“Come Alive” thread

On 6/12/2019 at 1:12 AM, Wunderkind said:

It’s Body Shop on a small dose of steroids. And I totally love it!

I think that's the best description of the song! It's like Body Shop got a kick in the ass. It's very low key but builds up. I like the use of the choir at the end.

love this. It makes me swoon. It’s just uplifting. It’s one of my favourites so far and I’m a bit surprised it’s not getting as much attention as some songs! still going to have a lot more listens before I properly review the album though. 

The wild card of the album.  How the hell does she record a song that sounds like so many things to so many people in the span of four minutes?  This one will form an identity over the course of multiple plays.

One of my absolute faves so far. I can’t at the amount of amazing tracks on this album. I could seriously break out in tears right now. 

This song feels celestial. 

Guest ditaluver

I love this song but I think the end is a bit repetitive. 

I instantly thought of the mdna tour open your heart segment with these beats. It really could have been right up in there

The end part reminds me of the LAP verses. I hear a bit of Enya, too. There's a sense of catharis, even rapture, when the lovely choir takes over.

11 hours ago, toujours said:

The end part reminds me of the LAP verses. I hear a bit of Enya, too. There's a sense of catharis, even rapture, when the lovely choir takes over.

Yeah, this one speaks to my soul. Magical and positive in a way that inspires. There’s a reassuring calmness to it.

I love this one!  I agree it goes to so many places/styles in one song and they all work together beautifully.  It's so uplifting and hopeful and it just makes me feel happy.  The choir in the outro is an amazing ending to this incredible song.    

15 hours ago, the-queen said:

Yeah, this one speaks to my soul. Magical and positive in a way that inspires. There’s a reassuring calmness to it.

that's the word: reassuring calmness. the song's positiveness just shines through.  

How she gives us a song that transforms from a sassy, energetic Body Shop type tune very grounded in this world to something mystical and enchanting that sounds otherworldly, all in the course of four minutes and so seamlessly .... the amount of genius.

18 hours ago, toujours said:

that's the word: reassuring calmness. the song's positiveness just shines through.  

The organ in the background gives me chills, elevating this into a religious type of experience, with the outro being cathartic.