Madame X album general discussion

10 minutes ago, Stefo said:

Ok, just finished my first listening. This is the record I've been hoping for years, till stopping to wait some time ago. I went on following her, deeply liking just a few songs each album since Ray of Light. And yet I stayed cause she repersents so much for me and because her voice, attitude and live shows are peerless. But now this is a full return to the music: this is the Madonna I've always been here for and I'm incredibly happy to meet her agian after all this time. 

As, after a vary flat and low phase, Rebel Heart was a return to form, in terms of melodic solidity and catchy hooks (worsen by the heaviest production possible), Madame X is a statement of musical freedom, curiosity, maturity and boldness; as Rebel Heart was at the continuous reasearch of impact effects and emotional picks, Madame X is anticlimatic and rarefied, deconstructed and full of unpredictable turns; as Rebel Heart was discontinuous and chaotic, Madame X is a full run, a coherent and flowing experience. I'm surprised by how all the genres presented in the album seem to integrate each other in such a smooth and graceful way. I can't understand whoever think she is interested in charts with this ... for me this is the zone of the same girl that, after Like a Prayer, at the top of her career, released a cold, metallic and uncompromising work as Erotica.

This albun could not find better locations than theatres and it's really gonna be an experience this time (waiting for you Lisbon!!). I can see her going deep in her back catalogue to some good old songs (Secret, Rain, The power of goodbye), a pair of deep cuts (To have and not to hold, Love profusion, Rescue me, even Secret Garden or Pray for Spanish Eyes would meet the mood) and really revisited versions of major classics. I had not heard any other song except Medellin till now, so I simply wanna add, having read some disappointment about the structure of Dark Ballet, that the song is a ballet indeed, not to be heard as a traditional track imo. I wouldn't compare it to an interlude. Here and then the lyrics are cringy, it's got to be said, but the whole thing breaths life in and out: love, courage, commitment, sharing, sensuality, hope, strenght.

God Control, I don't search I find, Dark Ballet, Crave, Killers, Extreme Occident, Future, Come Alive and Faz Gostoso are my first listening favourites... welcome back M, where the f...ck have you been?!

Great review! ❤️

well I caved and listened to the album, still bought my 3 copies and will stream the hell out of it when it's released.  

what an excitingly odd album, like nothing she's given us before but somehow fits right into her discography well.

Not particularly fond of: I Rise, Future, Killers Who Are Partying, God Control. But absolutely love the rest

Just now, idro said:

I have no idea maybe it s not her but that s the font

I already lost my mind lol it's a photo from that account....

The album is very experimental. Will be alienating for some in the same way I think American Life was. But it is strikingly brilliant in its detour from traditional pop song structure. 

My only complaint is the auto tune on almost every track. However, I’m sure it will grow on me.

Killers Who Are Partying and I Don’t Search I Find are stand outs for me 

Guest eroticerotic
10 hours ago, Je5u5 said:

Erm....

Delete delete delete! I updated my post with the words I was looking for 😬

1 hour ago, rocKstar said:

Will we have the 3 bonus tracks in 37 hours, when the album is out in itunes in New Zealand? Or on Friday? 

I don’t think we’ll have these songs readily available. The Rebel Heart EP took a month to come out on ITunes. We’ll see how they handle the situation this time around!

10 songs that completely took my breath away!! Waiting for the album to come out so I can listen to the whole thing on a loop!! What an incredible work of art!!

3F4B8C8C-91D7-4DCE-9AC4-C443C70F526B.png

1 hour ago, FeTuoni said:

I don’t think we’ll have these songs readily available. The Rebel Heart EP took a month to come out on ITunes. We’ll see how they handle the situation this time around!

I know I hope they are able to be streamed at some point. I wish Autotune Baby was on Spotify. I will have to rely on Youtube for them until my cd arrives. Even then I don't have a cd player in the house. 

2 hours ago, blackmamba109 said:

The album is very experimental. Will be alienating for some in the same way I think American Life was. But it is strikingly brilliant in its detour from traditional pop song structure. 

My only complaint is the auto tune on almost every track. However, I’m sure it will grow on me.

