“God Control” thread - video coming #soon

1 hour ago, Urien said:

When do you think the supposed video to this song will get a release? It's too god damn epic!

#soon

I've always thought they were holding onto this video to unleash closer to Pride. I feel like it should be out by end of the month. Of course that's 100% speculation on my part.

5 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

I've always thought they were holding onto this video to unleash closer to Pride. I feel like it should be out by end of the month. Of course that's 100% speculation on my part.

I can’t wait for M to share some teasers on IG on the next days! 

I think it’s gonna come out sooner, cause apparently they are filming I Rise (remix) live on Pride as the official video!! So maybe we’ll get God Control next week, I Rise the following week, and then Batuka in the following month...

10 hours ago, Phineaspoe said:

I don't think she needs it either, but that she could have one. 

And it's not about Cher's age imo, but that she was that age AND had been out of the charts for at least eight years. But again, I don't give a either way. It was just an observation. I do hope as many people as possible get to appreciate God Control for the masterpiece that it is, and unlike others I always hold out hope. I was once 20 and fell in love with Madonna singing about soy lattes... 

👍

8 hours ago, Mensch said:

I think it’s gonna come out sooner, cause apparently they are filming I Rise (remix) live on Pride as the official video!! So maybe we’ll get God Control next week, I Rise the following week, and then Batuka in the following month...

I think she will release it this Friday. If she is not going to do a live performances for Crave on Jimmy Fallon, she needs a new video out or this promo is going no ware.

As we saw for RH, she can go on every TV show known to man and the results will be minimal.

She's given us 3 music videos and 2 major performances before the album was even released. Not to mention, we DEFINITELY know there's a GC video waiting to be released and it's HIGHLY LIKELY there's a Batuka video ready to go.....AND who knows if they'll take advantage of FG going viral. That's 5-6 music videos right there. Let's not come down too hard on her for promo here. Come on.

4 hours ago, Martin B. said:

Every time I listen to this song, the strings remind me of the end of Dear Jessie.

I think that's why I love it. it reminds me of those violins (and Im a sucker for Dear Jessie. It's in my top 20 for madonna songs)

13 hours ago, Kurt420 said:

As we saw for RH, she can go on every TV show known to man and the results will be minimal.

She's given us 3 music videos and 2 major performances before the album was even released. Not to mention, we DEFINITELY know there's a GC video waiting to be released and it's HIGHLY LIKELY there's a Batuka video ready to go.....AND who knows if they'll take advantage of FG going viral. That's 5-6 music videos right there. Let's not come down too hard on her for promo here. Come on.

This era as far as videos has been amazing!!! And we are about to get the best of them: God Control and Batuka in the coming months! So cool!

I don't have time to read 12 pages of this thread, but I love "God Control" and think it is EPIC in musical proportions!!  The 'rap' in it reminds me of Tom Tom's "Wording Rappinghood", so it is like that song on Madonna vitamins!!

3 minutes ago, Dickens said:

I just noticed that the Wikipedia page for Madame X has been updated to list "God Control" as the third single.  I wonder if that's official.

Doesn't "Dark Ballet" count as the 3rd single? How do we define a single now? I'm confused.

I guess a single officially is a video, radio edit shipped to radio stations, remixes and concentrated performances. How GC was not the first single is beyond my comprehension with Faz in the Latin market as first single. So many bad decisions over the last 10 years have all had a small contribution to her current commercial status with album and singles sales. 

1 hour ago, Who Is That Girl? said:

I guess a single officially is a video, radio edit shipped to radio stations, remixes and concentrated performances. How GC was not the first single is beyond my comprehension with Faz in the Latin market as first single. So many bad decisions over the last 10 years have all had a small contribution to her current commercial status with album and singles sales. 

I agree that the best songs on the recent albums have not been singles. It's strange and frustrating.

On 6/17/2019 at 2:00 AM, Mensch said:

Any info on GC and the rumor of it being delayed again?

On 6/19/2019 at 8:04 AM, frzndrwnwrld said:

I agree that the best songs on the recent albums have not been singles. It's strange and frustrating.

I totally disagree. Medellin and Crave were excellent single choices.