Madame X album general discussion

Here are details... I got this email from Madonna site today - Madonna <newsletter@madonna.com>... Hope you all have signed up for an account on Madonna.com site,  so you should get this email to the email address you have on file with the site.  

Get ready to stream Madonna's new album on Friday, June 14th on Amazon Music Unlimited! I did and just signed up for free!!! As a treat to Madonna fans in celebration of Madame X, sign up today for an exclusive 4 months FREE of Amazon Music Unlimited*.

It took me literally 2 minutes to sign up. I am already streaming the songs already released.

Madonna Amazon2.jpg

1 hour ago, robster said:

Funana then HAS to be that track that was playing in that insta video where she asked Mercy what she thought of the music. It has to be, and it sounded awesome in that clip with an accordion. 😍👍🏻

How many singles do you think this album will have? Some at infinity are talking about a 5 single stragety? Could that be? I mean no radio plays her songs

Based on the reviews, it sounds as though the two “bonus” tracks are an essential component of Madame X, so I am wondering if this will be the most pointless “standard” edition of all time.  Other than the great cover photo!

8 minutes ago, Bat-Fan said:

How many singles do you think this album will have? Some at infinity are talking about a 5 single stragety? Could that be? I mean no radio plays her songs

The definition of a single is not what it used to be. It doesn’t need to be serviced to radio to be considered a single. 

1 hour ago, Mat.Guy said:

Medellín is number 8 :rolleyes:

Stop with the nonsense Medellín was a last minute addition to have a hit. That was not the case as Maluma and Madonna have already said it several times in lots of interviews.

Oops my bad!

The 3 bonus tracks have leaked. Ciao Bella and Back that up to the beat (very different from RH demo) are amazing and should have been on the standard edition. 

13 minutes ago, rocKstar said:

The 3 bonus tracks have leaked. Ciao Bella and Back that up to the beat (very different from RH demo) are amazing and should have been on the standard edition. 

Like in MDNA and Rebel Heart. Oh well...

I couldn't resist and listened to god control, come alive and batuka. What a brilliant album I'm listening to the rest now. Easily her best album since Ray of Light. Totally unlike anything she's done before it sounds current but classic, reminds me a lot of Like a Prayer in that sense. What an incredible return. Had kind of lost interest in Madonna though I thought the last album had a few great tunes. Drivel before that I thought. 

Shes totally inspired again. God Control should have been the lead single, a live performance of that with an orchestra, dancers and choir would be insane.

the incredible reviews are deserved. 

Ohhh fuckkkk "I don't search I find" is the best song she has done in 25 years. So so good. Madonna is making cool as fuck music again. This is incredible. This has just become my favourite Madonna song of all time. Ok I will stop with the commentary now. 

Jesus. What an incredible song. 

Did you listen to them?

40 minutes ago, rocKstar said:

Funana sounds fresh! I love how upbeat and futuristic it sounds. She mentions several pop culture icons like Whitney, James Dean, Aretha, Freddie Mercury, and Prince in the song. 

1 hour ago, rocKstar said:

Aaaaaaa! Is she singing in Italian?

Did Rebel Heart release at midnight on Spotify/does anyone think Madame X will be ready at 9PM PST?

Just now, Flip The Switch said:

Yes. Like all the 5 songs released as well. 

Thanks. I presumed so I just wasn't sure. I feel like I read somewhere here that it was speculated it would be later (which would suck, but alas)

Funana is the song from the clip she posted in the studio, where she says: Estere do you like the music?  

Finally!

Edited by rocKstar

for those who have heard, can you compare back that up to the demo? How is it different? Are the lyrics and pace the same as the demo? What has changed? 

1 minute ago, rocKstar said:

for those who have heard, can you compare back that up to the demo? How is it different? Are the lyrics and pace the same as the demo? What has changed? 

For starters, there are panpipes and I think there are more verses in this version?