Killers Who Are Partying and I Don’t Search I Find are stand outs for me 

I am in love with Looking for Mercy.  Killers makes me cry but I love it.  Can't wait to hear cdq on Thursday night.

The album is FUCKING BRILLIANT! what a surprise, i was prepared for the worse and maybe allowing some time to let the song grow on me, instead I got through it wanting to go back and listen again. There is so much to it, so many music layers, languages, world music, EDM, 70s disco and so much Mirwais!

Up there with her bests!

6 minutes ago, wash said:

The album is FUCKING BRILLIANT! what a surprise, i was prepared for the worse and maybe allowing some time to let the song grow on me, instead I got through it wanting to go back and listen again. There is so much to it, so many music layers, languages, world music, EDM, 70s disco and so much Mirwais!

Up there with her bests!

I have no regrets in my 5 pre-orders.  I am over the moon.  The album from start to finish is fantastic.  I really do not believe that any other single individual in pop music could have come up with this.  Brilliance.  This album is beyond any of my expectations and I am a Madonna fan so my expectations are insane.  I cannot wait to hear this in glorious CDQ.  I just love her so much.

Edited by sul8323

I just CAN'T with all the excitement going around for MX!  It's making it harder for me to wait until Friday!  

I know it's weird, but you know what I'm looking forward to?  To really getting to know the album well and, then, rearranging the track-listing.  😉 

There isn't an M album I do not like/love.  Buuuut, I've always had an issue with the way she orders her songs (track-listing).  That hasn't changed, for me, in over over 30 years and I don't expect MX to be any different.  Once I rearrange the track-listing to make it sonically flow better for ME, that's when I truly fall in love with the album - and THAT'S what I can't wait for. 😄 

Amazing AMAZING album!

• Her best one since Confessions (might make my all time top 3)
  • Her most creative one since Music (Mirwais is a GOD!)
  • So much diversity, yet so cohesive at the same time

My rating of the songs:

• Medellín 10/10 An underrated GEM that gets better with each listen
  • Dark Ballet 9/10 Such an unique song. Other would never dare to do something like this
  • God Control 10/10 This blew my mind. Should be the next single!
  • Future 8/10 A fun ride. Sad to be so maligned by Eurovision because it's a great song
  • Batuka 10/10 The surprise of the album. Amazing production!
  • Killers Who Are Partying 7/10. I really like it even though I get why some hate the lyrics. The weakest one for me.
  • Crave 9/10 Pop perfection! Also gets better with more listens
  • Crazy 8/10 Madonna showing the Pop Princesses how to make a great record
  • Come Alive 9/10 The right version of Body Shop (which I hated on Rebel Heart)
  • Extreme Occident 10/10 Words cannot describe how much I love this song
  • Faz Gostoso 8/10 FUN!
  • Bitch I'm Loca 9/10 Sealing Maluma as Madonna's best featured artist ever
  • I Don't Search I Find 10/10 HEAVEN
  • Looking for Mercy 8/10 Another surprise which also gets better with more and more plays
  • I Rise 8/10 Strong song to end this Magic album.

Anyone rating this album less than an 8 is crazy.

I Don't Find I Search is Bedtime Story on crack with full out Vogue beats, i never would have expected anything like this from her at this point

I'm in awe. Her best since Music for me. I don't like to drag down her last couple of albums while elevating this one but, really, when was the last time an album of hers sounded this fresh and bold? It doesn't sound like anything that's out there, it's really experimental yet so catchy at the same time. She really set another high bar for herself.

Just now, berke said:

I'm in awe. Her best since Music for me. I don't like to drag down her last couple of albums while elevating this one but, really, when was the last time an album of hers sounded this fresh and bold? It doesn't sound like anything that's out there, it's really experimental yet so catchy at the same time. She really set another high bar for herself.

I agree with you 100%

Thats why I said earlier, this is a game changer for her. None of us really had reactions this much in consensus with Rebel Heart. I can't remember the MDNA reaction. The HC reaction I remember well. Her last 3 albums have been really polarizing for fans. I can't see a scenario where this one is divisive like those. It's every Madonna fan's fantasies come true. Something for everyone. Even Bitch I'm Loca is fun and cute.

It's a fucking masterpiece. The marriage of Music and Erotica.