Madame X album general discussion

1 minute ago, headonfire said:

That would be a very smart move actually. If it does indeed leak in full, M's team should immediately move to make it available in digital format on itunes, spotify, etc. That would minimise the impact of the leaks, and she wouldn't lose the sales of the physical copies for the week of release which have already been pre-ordered.

I wrote to Guy Oseary asking this, but he probably doesn’t read comments on his insta. Either way, he should be smart enough to consider this without us having to desperately leave comments... but history shows it’s not always the case... 

7 minutes ago, Katypatra said:

I wrote to Guy Oseary asking this, but he probably doesn’t read comments on his insta. Either way, he should be smart enough to consider this without us having to desperately leave comments... but history shows it’s not always the case... 

Not sure about Guy, but M's team seem to be much more on top of things. Hopefully someone will think of that... Because it would be the smartest decision to minimise a full leak.

45 minutes ago, robster said:

Well, in all fairness, if Madonna and her team REALLY didn’t want it to leak, they would have separated the digital from the physical release. Now the album is shipped all over the world, actually being sold already, with thousands of people potentially having access to it. They knew this might happen. They probably have a back-up plan should an actual full rip appear online, and then work on prosecuting the person responsible for the leak. That prospect and the fact that the last leak and the prosecution of the previous culprit instilled a lot of fear in people. Hopefully enough for them to think twice before leaking anything! 

Yes. Realistically, they would have do to a digital exclusive for the first week or two and then have the physical cd. When physical cds are involved they will always be sold ahead of time because the shipment of product means the album will arrive to the stores early and many will break the embargo to get the sales. It's not so malicious, it's just that there is a HUNGER for the product. A rabid hunger.

In the 1990s/2000s prior to Itunes/Napster etc, I purposely befriended the employees of the record stores in my hood to - 1) get the promotional pics and posters and 2) GET THE ALBUM A FEW DAYS EARLY as soon as it arrives to the store. I've literally done that in the US since Erotica...but no more record stores in LA. 

13 minutes ago, headonfire said:

That would be a very smart move actually. If it does indeed leak in full, M's team should immediately move to make it available in digital format on itunes, spotify, etc. That would minimise the impact of the leaks, and she wouldn't lose the sales of the physical copies for the week of release which have already been pre-ordered.

No it won't be a smart move. They should stick to their guns but work to minimise leaks and shut them down.

And they're counting on the first week to have big opening numbers across sales & streaming so they should not change the 14 June date, not now. 

10 minutes ago, Katypatra said:

You've got to let it go. If physical formats/digital formats have the same release date, some stores in the world will break the embargo and sell the album early. Madonna's team knows this. They've done a fantastic job of containing this album as long as possible. 

Just now, Monsieur X said:

No it won't be a smart move. They should stick to their guns but work to minimise leaks and shut them down.

I totally share that view. Her team should be very much on top of it all to spot any leaks early on... And they seem to be. I just think that if it leaked in full, you know how the internet is and how things spread like fire... So if that came to happen, by making the album officially available on streaming and digital platforms, that would deviate the attention from the leak, and people would go listen to the official release instead.

1 minute ago, boy skeffington said:

You've got to let it go. If physical formats/digital formats have the same release date, some stores in the world will break the embargo and sell the album early. Madonna's team knows this. They've done a fantastic job of containing this album as long as possible. 

Well then, the obvious solution to this is releasing albums on digital platforms a week before the release of physical copies. 

2 minutes ago, Katypatra said:

Well then, the obvious solution to this is releasing albums on digital platforms a week before the release of physical copies. 

I think the physical sales the first week will outweigh any streaming problem caused by a leak less than a week before release. If folks aren't going to buy it and download it illegally it makes no difference what day it's available. 

Keeping it off youtube, twitter and insta is the key. I would never seek out some download service for an album. 

15 minutes ago, headonfire said:

I totally share that view. Her team should be very much on top of it all to spot any leaks early on... And they seem to be. I just think that if it leaked in full, you know how the internet is and how things spread like fire... So if that came to happen, by making the album officially available on streaming and digital platforms, that would deviate the attention from the leak, and people would go listen to the official release instead.

if we're talking about just a few days, which at this point is all it would be, i think releasing the album on streaming and digital early would have a bigger negative impact on first-week sales than the leak itself would.

Edited by bardo

12 minutes ago, bardo said:

if we're talking about just a few days, which at this point is all it would be, i think releasing the album on streaming and digital early would have a bigger negative impact on first-week sales than the leak itself would.

