Madame X album general discussion

Madonna gives the fans a huge present on Friday. I’m so thankful. I’m so happy. I want her to know just how much we love her. She puts her heart and soul into her work. If anyone has connection to M on these boards be sure to let her know.

23 minutes ago, the-queen said:

We’re going to get there, not long now. Release day is going to be like a religious experience. 

I'm waiting,:rotfl: and so is my bf (I told him he can sleep on the sofa if he doesn't respect our deal)
It's his fault we can't listen on Friday, and I refuse 2 listen 2 some DL of streaming shit. So we're
doing a physical copy on SATURDAY, ugh.

I KNOW

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, acko said:

I'm waiting,:rotfl: and so is my bf (I told him he can sleep on the sofa if he doesn't respect our deal)
It's his fault we can't listen on Friday, and I refuse 2 listen 2 some DL of streaming shit. So we're

I KNOW

giphy.gif

:rotfl:that gif

omg I can't believe you're waiting til Saturday. you're going to piss yourself. Id turn off the internet if you can.. Don't even get any expectations. Listen like I did, knowing basically nothing. 

2 minutes ago, acko said:

I KNOW

giphy.gif

Patience my friend. It will pay off. You'll be induced in an otherworldly coma.

Just now, Ai Papi Si. said:

:rotfl:that gif

omg I can't believe you're waiting til Saturday. you're going to piss yourself. Id turn off the internet if you can.. Don't even get any expectations. Listen like I did, knowing basically nothing. 

I'm just reading DIAGONALLY though, honestly u hussies rare getting me pumped, It make me feel like a wet virgin waiting desperately 2 get fucked.

Just now, acko said:

I'm just reading DIAGONALLY though, honestly u hussies rare getting me pumped, It make me feel like a wet virgin waiting desperately 2 get fucked.

:lmao:Yeah this album is kinda like that. It slaps you in the face like a huge cack 

I think a lot of us fans maybe had a sneaking suspicion that Madonna's creative curiosity had run dry in terms of her music (I admit, my mind went there a lot), this album is the perfect smug answer to that clearly wrong suspicion. This is her most innovative work since 2000-2002 (Music, Die Another Day)

About the videos,

Didn't she also film during the blood moon in that isolated place in Lisbon with all the graffitis? Cause we haven't seen what that was for.

And as people said the God Control video.

And in the teaser there was also the Handmaid's Tale style costume thing we haven't seen her wear.

I'm soooo eager to know what those are for. Maybe for backdrops but I'd prefer music videos 😜😜

As mentioned before , I relocate from the UK to Spain in 40 days. What an album to remember this moment in time

AL came out on my 14th birthday 

And Medellin around my 30th And now this beautiful world music extravaganza to take me on my next journey! 

Love you Madonna.

54 minutes ago, Martin B. said:

I have not listened to anything other than the officially available songs but to read you, it becomes more and more difficult to resist until Friday. :lol:

It’s torture!!!

But it gets me so excited, I can’t believe all the praise I read here, seems to good to be true. Please please please don’t you all lie to me, I want to believe the hype, I need every word to be REAL.

1 minute ago, Lolo said:

It’s torture!!!

But it gets me so excited, I can’t believe all the praise I read here, seems to good to be true. Please please please don’t you all lie to me, I want to believe the hype, I need every word to be REAL.

Believe the hype. It's her better work since confession

1 minute ago, Lolo said:

It’s torture!!!

It's real. This is not like Rebel Heart, MDNA, or Hard Candy. I can't put it any other way, it's Madonna back to being hungry and creative. It's just not what you expect. Throw expectations out the window, you're never going to know what you're in for. 

I caved and listened to the album 😭

Can t wait to receive my super deluxe edition on friday though 😍 the  32 pages booklet 😍

THE ALBUM IS A MASTERPIECE.

4 minutes ago, Ai Papi Si. said:

It's real. This is not like Rebel Heart, MDNA, or Hard Candy. I can't put it any other way, it's Madonna back to being hungry and creative. It's just not what you expect. Throw expectations out the window, you're never going to know what you're in for. 

