“Come Alive” thread

At one hand I really love the production and the "ethnic" vibe of this song, on the other hand it lacks something I can't explain and because of that this is one of the songs I almost never listen to...

• 1 month later...
On 10/12/2019 at 12:04 PM, Lolo said:

Umm, seriously, this is your COMPLAINT? How can you NOT want this to go on forever? I love that chorus, I wish it would last for hours, it’s so celestial. 

Lol exactly 

On 11/27/2019 at 5:32 PM, sillynate said:

Is she singing about smoking weed at the beginning? 

I’m in the sky where I oughta be at (she’s high?)

Rocket ship taking off in that 

is the rocket ship line a reference to this song? 

lol no, means she’s on top. 

Just listened to it this evening again after a while, this is definitely growing to one of my favorite songs off the record.

The variety of instruments and different layers give this song such a rich and full sound. From the Moroccan Gnawa rhythms (finally I know what that 'guitary' sound in the background is) to the strings, the trumpets, the choir...

My favourite part is the build-up from the verses to the chorus, where the strings intensify and the trumpets hit. Gives me goosebumps every time. Underrated track for sure!

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/18/2020 at 3:24 AM, skyfitswim said:

the problem is her vocals they sounds not like madonna but i like the song 

the vocals and effects on them are great

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2020 at 11:12 PM, dollhouse said:

the vocals and effects on them are great

some vocals sounds too sharp/low for me personaly, it's a personal taste.

i like the music and higher vocals part and the choir ofcours .

great song but i prefer oit wioth voials like masterpeace

Guest eroticerotic
On 2/9/2020 at 9:21 AM, dollhouse said:

Maybe but not sure if it wouldve made any difference

That is the consensus; but in my eyes every effort is worth a shot! In the world of pop u never know what can take off til u put it out and promote it

10 hours ago, eroticerotic said:

That is the consensus; but in my eyes every effort is worth a shot! In the world of pop u never know what can take off til u put it out and promote it

Thats the problem

21 hours ago, eroticerotic said:

Unfortunately the dire state of the music industry wouldn’t allow this. She could perform it on every single live television broadcast in the US and key international markets and it still wouldn’t do a thing. Mainstream radio is not going to put a new solo single from a 61 year old woman who put out her first single in 1982 into regular rotation, and the vast majority of people who stream music regularly are teenagers and 20 somethings. Getting them to stream anything new by an older artist would be an impossible task. So all you would be left with would be digital single sales from her older to slightly older fans, but the immediate problem there is the fact that digital track sales have collapsed across the board. Thus nothing would give her a decent amount of chart points to turn the single into a commercial success.

Sorry it’s a great song but if there were to be one commercial “success” off the album this so wouldn’t be the most likely candidate compared to IDSIF, GC, Crave, Future, Medellin or I Rise 

40 minutes ago, strictmachine said:

Sorry it’s a great song but if there were to be one commercial “success” off the album this so wouldn’t be the most likely candidate compared to IDSIF, GC, Crave, Future, Medellin or I Rise 

I would actually put it above IDSIF and Future. Future would get her accused of trying too hard with a modern sound, and in regards to IDSIF 90s dance isn't commercially viable, at least in the US. I Rise would be the best fit for US radio, and still sounds mature enough.

• 2 months later...

I was at the supermarket yesterday, in the western suburbs, and Come Alive was playing through the store. Not sure if it was some playlist or something (I was only there for 5 minutes) but was a nice surprise, and got me wanting to dance in the aisles!

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/24/2020 at 1:20 PM, Paul said:

I was at the supermarket yesterday, in the western suburbs, and Come Alive was playing through the store. Not sure if it was some playlist or something (I was only there for 5 minutes) but was a nice surprise, and got me wanting to dance in the aisles!

Love stories like these! 

• 3 months later...