Madame X album general discussion

Just now, datf said:

can someone update me on how the songs leaked online?

Several markets are selling the album early. People are receiving their vinyls and CDs.

A lot of professional reviewers claim GC to be the weakest link on the album. Granted, I have not listened to the song but reading these lyrics gives me life. So powerful, bold, ugly, and you know ... true. 

Friday can’t come soon enough. 

3 minutes ago, Cyber-Raga said:

A lot of professional reviewers claim GC to be the weakest link on the album. Granted, I have not listened to the song but reading these lyrics gives me life. So powerful, bold, ugly, and you know ... true. 

Friday can’t come soon enough. 

I dont know what you are reading but all the ones I read said it was one of the best. Even the ones with ratings of each song GC had the highest over all songs.

I think you might mean Killers was the weak link.

1 minute ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

I dont know what you are reading but all the ones I read said it was one of the best. Even the ones with ratings of each sonf GC had the highest over all songs.

Yes, I read  it too. GC was one of their favourite ( if this has some relevance for us 😋). KWAP has mixed reviews.

2 minutes ago, Adriano said:

lol, gc is probably the best song in this album, the first 5 released songs are pure shit cmpared to the other tracks.

GC is for the COADF moaners

2 minutes ago, Kilt said:

GC is for the COADF moaners

it delivers high quality instrumentals and lyrics anyway. lol, it doesnt matter what its aiming at

1 minute ago, rebelgirl said:

Time goes by so slowly for those who wait.. :nervous:

For those who haven't already  heard them .. lol

Just now, Adriano said:

it delivers high quality instrumentals and lyrics anyway. lol, it doesnt matter what its aiming at

catchy?

5 minutes ago, Adriano said:

lol, gc is probably the best song in this album, the first 5 released songs are pure shit cmpared to the other tracks.

😕😕😕

11 minutes ago, Bat-Fan said:

catchy?

Spoiler

yes. very catchy to me. it`s a very nice listening experience. and different, disco elements but different.
vocoder is finally usefull, its well done and fits the song.
Its a progressive track.

better than any song from confessions IMO, but ppl may think otherwise.

dark ballet and gc complement each other lyrically.

ppl may say anything but this madonna is high level, very high.

1 hour ago, ashtangi74 said:

@robster with rebel heart you made drawings of a few songs and they were beautiful. Can you mke some again based on the songs you heard? God Control and IDSIF? I'm sure those will be really epic

Oh yes @robster 

That was so beautiful! The thing is, with all under control about leaks, makes it hard to drawn something that'll really match with the song.

13 minutes ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

I dont know what you are reading but all the ones I read said it was one of the best. Even the ones with ratings of each song GC had the highest over all songs.

I think you might mean Killers was the weak link.

Or did they tear a new one for Killers? Sorry didn’t want spread fake news 🙂

Either way I don’t care. I just can’t wait until Friday ...

3 minutes ago, Flip The Switch said:

Nice excuse to drag the others songs down. :manson:

i agree, i am angry at those lead choices. all other songs are better.
i want her to have a hit, and the other tracks are capable.

1 hour ago, robster said:

Okay, beware of spoilers, detailed review of God Control:

The track opens with a continuation of the ending of Dark Ballet, you hear M huffing and puffing and breathing, then a solemn piano with M's vocals (she sounds like she has grills in her mouth, but for some reason it fits the tone of the lyrics, as her voice starts to get more and more aggrivated and aggresive as she continues). Talking about the state of the nation and how we need to wake up "When they talk reforms, it makes me laugh. They pretend to help, it makes me laugh." She finishes with "They say that we need love, but we need more then this", piano drops away for a bit, then the choir comes in full blast, repeating the line "We lost God Control". Then the track stops, and these disco tinged violins come in, you hear a few gun shots and bullet shells falling to the floor, a stewardess like vocal comes in saying "This is your wake-up call. I'm like your nightmare. I'm here to start your day!" Full on Disco instrumentation kicks in as M starts to sing "This is your wake-up call". Very catchy melody, with violins warbling, clapping, a fun beat, then comes the wordy rappinghood inspired rap section followed by a whispering M "everybody knows the damn truth, wake up" which goes into frantically warbling violins with a repeated and heavily vocodered Wake Up. Then later the violins drop out as the disco beat continues and she sings a new melody line "It's a weird kind of energy", then back into the vocodered wake-up, back to the wordy rappinghood rap. Then the track starts to build to a crescendo with the violins rising and falling, vocodered warbling "wake up, wake up, wake up" again. Instrumental bit with Mirwais' best take on disco. Then the track drops in energy as she screams in a processed voice "A NEW DEMOCRACY", as the music is low in energy she starts whispering the opening monologue again as the music starts to swell, this time with the Choir in the background, heavy chords slammed on the piano as the track grows and grows, untill only the choir remains repeating "We lost god control" untill they drop out as well and M repeats in a whispered voice "wake up wake up wake up" until it fades out!

Pure art!!!!!

I ask for permission to repeat this gif! 

OMG 

8DE5EA46-23F5-403B-8802-D68A1F77CAFC.gif

3 minutes ago, Adriano said:

i agree, i am angry at those lead choices. all other songs are better.

Sorry, but Medellin, Crave and Dark Ballet are amazing songs.

They might not be your cup of tea, but calling them "shit" is overstatement.