Jump to content
MadonnaNation.com Forums

Recommended Posts

I thought i was the only one that skips that squeeling girl at the beginning. 

 

I love the remixes! The Tracy Young, Kur Drops, Thomas Gold remixes are all amazing. Only issue i have with Tracy Young was she didn’t cut out the annoying girls rant and instead placed it right in the middle when it unexpectely jumps at you while in the middle of enjoying the track 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, Jitterbug said:

I thought i was the only one that skips that squeeling girl at the beginning. 

 

I love the remixes! The Tracy Young, Kur Drops, Thomas Gold remixes are all amazing. Only issue i have with Tracy Young was she didn’t cut out the annoying girls rant and instead placed it right in the middle when it unexpectely jumps at you while in the middle of enjoying the track 

THIS ^

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/14/2019 at 5:07 PM, sillynate said:

So unnecessary :thumbsdown: She’s fighting for the same cause as Madonna. Kindness is one of the few free things in this world.

Speaking of her anyway, her speech that’s sampled in the song is perfectly timed with the song itself. I was playing around with the instrumental and her speech and the parts of her speech that I used fit perfectly. Yet another time the stars aligned for the creation of a masterpiece :inlove: Madonna truly is an artistic musical genius 

This pig think she's always right and she did diss the Queen for her God Control video. That other pig David Hog (appropriate last name for a smelly barnyard animal) was smart enough to keep his trap shut.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Ghost Town said:

This pig think she's always right and she did diss the Queen for her God Control video. That other pig David Hog (appropriate last name for a smelly barnyard animal) was smart enough to keep his trap shut.

Incredibly embarrassing to read this. So this other kid didn’t do a damn thing and you’re here insulting him? This behavior is absolutely horrendous, especially if you’re a grown adult which you probably are because let’s face it, Madonna doesn’t have a huge following with the youngins. 

I’m glad fans like you don’t make headlines and give the rest of us a bad name like Beyoncé’s fans. :thumbsdown: 

Anyway, I’m done talking about this. Quote me if you want the last word or don’t. I really don’t care, do u? Anyone else reading this, don’t expect me to reply if you come at me with this nonsense. 

Stop the drama, start the music.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, sillynate said:

Incredibly embarrassing to read this. So this other kid didn’t do a damn thing and you’re here insulting him? This behavior is absolutely horrendous, especially if you’re a grown adult which you probably are because let’s face it, Madonna doesn’t have a huge following with the youngins. 

I’m glad fans like you don’t make headlines and give the rest of us a bad name like Beyoncé’s fans. :thumbsdown: 

Anyway, I’m done talking about this. Quote me if you want the last word or don’t. I really don’t care, do u? Anyone else reading this, don’t expect me to reply if you come at me with this nonsense. 

Stop the drama, start the music.

Yes, you are DONE, little mongster. Go hop and skip back to ATRL and badmouth us all some more. *FLUSH*

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Awesome article on Tracy and M. re: her I Rise nomination. 

Of course, anyone who undercuts Madonna is ignorant of history. The Advocate ranked the "Vogue" singer as the greatest gay icon in a 2012 cover story, which chronicled her many contributions: her liberation of sexuality in pop music, her activism during the AIDS crisis when most celebrities were silent, the impact of gay visibility in her Truth or Dare tour documentary, and her ongoing fight against stigma. She won a GLAAD award for her lifelong allyship last year.

 

https://www.advocate.com/music/2020/1/07/tracy-young-madonnas-fave-dj-breaking-grammy-glass-ceiling

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, animalinstinct said:

So technically Madame X is a Grammy winning album? Even if the award goes to the remixer and for one of the singles! 

No it's not.  It's only for remixer, only for remix, for a piece of work with that remix.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow this is so cool, I Rise joins Revolver as it won the same award for David Guetta.

This is way she M keeps doing remixes and quality ones, congrats Tracy!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MadameVirgin said:

No it's not.  It's only for remixer, only for remix, for a piece of work with that remix.

She needed the original song to create a remix. Stop being negative.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

awesome news! I'm so happy for Tracy.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Great! good for Tracy! I believe she's the first woman ever to win the award

Edited by ThomasW
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Iconic Fetus said:

Wow this is so cool, I Rise joins Revolver as it won the same award for David Guetta.

This is way she M keeps doing remixes and quality ones, congrats Tracy!

+1 ✌💪🤙🙏👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, luluthecat said:

Glad she won. But for me this remix is pretty weak, seems a bit bought and paid for, like all the grammy nominations. 

well, I think this is one of her best remix in years, so I guess to each their own

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Flip The Switch said:

Tranny mixes are awful but nice that she got a Grammy.

Don’t disparage transgendered people using terms like that here. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, luluthecat said:

Glad she won. But for me this remix is pretty weak, seems a bit bought and paid for, like all the grammy nominations. 

Highly doubt it for such an obscure category and it is a good remix that got a lot of play in clubs here.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Tracy's interview with NewNowNext after her win:

 

Quote

History was made at last night’s 62nd annual Grammy Awards, where Tracy Young was the first woman ever nominated in the Best Remixed Recording category.

 

Tracy was up for Madonna’s “I Rise” (Tracy Young Pride Intro Radio Remix). And, adding to the history-making, she won! The longtime DJ-slash-producer—who blossomed on the South Beach scene and has worked extensively with Madame X—is richly deserving of the honor, so I tracked her down this morning for a congratulatory chat.

Congrats, Tracy! I was so proud when I heard that you won. Did you think you would?

I never even thought I’d be nominated. I was just starting to feel comfortable with that, and then I won. I’ve been in this business for 25-plus years, and it had never happened before.

How did you start working with Madonna?

I was introduced to her by [South Beach club entrepreneur] Ingrid Casares, and I started DJing for her, then remixing for her, and now we’re kind of collaborating. In her tour, she’s doing a remix of mine that we worked on together, called “Crave”. I also just did a remix for Debbie Gibson that we collaborated on. I used to go in the studio and do my version and turn it in, but now, the artist wants to be more collaborative. I like that because I’m growing more as an artist and a producer, and it gets me out of my comfort zone.

What do you feel is the tone you brought to Madonna’s “I Rise”?

I wanted a version to put on the dance floor because I felt it was such a powerful song for the LGBTQ community. I came to find out that’s what she had in mind when she wrote it. I asked if I could remix it, she said ’yes,’ and then it was also the Stonewall50. It only made sense to bring a version to the dance floor. It was so well-received. It wasn’t a single, and it was not something pushed by the record label, it just organically happened. This whole thing is very special.

Have you faced challenges as an out lesbian in the music industry?

In the beginning, the gay community wouldn’t hire me because I was a girl. And I’d audition for a slot, and the straights would say, “Girls don’t do this.” Working with Madonna broke that wide open with the gay community because she is such an icon. But before that, people would say I should choose a different career because women can’t do this, and it’s a male-dominated industry. When I went to the radio, they embraced it because it was so different. I blew up that way. Then I went backwards to the clubs.

Tell me something about working with Madonna that might surprise people.

I think people see her as everything’s so calculated and she’s such a businesswoman, but while all that is true—she’s very smart—she happens to be a brilliant artist and musician. I don’t think people give her credit for that. It’s not as calculated as people think. She’s just expressing her true art.

http://www.newnownext.com/tracy-young-dj-grammy-win/01/2020/

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm happy for her, and happy that a song from Madame X is responsible for this Grammy, I'm also pleased to learn Madonna was actually involved in the remix, so I think it's fine to say this award applies to Madonna.

Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...