Madame X album general discussion

27 minutes ago, Ai Papi Si. said:

Weird how? lol

I did love the song when it was first released but somehow now I think it's one of the weakest songs on the album ( for me the other one is Bitch I'm Loca.).

It's weird right ? I know it's weird . haha

to me, 'future' is the weakest song on the album. sounds so out of place and I have to skip it.

I am really digging 'gun control', 'extreme occident', 'crazy', 'faz gostoso, 'I don't serch I find'.

btw. I must have already played the album at least 9x by now 🙂

All I can say is WOW! I can’t remember the last time we had a Madonna album where every song makes an impression... and a good one!  (Oh, I loved Rebel Heart too) Just saying this is a World Album not some cookie cutter pop album. These songs are mature with so many musical influences... probably the most experimental since RayOfLight.  Fits perfectly in Madonna’s discography and my playlists!  I Love it all! 

Okay I've listened through ONCE and these are my first thoughts:

The opening triptych is amazing - great start to the album.

Stand outs from first listen are GC and IDSIF, although I don't know why it's buried at the end after BIL - not a fan of that by the way.

Surprised at how much I like Faz Gostoso, didn't know the original - didn't have high hopes. It sounds like I thought Medellin would sound.

Future is now a bit redundant in the middle of all this.

Traditional album tracks like Crazy and Come Alive are still brilliant.

Extreme Occident is absolutely beautiful. A bit repetitive but production and melody are sublime. As is Mercy.

Biggest surprise is KWAP - after all the negativity in the reviews I am surprised - definitely an immediate favourite - how they can just concentrate on a few lyrics and not appreciate the mood of the whole track is beyond me.

Listening to the bonus tracks now (arrived by post later this morning) Funana is a bit of a na-na, but Ciao Bella is great.

Been a fan for 30 years - since my first ever cassette - LAP - and after a few fallow years I am entirely in awe of this woman and her incredible talents, melodies and staying power. How lucky we are that she is still making music of this high quality. 

And I'm so glad that I had you guys on this forum to share it with - the rumours, the anticipation, the reveal of the trailer, the premiere of the single and now this. What a ride!!

Edited by Fever

I ve cried on Batuka , LFM ; felt proud and worthy to be educated by this artivist , listening to this album made me realize how open and mature and full of knowledge my ears have become growing up with her music . It s a soul experience insight journey

4 hours ago, VogueMusic said:

I'm having the same issue. Downloaded my album, but won't download the digital booklet. Same exact error message.

Anyone else having this issue?

Me too. I think it’s also making the album appear incomplete in iTunes, so there’s that cloud symbol at the top even though I’ve downloaded all the actual music.

15 hours ago, nightcutter said:

This is what I asked on the previous page. Is the cd quality good? Does it have clicks and such like.

No., Clicks were from the vinyl rip. 

1 hour ago, Timtom said:

After the first listening...

Medellín 1/10

Dark Ballet 7/10

God Control 10/10

Future 7/10

Batuka 3/10

Killers Who Are Partying 10/10 

Crave 9/10

Crazy 9/10

Come Alive 8/10

Extreme Occident 10/10

Faz Gostoso 9/10 

Bitch I’m Loca 0/10 (the worst )

I Don’t Search I Find 10/10

Looking for Mercy 11/10 !!!!

I Rise 8/10

Funana 9/10

Back That Up to the Beat 9/10

Ciao Bella 7/10

Killers Who Are Partying 10/10 - needs to be a single. It is the one that lingers the most emotionally and in the moment is just pure heart.

Wow, wow, WOW. This album is amazing. I was a Madame X virgin, didn't really listen to the singles besides watching Dark Ballet, Medellín and the Eurovision videos a few times. I'm glad I waited. It's a great album experience. 

I'm so glad Madonna is still experimenting with her music. How exciting is it to be a Madonna fan?!

I will be listening all day at work! My co-workers better not bother me today! 

55 minutes ago, Ai Papi Si. said:

No one can decided on a favorite, no one can decide on a least favorite. Good sign! :lol:

Absolutely!

I hope it stays this way even when some vile narrative about the album being a flop somehow becomes canon later on (as has happened with the two previous albums). 

