“I Don’t Search I Find” thread

On ‎6‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 10:48 AM, Shane said:

Had a moment with this one during the spoken word bridge. Took me back to hearing the Erotica album at 16 and how the whole world stretched ahead of me.  Because the song sounds like a child of Erotica and Confessions.  And the bridge is her speaking her truth at 60 with words to inspire everyone at any phase of their lives.

Agree with the sentiments.  Loving this track to the nth degree!

On 6/26/2019 at 7:10 PM, Andgon144 said:

I like how she said that IDSIF was an homage to Vogue

This song and vogue are clearly sisters lol 

yes!!!! resuce me-vogue-deeper and deeper and now I don´t seach I find! although it´s more a homage to a type of music from 1989-1993, not only Vogue! I can imagine rupaul or C&C music factory singing this

Does anyone else think she's talking about life after death here with this song? I haven't heard anyone go too deep into the lyrics here, but I've found the spoken-word interlude to be the most telling and curious aspect of this song.

The spoken-word interlude essentially says that life is suffering("there's no rest for us in this world"), which is a Buddhist belief, and that it's only in our "gypsy blood" to move on and "shake hands with our fate," which ultimately is death. Like almost every ghost story in a movie, those who cling on to life and this world aren't able to "walk past" and move on. 

Take into account also that Easy Ride has been teased for the tour, and according to her folder seen on IG, might be slated to follow IDSIF on the tour's setlist. Easy Ride is essentially about life/death and alludes to life being a circle("I go round and round"), which obviously is a sentiment that also is found in both Buddhist belief and is plainly said on Extreme Occident.

For the longest time I couldn't understand why Easy Ride would be slated to follow IDSIF in the setlist, as musically these songs are WORLDS apart, but when I look at the lyrics closer, they're thematically very similar. 

After everything she's learned and experienced in the past few years and album cycles, and with her own mortality more than likely coming into view more presently than ever before, I'm not surprised to hear her talking about this kind of topic. 

Edited by norrelb
clarification

Every time she sings “it’s our gypsy blood,” I am transported back in time to hearing the Erotica album.  Ultimately, this woman’s vocals might be the most important thing of all in terms of her legacy. And she keeps on serving them in style. Simply one of the best songs she has ever given us.

I love the alternating registers she uses on the “finally enough love” likes in the final stretch.

I STILL think this is one of the best tracks of her career. It's such a cool tune like a lot of what's on Erotica, ROL and Music. But genuinely, for me one of her top 5 tunes, no question. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/10/2019 at 9:23 PM, Shane said:

I love the alternating registers she uses on the “finally enough love” likes in the final stretch.

My favorite part of the song! It's orgasmic.

On 7/10/2019 at 10:23 PM, Shane said:

Every time she sings “it’s our gypsy blood,” I am transported back in time to hearing the Erotica album.  Ultimately, this woman’s vocals might be the most important thing of all in terms of her legacy. And she keeps on serving them in style. Simply one of the best songs she has ever given us.

The more I listen to this song the more I love it. I agree, it's like being transported back in time when listening to it. Seriously, it's as if she used some vocal outtake from '90-'92 on that spoken word part. Totally agree about "finally enough love" part......a peak in the song, yet it's very near the end. On the second and third "finally enough love" she sounds soooooo 80's to me. Just love this song. It's definitely #magic and after one month+ it remains my favorite.

Also, this is a weird thing I suppose but I find I HAVE to listen to BIL before this song because the segue from her little cackle at the end of BIL into the IDSIF beat and her first "finally enough love" just makes me melt!! 😍

On 7/23/2019 at 4:38 PM, Stranger 68 said:

Wasn't there a Video planned for this Song?? I remember someone told that?? 

There are no more videos planned since before of the album's release. There is nothing else planned except the tour rehearsals. (Hopefully Klein's post is a "wake-up call" and is something linked with the album's promo). The album slowly dies after the first week. I told it before and almost everyone jumped to my throat. 

Excuse my sincerity. 

4 hours ago, zephyralexxx said:

There are no more videos planned since before of the album's release. There is nothing else planned except the tour rehearsals. (Hopefully Klein's post is a "wake-up call" and is something linked with the album's promo). The album slowly dies after the first week. I told it before and almost everyone jumped to my throat. 

Excuse my sincerity. 

:lmao:Give it a rest already.

12 hours ago, zephyralexxx said:

Excuse my sincerity. 

Sadly the sign of the times, its like cumming right when you slip the dick in. Oh well, we still have a good album, several videos, promo interviews and performances. I mean there's a reason why arianna released two albums in a year, so its not just a madonna thing but an industry thing. We still have the tour coming up tho!

We've had six videos, a documentary, live performances, Pride and now the tour. It's been a generous era compared to one big video, a studio shot fashion and live videos we've gotten before the last few album campaigns.

13 hours ago, zephyralexxx said:

Excuse my sincerity. 

You’re starting to sound pathetic babe. Time for you to take a break and give it a rest.

15 hours ago, zephyralexxx said:

Excuse my sincerity. 

I can't wait for her to prove you wrong! 

7 hours ago, runa said:

You’re starting to sound pathetic babe. Time for you to take a break and give it a rest.

Thanks for your advice babe. I am listening to the album everyday and enjoying it. There are other things I’m not enjoying them, like fans insulting other fans for expressing their feelings. 

1 hour ago, zephyralexxx said:

I pray for that day! 🙏🏻

Me too because I hope for more videos, but, I know it's a lot to ask for when she's made so many already. But, I'd love a trench coat spy video and Crazy girl accordion video. I'd also love for her to show us how she lost her eye.