuka" is on, I was like, girl, she really DID HER OWN THING here  

It totally felt as a **genuine album**, unlike RH which was more of a bunch of songs thrown together to be passed as one

7 minutes ago, Crystal Coffin said:

By the time "Batuka" is on, I was like, girl, she really DID HER OWN THING here  

It totally felt as a **genuine album**, unlike RH which was more of a bunch of songs thrown together to be passed as one

I absolutely love and adore Rebel Heart, and I could never pit any album against the other, but it’s so true that this album has that “magic” ingredient. Fuck, we are SO LUCKY to be this goddess genius’ fan!