Oh My God...

tenor.gif

The positive reviews from fans have got me SO excited!! Can't wait for Friday!

I'm waiting til Friday(unless I cave soon ha).  For now,  I'm so enjoying reading everyone's thoughts so far. Thanks all.and thank you Madonna!! 🙏🦋❤️😘✨💫

41 minutes ago, Lolo said:

It’s torture!!!

IKR

Fortunately, I am traveling which makes it easier to be reasonable and wait friday. With this album, I wanted to find back the pleasure of hearing the singles and the album only when they were released. In an age of instant gratification, there are so few opportunities to experience the pleasure of anticipation.

The fact that the glorious Batuka AND IDSIF are not singles still is ABSURD. She did a video for Batuka, right????? The video on the shore??????

This album makes her the trend setter again since AL.

It's just perfect and clever. 

But seriously, I know you guys looooove the "theater tour" but this album deserves a HUGE stage and lots of dates around the globe because it will be super acclaimed, no dout.

Every pop girl will do something "influenced" by it and artists will praise her all around. It's perfection!

2 minutes ago, Humberto77rj said:

This album makes her the trend setter again since AL.

It's just perfect and clever. 

But seriously, I know you guys looooove the "theater tour" but this album deserves a HUGE stage and lots of dates around the globe because it will be super acclaimed, no dout.

Every pop girl will do something "influenced" by it and artists will praise her all around. It's perfection!

This 🙏 this album is so much more socially aware and though provoking than anything Beyoncé has released. The younger generation of pop stars  will study this album for years to come 

Ok, just finished my first listening. This is the record I've been hoping for years, till stopping to wait some time ago. I went on following her, deeply liking just a few songs each album since Ray of Light. And yet I stayed cause she repersents so much for me and because her voice, attitude and live shows are peerless. But now this is a full return to the music: this is the Madonna I've always been here for and I'm incredibly happy to meet her agian after all this time. 

As, after a vary flat and low phase, Rebel Heart was a return to form, in terms of melodic solidity and catchy hooks (worsen by the heaviest production possible), Madame X is a statement of musical freedom, curiosity, maturity and boldness; as Rebel Heart was at the continuous reasearch of impact effects and emotional picks, Madame X is anticlimatic and rarefied, deconstructed and full of unpredictable turns; as Rebel Heart was discontinuous and chaotic, Madame X is a full run, a coherent and flowing experience. I'm surprised by how all the genres presented in the album seem to integrate each other in such a smooth and graceful way. I can't understand whoever think she is interested in charts with this ... for me this is the zone of the same girl that, after Like a Prayer, at the top of her career, released a cold, metallic and uncompromising work as Erotica.

This albun could not find better locations than theatres and it's really gonna be an experience this time (waiting for you Lisbon!!). I can see her going deep in her back catalogue to some good old songs (Secret, Rain, The power of goodbye), a pair of deep cuts (To have and not to hold, Love profusion, Rescue me, even Secret Garden or Pray for Spanish Eyes would meet the mood) and really revisited versions of major classics. I had not heard any other song except Medellin till now, so I simply wanna add, having read some disappointment about the structure of Dark Ballet, that the song is a ballet indeed, not to be heard as a traditional track imo. I wouldn't compare it to an interlude. Here and then the lyrics are cringy, it's got to be said, but the whole thing breaths life in and out: love, courage, commitment, sharing, sensuality, hope, strenght.

God Control, I don't search I find, Dark Ballet, Crave, Killers, Extreme Occident, Future, Come Alive and Faz Gostoso are my first listening favourites... welcome back M, where the f...ck have you been?!

A masterpiece of an album.

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! 

So weird, so experimental, yet SO enjoyable! 

The way the music switches and she goes from English, to Portuguese, to Spanish with such ease.

This is Madonna’s weirdest album ever! But it works and it’s cohesive. Definitely her best since Confessions. The tracks they release before don’t really make it justice. I need to listen to it again cuz that was a lot to take in.

but I am SO happy. Omg

Incredibly jealous of all you CUNTS in here hahaha jk jk love my Madonna family even as I wait till Friday in the longest week of all time!