“Killers Who Are Partying” thread

On 6/14/2019 at 2:05 PM, Toni said:

Its beautiful, very Cuban, reminds me of the Che Guevara song Hasta Siemepre.

I'm so glad you mentioned this. So I'm not the only one who thought about old political songs. 

one of my favorites !!! .I was pleasantly surprised at he fact it was teased during the introduction to madame x

I fail to c how the lyrics are cringy. Unless empathy is an Alien concept. Even the explanation is in there. I KNOW WHAT I AM AND I KNOW WHAT I'M NOT. The question is 'Do u know who you are? *Do u know, Diane?'*

36 minutes ago, acko said:

I fail to c how the lyrics are cringy. Unless empathy is an Alien concept. Even the explanation is in there. I KNOW WHAT I AM AND I KNOW WHAT I'M NOT. The question is 'Do u know who you are? *Do u know, Diane?'*

Yeah she can't be more plain in terms of intent and understanding. 

I love this song now. I knew it would end up becoming a favourite. 

1 hour ago, acko said:

Cringe is now a dismissive buzzword to discard her. The song is classic Madonna message ... we are one and I will fight for you.

Sadly empathy IS becoming an alien concept. 

My fave. This is how I imagined this album when she talked about it being born in Portugal. This song is all kinds of perfection. The Fado mixed Mirwais-style, Madonna's beautiful voice, the lyrics, all so amazing. 

This is one of my favorites too, I love the electronic-fado combination. Those clap sounds are incredible and the "Eu sei o que sou e o que não sou" part in Portuguese sounds lovely. 

Towards the end, it sounds like she is singing “you are safe.”  Or is that an additional lyric in portuguese that I am hearing incorrectly.

3 minutes ago, rocknrolla said:

This is even worse than I thought I finally listened to it all

yeah I can already see the meltdowns for what I'm going to say but I can see the Metacritic score increasing between 5 to 10 points were this song not included, it's just there to show how impeccable god control Is in comparison

21 minutes ago, Shane said:

It’s amazing.  One of her all time best collaborations with Mirwais.

Was thinking this yesterday. The harmonies, hand claps, and finger snaps that work their way into the second half of the song are heavenly. So happy she included this stunning track. Structurally an absolute standout on the album.

1 hour ago, Shane said:

Towards the end, it sounds like she is singing “you are safe.”  Or is that an additional lyric in portuguese that I am hearing incorrectly.

She is saying " Eu sei o que sou"( I know what I am).

I just dont understand how the critics could not interpret the meaning of this song correctly. Its so obvious - literally explained in the lyrics. And so beautifully done. Just proves that people will always try and project their own prejudices onto her.

It's bizarre and confusing for me. It's grown on me a lot and I actually love it now, the accordion, her voice, it's all enchanting and a bit unsettling. The lyrics at first really confused me, but it's clearer to me now that she's saying that she'll use her voice for those who need it/can't speak up for themselves.

She is just so odd haha The cutesy way she sings "if the poor are humiliated," is a strange choice for her delivery and I'm not sure how to interpret it? "Native Indian"....is not really something one says, and "if the Indian are taken"? Honey they been taken from their land for hundreds of years and I've literally never heard her say anything about it, and if she did she'd learn its Native American but hey...the intention is clear and it's a beautiful message. Her vocals and the production combined with that message make for something really stunning, but that I am still unpacking. 

35 minutes ago, Crozzauk said:

I just dont understand how the critics could not interpret the meaning of this song correctly. Its so obvious - literally explained in the lyrics. And so beautifully done. Just proves that people will always try and project their own prejudices onto her.

I really, really like this album, and I get the meaning, but for me (and probaby most of the critics), it is just shockingly bad.