“Killers Who Are Partying” thread

19 hours ago, Bitch I'm Christian said:

I was anticipating the worst after almost every review singled this song out as a weak moment on the album, but it's actually one of my favourites! I don't hear a 'white saviour', I hear empathy and the idea that discrimination ultimately weakens us all, no matter our identity.

And my gosh, the music! This is the snippet from the Madame X teaser that caught my ear the most, and I love the full song.

That’s the limited thinking these “reviewers” have. Some of them don’t have a musicians ear. They rate lyrics like it was some book review. What they fail to do is connect the music with the words and how the melody carries the somber yet hopeful tone of this song. It’s romantic, eerie, somber, hopeful and elegant at the same time. No one can make a song like M. This is why she will always be ahead of the game creating new genres with the help of the genius that is Mirwais. 

On 6/13/2019 at 11:09 PM, CalinB said:

OMG....PERFECTION!!!   I have not listened to the rest of the album yet... I am stuck on this song.  THIS MUST BE  A SINGLE... sooo haunting. I hope it has a video.

It neeeeeeds a video so bad. A Steven Klein Video. Or even a Jean Baptise Mondino one.

23 hours ago, Fever said:

I think I'm still expecting Killers to be the DISCO BANGER 😂😂😂😂

Me too.. I hope it is.

I'm still dying at all the posts we had with people claiming this was a disco song.

5 hours ago, stevo208 said:

Does anyone have a translation for what she's singing in the chorus? 

O mundo é selvagem. - Wild is the world

O Caminho é solitário - Lonely is the path

/BRIDGE/

Eu sei o que sou  - I Know what I am

E o que não sou - And I know what I am not

:)

18 minutes ago, ARCPort1 said:

O mundo é selvagem. - Wild is the world

O Caminho é solitário - Lonely is the path

/BRIDGE/

Eu sei o que sou  - I Know what I am

E o que não sou - And I know what I am not

🙂

Thank you

I'm feeling this today. It's a total mood.

I absolutely love this song, the production is amazing with that distorted accordion in the middle and the lyrics are really strong and meaningful. As someone said earlier, she's empathizing with other marginalized groups (of which she is one) and showing solidarity with them.

I think people who call the lyrics "cringey" are simply having a visceral reaction to them and they should. It's not a universal concept that we should love one another and feel one another's pain, that one group of mistreated and abused people should identify with another and be stronger for it. People are more comfortable throwing around divisive phrases like "white savior" and choosing to separate people instead of uniting them.

I hope she performs this live and am looking forward to a really powerful moment.

15 minutes ago, Priceless said:

I absolutely love this song, the production is amazing with that distorted accordion in the middle and the lyrics are really strong and meaningful. As someone said earlier, she's empathizing with other marginalized groups (of which she is one) and showing solidarity with them.

I think people who call the lyrics "cringey" are simply having a visceral reaction to them and they should. It's not a universal concept that we should love one another and feel one another's pain, that one group of mistreated and abused people should identify with another and be stronger for it. People are more comfortable throwing around divisive phrases like "white savior" and choosing to separate people instead of uniting them.

I hope she performs this live and am looking forward to a really powerful moment.

I think "IM A DEMOCRACY" in the middle of GC is cringe 😊 the lyrics are fine, maybe a little literal, but fine.

18 minutes ago, Nikki said:

I think "IM A DEMOCRACY" in the middle of GC is cringe 😊 the lyrics are fine, maybe a little literal, but fine.

It’s “a new democracy”

This track (sonically) reminds me of the old islamic Al-Andalus and its culture. It's like mentally travelling to Seville. I went there 4 years ago and i fell in love with that city immediately

Edited by SabihaSultan

SJW lose the point, as always, because this song is about minorities supporting other minorities when an injustice happens. Madonna is the woman raped whose heart was broken. And she'll support any injustice just like other minorities should step up and support others. 

I hate the SJW mentality criticising this lyrics  with all my guts because there's nothing more basic and in the end UNJUST! 

21 minutes ago, SabihaSultan said:

This track (sonically) reminds me of the old islamic Al-Andalus and its culture. It's like mentally travelling to Seville. I went there 4 years ago and i fell in love with that city immediately

It's a Portuguese fado. Maybe some sounds from Seville may be something similar (I'm not sure) but it's pure fado, with the melancholic inflection too 

I think this is my favorite track from the album so far. Such an interesting production with so many different influences. Plus, I am very pleased when it comes to singing in languages other than English.

This was not a song I expected to like from the early critic reviews but I actually love it!  The lyrics on paper, may seem a little cringey or too literal but her earnest delivery and the warm guitar makes it very poignant  and beautiful.  Does anyone have a theory about what the title means?  I take it as those that are oppressing the marginalized have no remorse but rather revel in their cruelty and ignorance.  It's seems like maybe one of the paradoxes she has been referencing in her interviews.  I'd love to hear other's opinions also on this.   

On 6/14/2019 at 1:23 PM, Shane said:

Her vocals in the chorus are magnificent and should silence people on that front.  Not just the beautiful Portuguese lines but the “I know who I am” refrain and then when she comes in to do her own background vocals “God knows who I am.”

So agree!!  :clap:

9 hours ago, Andgon144 said:

the lyrics and the production are like dark, twisted western tale

a fucking masterpiece

I get Quentin Tarantino vibes from this song. It blows my mind how good this song is. 

Her accent singing “o mundo é selvagem” and “o caminho é solitário” is completely wrong and cute lol

Actually sounds like she is singing “o mundo é só vagem” and “o cominho é solitário”

In Brazil vagem is a very common vegetable with beans and cominho is a type of cooking condiment

😂😂😂😂

5556EA86-7D68-40C3-B6CD-0579DD62BF85.jpeg

A0AEC406-4240-44D3-9712-99C0D52ED19D.jpeg

This track is both gorgeous and devastating. It really shakes me up and is probably her most painful lyric to date. I hate it when reviewers criticize her by saying that a privileged white woman shouldn't steal minority agendas. How cynical can one be? This song stems from common pain that we all share, regardless of wealth or color. Something about Killers reminds me of the political songs of the 70's, especially those from Latin America. That's probably just a coincidence but for all these reasons this if one of the tracks I cherish the most on this album.

There is absolutely nothing cringey about this gorgeous, moving song. One of the most rattling tracks on the album. Completely necessary and meaningful in 2019.