Madame X album general discussion

6 minutes ago, madgefan said:

I wonder what she thinks of these early sales :newspaper:

She is too happy now that Dark Ballet is finally released. You can feel it watching her Instagram.

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks
19 minutes ago, madgefan said:

I wonder what she thinks of these early sales :newspaper:

I'm sure it doesn't matter to her.  As long as the albums sold are counted for charting.  That's my only concern here. 

From the reviews, it seems like the bolder experimental stuff is on the first half of the album, while the more traditional Madonna styles appear near the end.  Most artists would bury tracks like Dark Ballet in the middle or at the end of an album, but not the Queen.  And to be honest, most artists would never dare release a song like that at all.

31 minutes ago, Shane said:

From the reviews, it seems like the bolder experimental stuff is on the first half of the album, while the more traditional Madonna styles appear near the end.  Most artists would bury tracks like Dark Ballet in the middle or at the end of an album, but not the Queen.  And to be honest, most artists would never dare release a song like that at all.

I was shocked that DB was track 2. Madame X don't give a f.

I think this will go down in her history as her most dynamic album.

There is literally flavour from across the music spectrum Latin, disco, urban she even references Ballet it's a huge ambitious project. 

But ambition has always been her middle name. Iconic. 

Just now, dcbyebyebaby said:

I just heard a new snippet of God Control that i didnt hear yesterday. It had the "Vogue" like rap. The new American Life lol

Please say it's much more like the Vogue rap and not the AL rap.

2 minutes ago, Confessit said:

At first I thought the person was playing Barbie Girl over top of the God Control instrumental. Then I realized it was Madonna lol. I mean i thought it was catchy but its going to be cringey for a lot of people 

1 minute ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

At first I thought the person was playing Barbie Girl over top of the God Control instrumental. Then I realized it was Madonna lol. I mean i thought it was catchy but its going to be cringey for a lot of people 

Hmm the clip I heard was absolutely fantastic so euphoric I hope it's not spoiled with a cringe rap. 

A silly question: which version will appear on Spotify? The standard one with 13 tracks, the one with 15 or the super deluxe (18 tracks including Ciao Bella)? I wanna hear all of them 😑

Just now, Confessit said:

Hmm the clip I heard was absolutely fantastic so euphoric I hope it's not spoiled with a cringe rap. 

Its in one of the reviews. Something about her not smoking no dope. It was only like 10 seconds long so dont worry.

4 minutes ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

Its in one of the reviews. Something about her not smoking no dope. It was only like 10 seconds long so dont worry.

I've just heard it and I think it sounds lush actually the whole song sounds like pop music on ecstasy. I think God Control will be one of the favourites on the album.

17 minutes ago, Confessit said:

More like the way she recites the fart poem in TOD

20 minutes ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

I just heard a new snippet of God Control that i didnt hear yesterday. It had the "Vogue" like rap. The new American Life lol

It also reminded me of her intro monologue to the Virgin Tour vhs