“Killers Who Are Partying” thread

19 hours ago, MamboDoesItBetter said:

Such a gorgeous track. I’m haunted by it at first listen ❤️🔮 truly an artist M is.

OMG....PERFECTION!!!   I have not listened to the rest of the album yet... I am stuck on this song.  THIS MUST BE  A SINGLE... sooo haunting. I hope it has a video.

This track is wonderful. And the lyrics are not cringe at all, they fit the music perfectly

This was an instant standout for me and probably one of the most layered things she has ever done. The Fado influence is gorgeous.

For those who want great vocal moments, you need look no further than this song.

I was anticipating the worst after almost every review singled this song out as a weak moment on the album, but it's actually one of my favourites! I don't hear a 'white saviour', I hear empathy and the idea that discrimination ultimately weakens us all, no matter our identity.

And my gosh, the music! This is the snippet from the Madame X teaser that caught my ear the most, and I love the full song.

32 minutes ago, Bitch I'm Christian said:

Just listened in the dark through headphones and realised I was holding my breath at times, the song is just so jaw-droppingly brilliant. Out-fucking-standing! 

I'm going to do this tonight! 😄

Her vocals in the chorus are magnificent and should silence people on that front.  Not just the beautiful Portuguese lines but the “I know who I am” refrain and then when she comes in to do her own background vocals “God knows who I am.”

3 hours ago, TXIII said:

And the reference to Nina Simone’s Wild is the Wind! My queen referencing another of my all time favorite artists! 

Yes!!!!!!

This is just gorgeous in every sense, I actually quite appreciate the simplicity of the lyrics (no not cringe, not white savior) it feels very unfair to criticise the words but leave out the pre-chorus, they are the punchline to the song! I can only imagine that people based their review on one listen during a listening party, and the song being in the middle, the islam and indian line stuck out? I don't know, I'm not gonna break my head over it anymore lol. But this is def one of the best tracks on MX