MadonnaNation.com Forums

MADAME X album reviews

2 hours ago, headonfire said:

After the Pitchfork one was added to Metacritic, the overall score dropped to 70, so holding steady. Hope there's more 80s on the way to bring it up again to the high 70s.

Screenshot 2019-06-18 at 19.13.25.png

oh well, it has the highest User Reviews score... let's promote that fact, and it is the most talked album of the year.

Madame X Metacritic score 6.18.19.JPG

https://www.metacritic.com/music/madame-x/madonna

Madonna Review.JPG

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

55 minutes ago, side_streets said:

It doesn't count anymore. I don't know why. 

Thank you.  That’s too bad because Annie knows music.

The pitchfork review unsurprisingly checks all the boringly snooty boxes of SJW assholishness. I guess this writer, who hates Madonna with a passion, really jumped on the chance to review this new album of hers so he could trash her in this tired snarky style that they have.

40 minutes ago, CzarnaWisnia said:

The pitchfork review unsurprisingly checks all the boringly snooty boxes of SJW assholishness. I guess this writer, who hates Madonna with a passion, really jumped on the chance to review this new album of hers so he could trash her in this tired snarky style that they have.

Totally

Disgruntled former Madonna "fan"

Living in the past

They want their Blond Ambition, Ray Of Light, Confessions Madonna etc for the rest of eternity. Praising trash like Taylor Swift and Joanne probably, says it all really

We've had so many of them on here around 2008-2011. They are utterly clueless, petty, selfish and childish

And transparently hating on Madonna for still being Madonna and having everyone talk about her, for better or worse. As Madame X aptly said in her 2016 Billboard Woman of the Year speech Madonna's greatest sin was to age and continue being creative indeed

The Mojo review won't be posted online? Also- M is interviewed in the August edition, but it doesn't say the album's reviewed, unless the review appears within the interview article.

5 minutes ago, XXL said:

Totally

Disgruntled former Madonna "fan"

Living in the past

They want their Blond Ambition, Ray Of Light, Confessions Madonna etc for the rest of eternity. Praising trash like Taylor Swift and Joanne probably, says it all really

We've had so many of them on here around 2008-2011. They are utterly clueless, petty, selfish and childish

And transparently hating on Madonna for still being Madonna and having everyone talk about her, for better or worse. As Madame X aptly said in her 2016 Billboard Woman of the Year speech Madonna's greatest sin was to age and continue being creative indeed

You said it best!

1 minute ago, HolidayGuy said:

The Mojo review won't be posted online? Also- M is interviewed in the August edition, but it doesn't say the album's reviewed, unless the review appears within the interview article.

Someone mentioned it would be published on the 25th.

3 hours ago, CalinB said:

So strange. the Madame X page is down now when you go to the Metacritic site.  I wonder what is happening?  are they manipulating users reviews? I hope not.

1 hour ago, CalinB said:

oh well, it has the highest User Reviews score... let's promote that fact, and it is the most talked album of the year.

Madame X Metacritic score 6.18.19.JPG

https://www.metacritic.com/music/madame-x/madonna

Madonna Review.JPG

Seems to be back again.

And yes, that user score is glorious and so deserved! We all here need to go to metacritic and leave our reviews.

3 hours ago, Shane said:

I thought Uproxx counted.  That was a beautiful review by Annie Zaleski.

Yes, I was hoping it would be, but it looks like it isn't counted. That's a beautiful review, and one that actually talks about the music, unlike all the shitty ones that are mainly misogynistic, ageist, and sexist rubbish.

Just now, fandonna said:

no

Great. I don't understand what's up with all these negative reviews after the album's release. They really love to hate her. 

5 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

Two sentences in and I'm done.

I read that piece of shit yesterday. I didn't want to post it here since it doesn't count.

2 hours ago, Future feat Quavo said:

WHERE is Billboard? where is CoS, Chicago Tribune etc. ???

Billboard doesn't review albums anymore because they were forced to like everything at first and then 3 years later they would publish something like "after a lukewarm/disappointing album blahblahblah"

They were essentially giving 70-100 scores.

1 minute ago, fandonna said:

c+=58

what a shade. 

Its absurd ranking, especially having in mind that they found only 2 faults with the album: 1) killers lyrics 2) lack of cohesion. They praised practically all else... It sounds more like 90 review. Why its 58 is beyond me. Really.

Just now, fandonna said:

we need more good reviews giving her +80. 

At this point it won't happen. She is really disliked by American critics.