I need to breathe I’m beyond words nothing I had expected and surprised in so many amazing ways I’m still processing all of it. All of this waiting and anxiety now just passing through me I’m quite emotional. A stunningly beautiful collection of songs. 

16 minutes ago, poprock said:

Wow, wow, WOW. This album is amazing. I was a Madame X virgin, didn't really listen to the singles besides watching Dark Ballet, Medellín and the Eurovision videos a few times. I'm glad I waited. It's a great album experience. 

I'm so glad Madonna is still experimenting with her music. How exciting is it to be a Madonna fan?!

I will be listening all day at work! My co-workers better not bother me today! 

stream like u mean it

1 hour ago, Butter9 said:

I did love the song when it was first released but somehow now I think it's one of the weakest songs on the album ( for me the other one is Bitch I'm Loca.).

It's weird right ? I know it's weird . haha

Yes! Its like releasing candy shop when u have 4 minutes.

2 minutes ago, Adriano said:

Yes! Its like releasing candy shop when u have 4 minutes.

I hated Candy Shop when I first heard it but now am a fan ( after MDNA tour and it was amazing on RH tour ! ) Looking back I would have  preferred Candy Shop as the first single haha . 

This album is a masterpiece.  Even in the age of streaming, I have given Madonna the respect of playing her albums as she has sequenced them, and sometimes as in the case of Hard Candy and MDNA, I had to work at understanding the sequencing.  Madame X sequencing is perfect as fuck, like ROL, Music, AL, and Confessions.  What a journey!  I don’t really think I’ll start playing individual tracks for several weeks because the album is a journey. I will be enjoying straight through from Medellín to I Rise.

Oh, and Crave works perfectly as a centerpiece on this magnum opus.

20 minutes ago, Shane said:

This album is a masterpiece.  Even in the age of streaming, I have given Madonna the respect of playing her albums as she has sequenced them, and sometimes as in the case of hard Candy and MDNA, I had to work at understanding the sequencing.  Madame X sequencing is perfect as fuck, like ROL, Music, AL, and Confessions.  What a journey!  I don’t really think I’ll start playing individual tracks for several weeks because the album is a journey. I will be enjoying straight through from Medellín to I Rise.

:inlove:

Still have to get my physical copy

Looking forward to it all later today

It's lovely to read this type of reactions

Such an exciting start of a new Madonna era

First reactions: 

1. Im thinking this album is a grower. 

2. There are several tracks that strike me as conceptually keyed in to the albums themes (Killers, Extreme Occident, Faz Gostoso, Bitch I’m Loca, Looking for Mercy) but that are...how do I say...skippers. 

3. “God Control” might be the best song of her career, but “Come Alive” might be my favorite. 

Time will tell. 

34 minutes ago, Shane said:

This album is a masterpiece.  Even in the age of streaming, I have given Madonna the respect of playing her albums as she has sequenced them, and sometimes as in the case of Hard Candy and MDNA, I had to work at understanding the sequencing.  Madame X sequencing is perfect as fuck, like ROL, Music, AL, and Confessions.  What a journey!  I don’t really think I’ll start playing individual tracks for several weeks because the album is a journey. I will be enjoying straight through from Medellín to I Rise.

Crave sounds so full-bodied after KWAP. I'm falling in love with it all over again.

I’m kind of at a loss for words. I just finished the whole album, But this is one of the best albums for her of all time and it’s in my top 5. Absolutely stunning, innovative, experimental. 

It's a worldy journey of sonic goodness thats boldly in your face one moment and delicately melodic the other. BRAVA MADONNA!!!:headbang: Now I just need my hands on physical copies.

Theres a song for every mood on this album! 

I'd already heard Bitch I'm Loca and wasn't much a fan. Now I'm going around the office boogy woogying to the thing! :lol:

tenor.gif

Cannot get enough of this album!! :dramatic:❤️

:Disco_Ball:

6 hours ago, juliebean said:

hmmm. that's strange i'm looking to buy the standard does it show up on the site for you?

Yes, the standard, special edition. vinyl and rainbow vinyl show up on Target.com