“Faz Gostoso” thread

20 hours ago, imakicola said:

I love the song. My only complaint is that it’s a remake of something so recent. 

What a bizarre complaint.

I'm sorry to bring that up but in French, "ele faz" sounds like "et les vaches", which means "and the cows"

Edited by Ray Finkle

On 7/6/2019 at 10:36 PM, Crystal Coffin said:

Anyone who dislikes "Faz Gostoso" covered by Madonna on Madame X is just unfunny, uptight, narrow-minded, shallow, complacent, lazy, lame, boring, unimaginative, pedestrian, unadventurous, vapid, vanilla, and uncultured. A prude and a crybaby, basically. Stick to your COADF and Evita soundtrack. 

But I am all of those things AND I love Faz Gostoso... 🤔 🤔

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks

Not even close to being my favorite from the album, but I'm enjoying that it's getting so much love especially in Latin America.  I doubt a video is going to be made, and honestly they should have jumped on this as soon as they saw that this song was getting some major love. 

Just now, Amelia said:

Not even close to being my favorite from the album, but I'm enjoying that it's getting so much love especially in Latin America.  I doubt a video is going to be made, and honestly they should have jumped on this as soon as they saw that this song was getting some major love. 

Agree to all of this. 

10 hours ago, Ray Finkle said:

I'm sorry to bring that up but in French, "ele faz" sounds like "et les vaches", which means "and the cows"

no it doesn't LMAO

On 7/8/2019 at 12:53 AM, Shaun said:

What a bizarre complaint.

he likes vintage. 😉

12 hours ago, Amelia said:

Probably the most wasted opportunity for a song to become a single after Beat Goes On.

11 hours ago, Stephen said:

LMFAO but actually "ele" is pronounced in Brazilian portuguese mostly like "eli" (generally speaking an e at the end of a word sounds like a very short and light "ee", like ink, inn, ill etc). But I get what you mean 😉

Edited by Geiger83

15 hours ago, zephyralexxx said:

Probably the most wasted opportunity for a song to become a single after Beat Goes On.

Was Beat Goes On popular? I dont remember reading anything on that... That'd be really cool if it was! What countries loved it?

How has Faz not dented the Brazil charts...???? I was Top 10 in iTunes, Apple Music AND the ever elusive Spotify. Makes no sense. Shouldve been a Top 10 hit.

I just met Anitta! She's very kind and amazing. She's aware of the Faz Gostoso reactions and she wants a video with Madonna. "Hopefully we'll convince her", she told me 🙂

IMG_-4ebzzq.jpg

4 minutes ago, Jairo said:

I just met Anitta! She's very kind and amazing. She's aware of the Faz Gostoso reactions and she wants a video with Madonna. "Hopefully we'll convince her", she told me 🙂

IMG_-4ebzzq.jpg

:wow:  :wow:     

19 hours ago, yououghttavogue said:

Was Beat Goes On popular? I dont remember reading anything on that... That'd be really cool if it was! What countries loved it?

yes, very. it even got some unsolicited airplay. why it wasn't the second (or third) single is a mystery. maybe it had something to do with kanye or his label. 

wasn't madonna hashtagging #waitingforanitta? what was that about? 

If this had been the lead single I think that would have been the Madonna fan apocalypse lol. But of course, if it's a hit then everyone changes their mind. I do hope they get to do a video. If it's fun and over the top it would easily go viral.

On 7/6/2019 at 8:20 PM, imakicola said:

I love the song. My only complaint is that it’s a remake of something so recent. 

Unless you're in Brazil, no one will know that. I sure as hell didn't. But I don't know if that just means I'm old and out of the loop lol

18 minutes ago, TRVC said:

Unless you're in Brazil, no one will know that.

And in Portugal, as that's where the song is from (despite it being sang in Brazilian Portuguese) and where it first reached success before it became a hit in Brazil.

4 hours ago, bardo said:

it even got some unsolicited airplay. why it wasn't the second (or third) single is a mystery. maybe it had something to do with kanye or his label.

There was this rumor back then, it was Kanye's condition for his featuring that the song mustn't be released as a single.

On 6/28/2019 at 5:43 AM, Profane said:

Never heard of Anitta or Maluma until MX (not big in the UK). Is her music any good?

She has a lot of good songs. Medicina, Paradinha, Sua Cara, Vai Malandra, Terremoto and Downtown are my favorites.

6 hours ago, bardo said:

yes, very. it even got some unsolicited airplay. why it wasn't the second (or third) single is a mystery. maybe it had something to do with kanye or his label. 

wasn't madonna hashtagging #waitingforanitta? what was that about? 

beat goes on still gets a lot of love