“Killers Who Are Partying” thread

Guest eroticerotic

I'll post my full version up soon; but still working on  original instrumentation. not sure if I want to include it in my second LP, getting a cover approval might be. a headache but will see! this song brings out the latin in me for some reason. 

• 1 month later...

Together with Crazy this is the song that surprised me the most. I really loved it from the moment I first listened to it. I know some people find the lyrics tacky, but I think the lyrics are just unpretentious and somehow naive, as if a child would speak. The production is amazing and very creative and clever. I don't know if you guys know music theory but this song mixes a melody in 3/4 measure with the beats in 2/4. It is really a very nice effect

On 11/4/2019 at 4:56 AM, eroticerotic said:

I'll post my full version up soon; but still working on  original instrumentation. not sure if I want to include it in my second LP, getting a cover approval might be. a headache but will see! this song brings out the latin in me for some reason. 

Great work, keep it up!👍You have a beautiful voice, keep us in touch! I love Killers' production, so melancolic. Fado fits Madonna so well, it was made for her!

On 11/3/2019 at 10:56 PM, eroticerotic said:

Wonderful voice my talented friend. 😘

Guest eroticerotic
On 12/4/2019 at 6:43 PM, Mr.X said:

Great work, keep it up!👍You have a beautiful voice, keep us in touch! I love Killers' production, so melancolic. Fado fits Madonna so well, it was made for her!

On 12/5/2019 at 8:12 PM, ctg12 said:

Wonderful voice my talented friend. 😘

Thank u both 🥰

• 1 month later...

This song and God Control might be her best work all decade. This song has been a rising star of this album. Its like the peak of it and draws the listener in. Her voice in portuguese with the thumping beat in the background. That amazing accordion. And whatever that other instrument is a portuguese guitar? Creates an absolutely revolutionary song. Its out pf this world and unlike anything I’ve ever heard

2 minutes ago, Master Dita said:

This song and God Control might be her best work all decade. This song has been a rising star of this album. Its like the peak of it and draws the listener in. Her voice in portuguese with the thumping beat in the background. That amazing accordion. And whatever that other instrument is a portuguese guitar? Creates an absolutely revolutionary song. Its out pf this world and unlike anything I’ve ever heard

Couldn’t agree more. 

On 4 November 2019 at 2:56 PM, eroticerotic said:

You have a beautiful voice. I often play your song  Melt which I enjoy a lot. This suits your voice perfectly. 

Guest eroticerotic
16 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

You have a beautiful voice. I often play your song  Melt which I enjoy a lot. This suits your voice perfectly. 

🥰 ty! ❤️

from the title I presume that this song is a dance banger but it's another I................ song (like I'm so stupid)

On 1/28/2020 at 6:53 PM, alen said:

from the title I presume that this song is a dance banger but it's another I................ song (like I'm so stupid)

Me too! Instead of that, we discovered a surprising song! One of the strongest tracks of the album imo.

• 4 months later...

Ever since I noticed the throat clearing sound at 3:00, I have felt very disturbed when I hear this song. It's all I can think about when I listen to it. I do still like the song very much though.

one of the songs that surprised me most ( I thought it was a dance tune too), I never ever could wonder about her singing fado, to hear her voice in my language makes me emotional. it's growing to become one of my favourite on her extense repertoire

It's a beautiful track. I remember it getting a lot of flak so when I heard it for the first time I was pleasantly surprised. I got the chance to see/hear her perform it live in Lisbon and the vocal effects were dialled down a lot. It sounded even better that way. Her voice is beautiful on it. I hope the eventual live release sounds like it did on the night.

The instrumental specifically is so damn good. I love it. very melancholic, very theatrical.. oh, and there's nothing bad about those lyrics. maybe a little native and simple, but that's part of it's charm