Yes, that a really good point, and it could have the opposite effect as you say.

12 minutes ago, bardo said:

You're absolutely right! 

1 minute ago, bardo said:

Completely agree. Leaks almost always happen a week or few days in advance as many people in this thread have already said. 

1 hour ago, Monsieur X said:

Weekend is quiet anyway and if they can just try and control any full rip leaks over Mon-Thurs then it should be okay. Most of the GP is not interested in seeking out a leaked Madonna album and a large proportion of the hardcore fanbase will have already pre-ordered multiple different formats, so I think the damage (if any) will be minimal by the time Friday rolls around - however, her team should still be vigilant and FANS should NOT download or distribute leaks if they claim to be fans. They'll only have themselves to blame if the album sales & streaming figures suffer as a result.

JUST FUCKING WAIT UNTIL FRIDAY.

I can’t stress this enough.

We have waited for this album for a long time. We had to endure ‘soon’ for what felt like forever. 

Our time is near. Stay disciplined and wait until Friday. Madonna hates leaks, and so do I. She has said how the Rebel Heart leak made her feel. It’s time to light the beacons and summon the Madonna army. Time to buy as many copies of this album as possible and support our idol. This is what we need to focus on now. 

Can anyone say whether it’s likely that we can pick up a copy on Friday at our local Target in this age of diminishing CDs, or is it best to pre-order that one?  I have the standard on pre-order but that’s solely for the alternate cover.  I will never stream nor listen to the standard.  The blonde cover is going to be my official since it’s looking like Extreme Occident and Looking For Mercy will be essential according to reviews.

6 minutes ago, Shane said:

Can anyone say whether it’s likely that we can pick up a copy on Friday at our local Target in this age of diminishing CDs, or is it best to pre-order that one?  I have the standard on pre-order but that’s solely for the alternate cover.  I will never stream nor listen to the standard.  The blonde cover is going to be my official since it’s looking like Extreme Occident and Looking For Mercy will be essential according to reviews.

Being a target exclusive, I’d say it’s safe you can go Friday morning in store and pick it up. That’s my plan. 

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks
1 hour ago, headonfire said:

Not sure about Guy, but M's team seem to be much more on top of things. Hopefully someone will think of that... Because it would be the smartest decision to minimise a full leak.

As much as some hate Guy, he's definitely part of the team.   He's been with her since the early 90's, so those who are hoping he'd go away, may need to deal with it. He's done a lot of good and made her loads of money.  

11 minutes ago, Amelia said:

As much as some hate Guy, he's definitely part of the team.   He's been with her since the early 90's, so those who are hoping he'd go away, may need to deal with it. He's done a lot of good and made her loads of money.  

It would also be more than fair to say that Madonna has made Guy Oseary a great deal of money.

3 hours ago, glitter-lust said:

14th June, I had it all planned. My fiance was going to be at a Spice girl concert, it was going to be me, my dog Medusa, a bottle (box) of sauvignon blanc and of course Madame X. If it leaks before, I literally have no willpower. PLEASE don't leak! I'll be at work, trying to sneak a listen while pretending to be busy and important. It would be like dreaming of losing your virginity in a suite in Paris overlooking the Eiffel Tower, then actually doing it behind a bike shed with fag butts stuck to your arse

No!  Hold onto that sonic virginity, lol.  I’m in the same boat as you are, but I’m pretty committed to holding off till Friday.  We are so close!  (And by the way, this is the best post I’ve read in a really long time, lol).

2 hours ago, Marcello77 said:

"Bitch I´m Loca" Ft. Maluma reminds me "Con Calma" by Daddy Yankee & Snow

Dear God...  I didn’t even realize Snow was still around.  “Informer” is one of the worst songs of all time.

3 hours ago, Mensch said:

Exactly. They should’ve released the physical format a week later

And then we were going to be complaining that she missed the top spot because of that ! 

You know...people talk about this stuff like it’s a new phenomenon. I remember hitting up Rebel Rebel record store in NY twenty five years ago to get my Madonna records a week before they were available at Tower. I remember buying import singles galore that had no impact on her sales in the domestic market. And that was in the days when Madonna shifted units big time. Those that think the album leaking a few days before impact will drastically change the outcome of the official release are dreaming! Holiday! Celebrate! It would be so nice! 

Edited by Herfaceremains

Just now, Mario24 said:

And then we were going to be complaining that she missed the top spot because of that ! 

Well no, maybe count them for that week but people won’t receive them until then...or actually maybe it would keep steady sales for two weeks instead of the major second week decline