Madame X album general discussion

This album is INSANE.
To me this is the natural progression from American Life sonically.
There a real sense of Freedom artistically here, anyone who thinks she's chasing trends is completely missing the point. This is anti establishment and doesn't sound like anything else right now.
It's too early to say yet but this could equal or even surpass AL and that album is in my Top 5 M albums.

I can't wait to live with this over the next couple of months.

For the life of me, I cannot see how anyone could say Madonna is chasing trends here. In another thread @acko kinda talked about this... pop is all about being accessible, so it kinda makes the concept of trend-chasing a moot point, but even in that context, this album is not even close to being anything pop radio would readily play, even if Ariana Venti Latte released it... 

It's a lot like Music and American Life. Music somehow landed the plane perfectly and got Madonna some hits, but I feel like that was because the atmosphere at the time was welcoming. Madame X sounds like the pressure (and the kids gloves) are OFF. THANK GOD. 

32 minutes ago, humanracin said:

This album is INSANE.
To me this is the natural progression from American Life sonically.
There a real sense of Freedom artistically here, anyone who thinks she's chasing trends is completely missing the point. This is anti establishment and doesn't sound like anything else right now.
It's too early to say yet but this could equal or even surpass AL and that album is in my Top 5 M albums.

I can't wait to live with this over the next couple of months.

All 18 songs are amazing and Ciao Bella is a fantastic closer.  I am effing blown away.  I just am.  Every second of this album is Life.  It makes me feel connected to people in a unique way.  It is simultaneously both classical and modern.  A graceful album that comes back with a mean ass right hook.  I am knocked out and do not want to be revived.  What a journey!

13 minutes ago, sul8323 said:

All 18 songs are amazing and Ciao Bella is a fantastic closer.  I am effing blown away.  I just am.  Every second of this album is Life.  It makes me feel connected to people in a unique way.  It is simultaneously both classical and modern.  A graceful album that comes back with a mean ass right hook.  I am knocked out and do not want to be revived.  What a journey!

👏

Well I've heard it in full and it's fucking fantastic. :dramatic: So deeply Madonna sounding, well-produced, varied and layered, diverse but with the current of MADONNA throughout. They really paid attention to the sequencing this time because even though there are a lot of sounds going on, it feels like a cohesive work.

Snippets could never do it justice - some songs change so much from minute to minute - God Control morphs into a different song altogether and then merges with the first by the end. Extreme Occident when the drums and tambourine kick in - fabulous. Medellín as we know doesn't even have a chorus until 2:30 in, and Dark Ballet goes nuts.

There were several moments when it all went a different way than I expected. She brought it this time.

My favourite songs upon first listen are God Control, Extreme Occident, and I Don't Search I Find.

2 minutes ago, MadFan said:

Well I've heard it in full and it's fucking fantastic. :dramatic: So deeply Madonna sounding, well-produced, varied and layered, diverse but with the current of MADONNA throughout. They really paid attention to the sequencing this time because even though there are a lot of sounds going on, it feels like a cohesive work.

Snippets could never do it justice - some songs change so much from minute to minute - God Control morphs into a different song altogether and then merges with the first by the end. Extreme Occident when the drums and tambourine kick in - fabulous. Medellín as we know doesn't even have a chorus until 2:30 in, and Dark Ballet goes nuts.

There were several moments when it all went a different way than I expected. She brought it this time.

My favourite songs upon first listen are God Control, Extreme Occident, and I Don't Search I Find.

👏

11 minutes ago, MadFan said:

I'm so excited to listen to! :tigger:

Impatiently waiting for another 4 hours for a proper listen (I did stream the deluxe once whenever it leaked). Listening to her entire discography at random until then. Spotlight, shine bright....

Can't wait to hear this in high quality. I went crazy listening to that vinyl rip for about a day but have laid off it for about a day now too so I'm hungry!! Happy to hear the sound quality on the official release seems to be on point. Listening to the official, with good headphones (and prob some herbal stimulation 😎) at midnight is going to be like being touched by Madame X again for the very first time. 

Love reading everyone's reviews/reactions. Getting me excited all over again!!

I am now just ending my first listening. I am shocked. What a great album! And it is really something special to hear her singing in Portuguese (I am from Portugal).
Gosh. I need to rest. What an experience.

My ranking :

Madame X - 8.5/10

Medellin - 8/10

Dark Ballet - 8.5/10

God Control - 9/10

Future - 8/10

Batuka - 8/10

Killers Who Are Partying - 7/10

Crave - 7/10

Crazy - 5/10

Come Alive - 8/10

Extreme Occident - 7/10

Faz Gostoso - 6/10

Bitch I'm Loca - 5/10

I Don't Search I Find - 8/10

Looking For Mercy - 7/10

I Rise - 8/10

Funana - 6/10

Back That Up To The Beat - 5/10

Ciao Bella - 7/10

10 minutes ago, rebelheart said:

My ranking :

Madame X - 8.5/10

Medellin - 8/10

Dark Ballet - 8.5/10

God Control - 9/10

Future - 8/10

Batuka - 8/10

Crave - 7/10

Crazy - 5/10

Come Alive - 8/10

Extreme Occident - 7/10

Faz Gostoso - 6/10

Bitch I'm Loca - 5/10

Looking For Mercy - 7/10

I Rise - 8/10

Funana - 6/10

Ciao Bella - 7/10

Nothing is a 10/10 for you, wow! 🤯🤯🤯

26 minutes ago, rebelheart said:

My ranking :

Madame X - 8.5/10

Medellin - 8/10

Dark Ballet - 8.5/10

God Control - 9/10

Future - 8/10

Batuka - 8/10

Crave - 7/10

Crazy - 5/10

Come Alive - 8/10

Extreme Occident - 7/10

Faz Gostoso - 6/10

Bitch I'm Loca - 5/10

Looking For Mercy - 7/10

I Rise - 8/10

Funana - 6/10

Ciao Bella - 7/10

Crazy 5/10, bish you cray cray! I looooove that song! 

I still think I don't Search I Find is one of her greatest songs of her career. This album sounds so like Madonna and not some wannabe robot like how she's been for a few albums now. To me it's on a level with COADF and ROL. Superb album. 

17 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

Do any other songs besides DB/GC flow into one another?

I couldn't really tell from vinyl rip.

None of them flow into one-another actually, the vinyl rip got that wrong.

Dark Ballet has all the breathing and then God Control starts with M's voice.

OMG OMG THE ALBUM IS LOADED IN MY ITUNES ALREADY!!!’ And I’m in the USA so i thought I would have to wait another 3 hrs for midnight!!!

******disregard******* 

i was looking at the wrong thing sorry i got too excited

Edited by jonur

1 minute ago, jonur said:

OMG OMG THE ALBUM IS LOADED IN MY ITUNES ALREADY!!!’ And I’m in the USA so i thought I would have to wait another 3 hrs for midnight!!!

That's amazing! Go listen and enjoy the brilliance of this album!