Madame X album general discussion

Any word on the apple interview we got that preview she talks about collaborating with Maluma and how she met him at the VMAS? When will it appear in full? 

Crying. Just heard the full album...

She topped herself again, I love here so much and I’m so proud of her for everything she put in this record. You can feel her pain, her joy, her playfullness throughout and IT’S AMAZING. 

This cd is so full of raw emotion... I’m floored. 

It’s so crazy that after such a brilliant career she still have this will to experiment and has so much to share musically, lyrically and aesthetically. We are so blessed to have her...

Upon first listen faves are:

KILLERS WHO ARE PARTYING  - was expecting to cringe real hard judging by the reviews but I actually cried my eyes out. This music style is to die for and suits her really well. The way she sings those lyrics makes up for their simplicity. This song touches me deeply.

GOD CONTROL... well, you guys said it all, it’s INSANE. Have to listen to it again to process all that disco-choir-crazy galore.

COME ALIVE  not a fan of Body Shop so I was skeptical reading the comparisons. But omg I LOVE it. The rythms, instrumentation, choir... fuck yeah

BATUKA a bit long maybe but the fusion of genres is so well done, it’s brilliant!!!! Sounds like nothing else ever done

IDSIF just all I love from Madonna summed up in one song. Not particularly innovative but what a pleaser ! Amazing lyrics and spoken words. Her sugar is so very raw in this.

Still love FUTURE to death as well  

I love love LOVE the theme of the album. All this allusions to searching, finding, rising above, while going though a wide spectrum of genres, melodies, collaboration. At the end it’s not what you’re looking for or what you find that matters but the journey. And god this album reflects that to perfection.

sorry for the long post but I’m so happy that M is back with such FIERCE and profound music.

Long live the queen

6 minutes ago, Rain said:

Crying. Just heard the full album...

She topped herself again, I love here so much and I’m so proud of her for everything she put in this record. You can feel her pain, her joy, her playfullness throughout and IT’S AMAZING. 

This cd is so full of raw emotion... I’m floored. 

It’s so crazy that after such a brilliant career she still have this will to experiment and has so much to share musically, lyrically and aesthetically. We are so blessed to have her...

Upon first listen faves are:

KILLERS WHO ARE PARTYING  - was expecting to cringe real hard judging by the reviews but I actually cried my eyes out. This music style is to die for and suits her really well. The way she sings those lyrics makes up for their simplicity. This song touches me deeply.

GOD CONTROL... well, you guys said it all, it’s INSANE. Have to listen to it again to process all that disco-choir-crazy galore.

COME ALIVE  not a fan of Body Shop so I was skeptical reading the comparisons. But omg I LOVE it. The rythms, instrumentation, choir... fuck yeah

BATUKA a bit long maybe but the fusion of genres is so well done, it’s brilliant!!!! Sounds like nothing else ever done

IDSIF just all I love from Madonna summed up in one song. Not particularly innovative but what a pleaser ! Amazing lyrics and spoken words. Her sugar is so very raw in this.

Still love FUTURE to death as well  

I love love LOVE the theme of the album. All this allusions to searching, finding, rising above, while going though a wide spectrum of genres, melodies, collaboration. At the end it’s not what you’re looking for or what you find that matters but the journey. And god this album reflects that to perfection.

sorry for the long post but I’m so happy that M is back with such FIERCE and profound music.

Long live the queen

:clap:

2 minutes ago, boy skeffington said:

Ok last minute til US release! So grateful Madonna is here in my lifetime serving such brilliance. Another album first listen memory to bookmark my life!

Yes!  Here we go!

it was only $5 for now and you got the 5 released songs then pay another $6 something when whole album is released

but that page is gone now

4 minutes ago, Aries said:

it was only $5 for now and you got the 5 released songs then pay another $6 something when whole album is released

ah ok. i refreshed after midnight EST and it still said $5.00.

Cleverly placed tracks # 8 (CRAVE), # 9 (CRAZY) & # 10 (COME ALIVE) act as the centrifugal force of MX.

Not too far left nor far right as she warbles in the next track. They keep the musical direction of the album grounded.

The sonic Frankenstein tracks # 2 (DARK BALLET) and # 3 (GOD CONTROL) heighten each other's bizarre, out-of-this-world musical virtues.Their political overtones are balanced out by the swirling, inventive beats and rhythms. Potentially, casual fans and the listening public will find these songs divisive and overblown. 

MX is Madonna's best album this decade. Her investment in each production is palpable. How it stacks up against her all-time greats is up for discussion.  

10 minutes ago, Aries said:

Amazon wouldn’t let me buy an album from my iPhone. 

Digital music is not available for purchase from this device.

did anyone get the digital booklet download with the album...I didn't it keeps saying "not available...this item is being modified"

I'm staying up tonight. I live in Nashville, TN, and I just checked my Itunes account. 

ALL OF THE SONGS  FROM THE DELUXE MADAME X HAVE JUST BEEN AUTOMATICALLY LOADED INTO MY LIBRARY.

I have a snack and a comfy pillow.

I'll let you know what I think in a bit after my first listen.

I'm about to hit play .  .  .