Madame X album general discussion

Okay, first listen complete. The album is incredible and Future and Crave work much better as part of the album as a whole. 

Faves on first listen - Dark Ballet, God Control, Come Alive, Batuka, IDSIF.

Two criticisms - IDSIF should be 5 mins longer! Love it. I Rise should have been scrapped - it’s the worst song on the record by far and I still think it sounds like a RH reject. The album would end perfectly on Looking For Mercy

Just listened to it... Awesome! :bow: The production is impeccable and I don’t find the autotune excessive at all. The only songs I found skippable are Come Alive, Gostoso and Loca. 

I have been a Madonna fan since like a prayer and have loved the promotion of this era and looks which give me erotica vibes. However I really don't like the majority of the album I'm afraid so will sit this one out. Glad of the positive reviews and vibes on here and that she is doing something different  but this just isn't for me. 😞

1 minute ago, reinventionlad said:

I have been a Madonna fan since like a prayer and have loved the promotion of this era and looks which give me erotica vibes. However I really don't like the majority of the album I'm afraid so will sit this one out. Glad of the positive reviews and vibes on here and that she is doing something different  but this just isn't for me. 😞

What about it disappoints you? Genuinely curious. 

Just now, Ai Papi Si. said:

What about it disappoints you? Genuinely curious. 

I don't like all the autotune and it sounds like she is mumbling in some of the vocals. The experimental nature is certainly different and may grow on me but dark ballet for example has great vocals and the middle section just spoils it for me. Don't want to bring negativity though its just my opinion and glad so many fans are loving it.

2 minutes ago, reinventionlad said:

I don't like all the autotune and it sounds like she is mumbling in some of the vocals. The experimental nature is certainly different and may grow on me but dark ballet for example has great vocals and the middle section just spoils it for me. Don't want to bring negativity though its just my opinion and glad so many fans are loving it.

Interesting. Thanks for taking the time to answer at least! It was not asked in bad faith 👍

Just now, Ai Papi Si. said:

Interesting. Thanks for taking the time to answer at least! It was not asked in bad faith 👍

No worries and enjoy release day! 

Omg I think I’m in the middle of some sort of religious or out of body experience. I’ve just listened to God Control and Jesus Christ she has done it again. One of my favourite Madonna songs EVER!!! The ‘wake up wake up wake up’ bit is insane. I’ve still got the rest of the album to go, this is going to be a trip.

If the album has ONLY one track and it's God Control I will still be HAPPY ! It's her riskiest album yet and I love it.

God Control is an experience . It's not just a track . Mind Blowing .

For me the stand outs are God Control , I Don't Search I Find , Extreme Occident , Looking For Mercy and also Dark Ballet .

The rest are good but it's odd that they release all those songs first ( Medellin , I Rise etc ) and keep the best ones till last .

Love it.

34 minutes ago, Andra said:

I'm so freaking happy! guys who else is crying and shaking in the corner of happiness???

I'm under medicines so that I can work today, but innerly I am shaking, crying, dancing, trembling. I was not ready for Madame X

After the first listening...

Medellín 1/10

Dark Ballet 7/10

God Control 10/10

Future 7/10

Batuka 3/10

Killers Who Are Partying 10/10

Crave 9/10

Crazy 9/10

Come Alive 8/10

Extreme Occident 10/10

Faz Gostoso 9/10 

Bitch I’m Loca 0/10 (the worst )

I Don’t Search I Find 10/10

Looking for Mercy 11/10 !!!!

I Rise 8/10

Funana 9/10

Back That Up to the Beat 9/10

Ciao Bella 7/10

Like many people has say it: this is her best since coad i can agree that.. of course i loved her rebel heart album too but this is a masterpiece!! Could and should be grammy winning album! 

I kind of feel weird about Medellin now.
Like why ?

I love this album and thank you Madonna for still doing this .