Madame X album general discussion

Madonna has just accomplished two amazing things for me, which she has never accomplished in her almost-40-year-long career:

1.  Managed to create an album in which I truly enjoy and can say I love EVERY-SINGLE-SONG!  (As much as I love her and her music, there have always been a couple of clunkers in each and every one of her albums.  With Madame X, that is no longer the case.  Each song is brilliant in its own way!) And...

2.  (This one's minor, but an important one for me.) I have always felt the need to re-order the tracklisting on M's albums - I never thought she was particularly good at the order in which her songs were placed on her album.  No longer!  I truly feel Madame X is PERFECTLY track-listed - the order couldn't be any better!

Madame X truly is a WORK OF ART.  And, she created this NOW, SO deep and long into her outstanding career.  WHO ELSE can do this?!?

Side note:  I'm so glad I waited until today to hear the album in its entirety.  It truly felt like the old days when we all had to wait with baited breath and, finally, were able to exhale when listening to her art for the first time.  

Edited by AnonymouslyInLoveWithM

Ended up getting it at Target, after all (redemption CD still hasn't arrived- anyone actually get theirs by/on delivery date?)

She's taking us on a trip, indeed. Intriguing, enjoyable listen (listened to it  just once thus far).

Listening right now for the first time...I don't think I'll find very soon the right words to describe this experience... Or maybe the word "experience" sums it all up for me... A GREAT and INTENSE listening experience 🤩

5 hours ago, Toni said:

Have any of the pop tarts tweeted or instagrammed anything about the album?

I'd search myself but I'm in work.

I'll have a good look later myself.

Anitta posted a WONDERFUL message. Ariana posted something too 

Don't know about the rest but most of them NEVER support her so no surprise.

2 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Her voice in Looking For Mercy :inlove:

can you hum it 4 me, i'm sitting here staring @ the album. Lord I can't wait any longer. I'm drinking beer and eating nuts and chips.

2 minutes ago, acko said:

can you hum it 4 me, i'm sitting here staring @ the album. Lord I can't wait any longer. I'm drinking beer and eating nuts and chips.

It's like nothing you've heard before. It's so odd. Yet so beyond fantastic. That's the album. Looking for Mercy is her best ballad this century.

1 minute ago, stevo208 said:

It's like nothing you've heard before. It's so odd. Yet so beyond fantastic. That's the album. Looking for Mercy is her best ballad this century.

*stuffs face with nuts*

guys I don't know if you've already talked about it, but Ciao Bella is simply crazy, it's the duet with Seal that I've always dreamed of, I didn't expect a male voice in the song. flawless, it's the exact atmosphere I love, it brings me back to the 2000s of my childhood but it's terribly current. I love madly

Loving, loving, LOOOOOOOVING it so far. I am at work so my experience keeps getting interrupted so I can't wait to go home and listen front-to-back, as it were. Extreme Occident and Faz Gostoso are KILLING ME!!!

And Future and Crave sound better in context here, they've both grown on me. 

Oh, and I noticed Springsteen took iTunes #1 so I bought it there, too. 🙂🙂 In your face, Bruce! 

19 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Her voice in Looking For Mercy :inlove:

I know!!! My fav track on the album!!

32 minutes ago, Ai Papi Si. said:

I hate Ariana lol but what did she say?

she said "happy madame x day madonna i'm so excited to get to know her i can't breathe"

madonna shared it in her stories. 

1 minute ago, Genevieve Vavance said:

it's weird I can't focus on single songs, I HAVE to listen to the album from the beginning to the end, it's like reading a book (you don't start in the middle)

Same.  Her albums are always a journey.

2 hours ago, nightcutter said:

Ugh.

Amazon can't deliver my box set till Monday now. And the box set didn't come with autorip. And Madonna shop hasn't dispatched my standard cd either. So I'm listening to a download I found that has surface noise on tracks like Killers and God Control. Unless they deliberately have jumps and crackles?

Fucking annoyed...

3 hours ago, Logan said:

Ok- so I waited for the release and avoided the leaks....

but now I don’t think I can’t wait for my Super Deluxe 2CD to arrive here in the US for the 3 bonus tracks. 

Can anyone point me in the right direction for those 3 tracks???

😉

Back that up is on youtube

27 minutes ago, Mozo1 said:

Loving, loving, LOOOOOOOVING it so far. I am at work so my experience keeps getting interrupted so I can't wait to go home and listen front-to-back, as it were. Extreme Occident and Faz Gostoso are KILLING ME!!!

And Future and Crave sound better in context here, they've both grown on me. 

Oh, and I noticed Springsteen took iTunes #1 so I bought it there, too. 🙂🙂 In your face, Bruce! 

👏👏