"I Rise" thread

The mixes are just what I need right now.  I so need to rise, up above it.... up above it all.  Definitely will be purchasing when available.  Anthemdonna is back.  Xoxox

On 8/13/2019 at 9:39 PM, karbatal said:

What's the point of remixing I Rise? Such a beautiful and emotional song as it is! 

Uhm to get to #1 in the Dance charts since they sent it to clubs? 

On 8/15/2019 at 2:34 AM, I Don’t Search I Find said:

It’s #4 on the most recent dance chart. With the flood of new mixes available now it should hopefully push it to #1 on the next chart week or the week after.

Now up to #2! The new remixes that just came out should help boost it to number one next week!

Album: I Rise

41 minutes ago, luluthecat said:

Waste of time remixes. Thomas Gold’s is probably the best only because it’s slightly different from the usual dross her remixes have become. 

Make your own if you can do better.

2 hours ago, luluthecat said:

Waste of time remixes. Thomas Gold’s is probably the best only because it’s slightly different from the usual dross her remixes have become. 

i really enjoyed the i rise mixes ...i didnt enjoy any rebel heart album remixes ...

I actually think this batch is far better than many recent singles. Thomas Gold is a nice throwback, the Kue Up the Funk and Daybreakers ones evoke great club vibes, and the DJ Irene one is pleasantly offbeat. I approve.

I'm loving the remixes, I actually like these better then the Tracy young remixes. My top favorites are

I rise Kue drops the funk mix

i rise offer nissim remix

i rise thomas gold remix

18 hours ago, I Don’t Search I Find said:

Now up to #2! The new remixes that just came out should help boost it to number one next week!

This is amazing news! Awesome. I bet Higher Love is #1 next wk and I Rise will then go #1, the following.

If it does, it will be her 48th #1 on that chart! I am confident she will get to 50, since there *should* be 2 more dance releases from this album? Maybe 3!? So many could be released...lol

47 minutes ago, HolidayGuy said:

^As previously noted, "Higher Love" moved 3-1 on the Aug. 24 chart. So you think HL will be a rare multiple-week No. 1? 🙂

Ah, did it? I missed that announcement. OK, cool, no--I think I Rise definitely moves into the top slot next week then. 😄 

8 hours ago, luluthecat said:

I agree - really wish there have been better remixes but was the same for the last 2 albums. Wonder if moving from Warners is partly the reason they have declined in quality

Tracy Young one I liked though and the Thomas Gold one is ok.

Record companies the past decade have massively slashed budgets what they used to spend on remix packages for a song. They don’t make as much as money from them as they used to. So nowadays they don’t spend the time and especially money commissioning remixes from the biggest DJs and curating well thought out remix packages like they did in 1990s to early 2000s. And leaving Warner Bros. for Interscope just exacerbated the situation for Madonna since they treat/promote her like a lower priority with pretty much everything. Most of the remixes she manages to get now are in house from Interscope now.

i like how the strings are turned into a disco sound on the dj kue remix. i just wish her vocals were faster on all of these mixes. they're actually normal speed on the one slow mix (dj irene). 

5 hours ago, cocolattee said:

out of the remixes we got, my favourite is the DJ Irene & The Alliance one

I still don't think I Rise is a suitable track for dance remixes because of the "slow vocals"

At least they didn't speed them up like junior did on secret. That's the one thing that gets me about those remixes in that are sounds wobbly.

49 minutes ago, jonski43 said:

At least they didn't speed them up like junior did on secret. That's the one thing that gets me about those remixes in that are sounds wobbly.

weren't the vocals for Secret allegedly re-recorded for the Junior mixes? I seem to remember that was the rumor at the time