“God Control” thread - video coming #soon

2 hours ago, Nikki said:

There's a few decent reviewers out there with a big following who know how to form a sentence, not this junkie :lmao: 

What I found special  with him was that he highlighted the link between dark ballet ending and the beginning of god control ...the first like being an intro for the former....anyway already funny and somehow pleasant  to see this “kind” of unobvious interest for madonna in general....especially  as it has been appreciated as masterpiece. Exceptional music must be able to speak to everyone...however me, I’m very excited about hearing the unreleased songs this Friday ...but especially looking after god control....I don’t remember last time,I noticed such large positive  and diverse consensus (among fans and not limited to that)on anything madonna has done, perhaps since the release of Hung up...

4 hours ago, Nikki said:

this came out of nowhere! such a strong melody! it's such a joy to listen to

Really like that part. Wish it would be longer... 🙂

20 minutes ago, spaceshipearth said:

I would love to hear this song.  Not sure where to find a link.

Go to itunes and buy a copy of Madame X. It will be friday on your phone and you wont regret it 😉

Yea I missed the link to this one when it was out.  Cant WAIT to finally hear this ..and yes I have about 9 different versions of the album coming so I've paid for it.   Lol

This song is just 6 minutes of PURE HEAVEN.  Chills and goosebumps when she goes into the "it's a weird kind of energy" melody and the whisper-rap at the end. 😍  One of her best songs of the last 2 decades, for sure.  It's hard to believe it's actually 6 minutes long... then I look at the play count and realize how much time I've spent listening to this already. 😂

It's like American Life + Confessions + Erotica + Like a Prayer had a love child.  Pure magic!

21 hours ago, zephyralexxx said:

The chorus reminds me of this... 🥺❤️

My #2 trance of all time!!!!

17 minutes ago, Flip The Switch said:

Good taste. What’s your #1?

It's been 20 years, but it still gives me goosebumps every time I listen to it.

1 minute ago, Musicinferno said:

Right now I have the feeling that God Control is the best song I have ever heard. Might be deluded tho 😆

If nothing else, it's one of the most artistically intricate dance songs she has ever done. INSANE.

The psychedelic chills you get when you listen to this song, just make you go disco-crazy, its by far the finest record she has ever recorded, its brilliant at best, I wish mirwais was used through this album. This is my fave on the album followed by " I Don't Search I Find".....10/10

If I had one gripe with the song it would be that I wish she would have repeated the "its a weird kind of energy..." part or sang something similar with the same melody. Its just that good, but I do love that she repeats the "rap" part. 

6 minutes ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

If I had one gripe with the song it would be that I wish she would have repeated the "its a weird kind of energy..." part or sang something similar with the same melody. Its just that good, but I do love that she repeats the "rap" part. 

Omg i swear i was just thinking the same thing!!!!

1 hour ago, xtaticboy82 said:

Now we can conclude Mirwais is up there with Patrick Leonard as one of M’s best producer to collaborate with! 

I agree. Waiting for the Leonard stans to attack 🤣🙈🤸

Omg well I've heard it in full and the entire thing us just Heaven in sound. The last minute is PERFECT...the entire song is perfection. 

Everything is perfection.  This is the album I was hoping she was making!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, rukydee said:

, I wish mirwais was used through this album. This is my fave on the album followed by " I Don't Search I Find".....10/10

I originally thought the same thing, but then I realized it would have been overkill. I like the variety of this album...and it makes IDSIF and GC that much more special (and stronger standouts)

I loved it instantly. But after about the fifth listen it hit me, shivers, laughter, I was overcome. It's genius. I may be a bit eager but i think it may be in my top 5 Madonna songs.