"I Rise" thread

1 hour ago, karbatal said:

I want more love for I Rise guys. This song sums up many things. 

I LOVE I RISE I LOVE I RISE I LOVE I RISE I LOVE I RISE I LOVE I RISE I LOVE I RISE I LOVE I RISE I LOVE I RISE I LOVE I RISE I LOVE I RISE I LOVE I RISE I LOVE I RISE I LOVE I RISE I LOVE I RISE I LOVE I RISE I LOVE I RISE I LOVE I RISE I LOVE I RISE I LOVE I RISE I LOVE I RISE I LOVE I RISE I LOVE I RISE I LOVE I RISE I LOVE I RISE I LOVE I RISE I LOVE I RISE I LOVE I RISE I LOVE I RISE I LOVE I RISE I LOVE I RISE I LOVE I RISE I LOVE I RISE I LOVE I RISE 

I love it!🙋🏻‍♂️❤️

I sense a soundtrack song for Taking Flight in “I Rise.” Some have been picking on some lyrics, saying they aren’t necessarily 100% descriptive for the US school shootings ... but they may work really well for describing Michaela DePrince’s war-torn childhood experiences? Just a thought. 

(And lyrics don’t have to fit every circumstance/detail to be evocative and serve more than one theme... but perhaps that’s me not being “literal” enough...)

• 3 weeks later...

@mtzlplk

https://news.abs-cbn.com/video/entertainment/06/09/19/watch-kim-chiu-g-force-sizzle-in-show-stopping-madonna-number

WATCH: Kim Chiu, G-Force sizzle in show-stopping Madonna number

ABS-CBN News

Posted at Jun 09 2019 04:18 PM

MANILA - Kim Chiu and dance group G-Force joined forces in paying homage to the Queen of Pop, Madonna. 

In a dance number on "ASAP Natin 'To" Sunday, Chiu led a show-stopping performance of Madonna's latest hit "Rise." 

Madonna's hit songs such as "Like A Virgin," "Vogue," and "Like A Prayer," are known for their compelling messages and have topped global charts. 

Madonna continues to make music and paint her legacy as one of the world's biggest artists. 

VIDEO

On 6/10/2019 at 1:43 PM, Ven Conmigo said:

@mtzlplk

https://news.abs-cbn.com/video/entertainment/06/09/19/watch-kim-chiu-g-force-sizzle-in-show-stopping-madonna-number

WATCH: Kim Chiu, G-Force sizzle in show-stopping Madonna number

ABS-CBN News

Posted at Jun 09 2019 04:18 PM

MANILA - Kim Chiu and dance group G-Force joined forces in paying homage to the Queen of Pop, Madonna. 

In a dance number on "ASAP Natin 'To" Sunday, Chiu led a show-stopping performance of Madonna's latest hit "Rise." 

Madonna's hit songs such as "Like A Virgin," "Vogue," and "Like A Prayer," are known for their compelling messages and have topped global charts. 

Madonna continues to make music and paint her legacy as one of the world's biggest artists. 

VIDEO

Wow! I missed that. Thanks for tagging me. It's totally unexpected they'd feature I Rise. Good exposure for M to announce she's still making fresh music, millions watch ASAP. 

Remember how CELEBRATION had massive exposure in ASAP? It's been played over and over in the background for months, the original version. 

On 6/10/2019 at 2:04 PM, xtaticboy82 said:

The Philippines loves Madonna, especially when she surprised us by performing the most requested Madonna song on the karaoke, “Crazy For You!”

Yeah, i think we are the only ones who got Crazy For You in the RH tour. It's her biggest hit here that even the millennials know due to numerous local remakes. Of course, Like A Virgin is the next most recognizable song here. 

I’ve had this song stuck in my head all week, especially the line “I’m going through it I know you find the tragic in it” and “died a thousand times, managed to survive”, I just can’t get these lines out of my head, I love her delivery. I don’t know why this song doesn’t get enough love.

Has the complete I Rise picture with whole body been available? I may have the opportunity to write a piece for the newspaper about the release and I would love that picture. 

13 hours ago, karbatal said:

Has the complete I Rise picture with whole body been available? I may have the opportunity to write a piece for the newspaper about the release and I would love that picture. 

mx.jpg 

483079.jpg?extra=ICc3gSBH769dV01ASKCrctX

I feel a little sorry for I Rise but it’s the weakest track on the album, clearly. Even sounds kinda dated, if that makes sense. 

7 minutes ago, Lolo said:

I feel a little sorry for I Rise but it’s the weakest track on the album, clearly. Even sounds kinda dated, if that makes sense. 

I don't agree. It remains my fav track, incredibly emotional and inspirational. The ending with the electric orchestration and the voices gives me shivers. Beautiful and perfect album ending after Looking For Mercy.

2 hours ago, karbatal said:

I don't agree. It remains my fav track, incredibly emotional and inspirational. The ending with the electric orchestration and the voices gives me shivers. Beautiful and perfect album ending after Looking For Mercy.

Essential to this album and her library. A fantastic and timeless song.

On Wednesday, June 12, 2019 at 4:47 AM, mtzlplk said:

Yeah, i think we are the only ones who got Crazy For You in the RH tour. It's her biggest hit here that even the millennials know due to numerous local remakes. Of course, Like A Virgin is the next most recognizable song here. 

Brisbane got Crazy For You on the first night too.

My feelings for I Rise keep changing. Loved it at first, got bored after repeated listens, now love it in the context of the album.