"I Rise" thread

4 minutes ago, Je5u5 said:

What we need is an Emma Gonza-less version of the album version.

Yes please. Erase her from the track. I feel harsh saying that, I loved her message being at the beginning, but she handled this all wrong.

Madonna gets people talking about Gun violence and this millennial fame hungry bitch complains. The song is powerful but now leaves a bitter taste because of her.

9 hours ago, karbatal said:

I never understood the need of remixing a ballad. Those mixes are horrible.

Mariah Carey famously resung her hits for urban & dance mixes.

Madonna has always talked about what no one else had the balls to talk about even less pronounce themselves. Sad but true she will only be recognized after the fact ... it only took 30 years to see she was among the ones and only vouching for LGBT rights, don’t expect gun control will be understood any time soon. However that doesn’t mean she would give up.

2 hours ago, Je5u5 said:

I believe it may exist ... when she was introduced at the GLAAD Awards, “I Rise” began to play, and I don’t recall hearing the quote at the beginning.

Of course, now that we know there is an instrumental on the B side of the 7” in the box set, I suppose it could be the instrumental version. Maybe someone who has been able to listen to the box set 7” can confirm...

4 hours ago, peter said:

I believe it may exist ... when she was introduced at the GLAAD Awards, “I Rise” began to play, and I don’t recall hearing the quote at the beginning.

Of course, now that we know there is an instrumental on the B side of the 7” in the box set, I suppose it could be the instrumental version. Maybe someone who has been able to listen to the box set 7” can confirm...

The instrumental has the speech too.

About the instrumental I wish it had kept the backing vocals like the GLORIOUS instrumental of TUTBMP.

6 minutes ago, karbatal said:

The instrumental has the speech too.

About the instrumental I wish it had kept the backing vocals like the GLORIOUS instrumental of TUTBMP.

Thanks, karb!

That is too bad about the speech on the instrumental... But that also means a version without the intro speech has to exist. I remember hearing the opening chords of I Rise during the GLAAD Awards and, for a second, thinking it was Ghosttown. (Anyone else notice a similarity in the chord progression there? And the muted instrumentation even sounds similar — it’s just that it’s under the speech, so it’s harder to hear.)

I agree with you, karb, that it’s lovely to hear the background vocals in an instrumental sometimes! Esp. TUTBMP!! A fave for me. It’s just lovely to hear her voice (and others sometimes), which are buried in the mix a bit, brought out of thr shadows and allowed to shine. The harmonies are often exquisite. A cappella tracks are good for that, too. (I think of the outro/coda on Secret when I think of lovely M harmonies in background vox.)

On 6/30/2019 at 3:34 PM, Je5u5 said:

I agree.I don't wanna hear her dumb voice on this song anymore!  

What’s going on with these remixes? 

Is “I Rise” the next set of remixes for clubs? What happened to “Crave” Mixes, which was kind-of the next official single, or the “God Control” ones to tie-in with the video dropping.

I’m all for this new way of releasing music, but it’s all getting very confusing for the fans never mind the general public.

17 minutes ago, animalinstinct said:

Is “I Rise” the next set of remixes for clubs? What happened to “Crave” Mixes, which was kind-of the next official single, or the “God Control” ones to tie-in with the video dropping.

I’m all for this new way of releasing music, but it’s all getting very confusing for the fans never mind the general public.

It’s fucked up. There’s no other way to put it. 

On 6/30/2019 at 6:34 PM, Je5u5 said:

I would really like that as well.

There are a couple of versions on YouTube that simply cut the intro and then fade up quickly from there, but they sound too abrupt.  I really hope that someone has the software and skill to just edit out her voice and keep the instrumental intro.

1 hour ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

I changed the start time in iTunes to 00:15 and it's perfect. No more screaming person.

:dead:

6 hours ago, SkyHigh76 said:

I agree.I don't wanna hear her dumb voice on this song anymore!  

This bitch won't apologize while carrying around her victim card. Too much ego and being on a power trip.

1 hour ago, Ghost Town said:

This bitch won't apologize while carrying around her victim card. Too much ego and being on a power trip.

I know someone who will probably become friends with her now 😜

6 hours ago, animalinstinct said:

The TY I Rise mix was announced before the Crave remix. It was in a DJ set that circulated. 

Hoping crave will appear soon but I don't get what the delay is. People will lose interest in the project.

Maybe I Rise was remixed specifically because of Pride — she wanted it to be a Pride anthem, she said ... and it got a video (from TIME) ... so, yes, the approach has been very unusual. That means of the five promo/preview tracks, Future is the only one that didn’t get a video! (Medellín, I Rise, Crave, and Dark Ballet all received a video treatment.) And yet we know Future even had a remix, yes? Because she posted it to her IG with a visual recycled from a Klein-helmed MDNA Skin commercial. So ... super weird this era has been in terms of “singles” and what gets a video, what gets remixes, etc.

On 7/1/2019 at 2:16 AM, Ghost Town said:

Mariah Carey famously resung her hits for urban & dance mixes.

and tony braxton...sometimes they work

and does Rise have a video?:blink:

6 hours ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

I changed the start time in iTunes to 00:15 and it's perfect. No more screaming person.

I did that with Susan Macleod/Into the Groove when I used itunes. Now Spotify wont let me do that I dont think.  😓